La Paz Favorites

by malecon
    by diver-x

Best Rated Favorites in La Paz

• diver-x's Profile Photo

You must experience the Sea of...

by diver-x Updated Oct 10, 2002

Favorite thing: You must experience the Sea of Cortez on the eastern side of the Baja Peninsula. The water is very calm (when the wind is down) and north of La Paz, boats are very few and far between. Very seldom did we see other boats not in our party. We felt as if the Sea was ours alone! A trip to Baja is great by any kind of boat.

Fondest memory: My best memories are of seeing all the wildlife. A coyote greeted me one morning at our beach bano. During an evening swim, a sea lion poked his head up at us just a few yards away. We saw many whales and dolphins, including an encounter with a school of HUNDREDS of dolphins! We snorkeled with sea lions at Los Islotes and saw a wide variety of birds and fish across the entire trip.

• pigletsmom's Profile Photo

Great Seafood

by pigletsmom Updated Feb 25, 2005

Shrimp cocktail anyone?

Favorite thing: I really thought the food in La Paz was excellent. I did not have a bad meal during the entire week.

Fondest memory: I stayed at the La Concha which had a great restaurant, but every place had good food. I loved the shrimp cocktails, the fajias, the fish with garlic and butter, plus the flan. The Mexican breakfasts were really good too. Excellent refried beans. God this is making me hungry.

Check out my Trevi Italy restaurant tip page for another shrimp cocktail experience.

• o00o's Profile Photo

IMMIGRATION > Trevellers...

by o00o Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: IMMIGRATION >

Trevellers from US need a valid passport and a tourist card available at the border. Trevellers from other countries should check with a Mexican consulate or embassy. Basiccally, short stay for not longer than 72 hours needn't any tourist visa.

• Chark's Profile Photo

Good Fishing

by Chark Written Apr 1, 2005
    Dorado

Favorite thing: Good fishing on both the gulf and Pacific side of Baja. We traveled in October, weather was very nice fishing was fair. Decent for dorado, sometimes tuna, more often known for moderate marlin and sailfish.

• Fishing

• malecon's Profile Photo

UDO - Unidentified Drying Objects

by malecon Written Apr 12, 2006

Favorite thing: While on the roof of my hotel enjoying the scenery I came across these little slug like objects drying in the sun. I have no idea what they are but I'm glad I didn't eat in the restaurant.

Instant Answers: La Paz

Comments

La Paz Favorites

Reviews and photos of La Paz favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for La Paz sightseeing.