La Paz Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in La Paz

Tres Virgenes: Mesquite Grill ambance

by Agraichen Written Feb 26, 2014

The first thing that meets your eyes as you walk through the small bar area in front is the trellis covered courtyard. Outside dining in Mexico can be dark and this is no different. Still there's enough light to review the menu.

We were seated near the open air mesquite barbeque grill so we had a front row view of the process of turning huge portions of meat into delectable dinners.

The wine list, like most Mexican restaurants is not extensive but does have a very good selection at relatively reasonable prices. Remember importing wine from CA is VERY expensive and even Mexican wines are quite pricy.

Also, like most Mexican restaurants service at times seemed a bit sluggish, but only after we began eating. Still the wait staff continued to stop by to refresh water glasses or check to see if there was anything else we wanted.

Favorite Dish: Our party had two different pastas, the lamb shank and the NY Steak. ALL were prepared to perfection and the portions enough to serve two in most cases.

• Beaches

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo

CLUB MARLIN: FAMILY AMBIENCE and Rooms for Rent!

by ViajesdelMundo Updated Sep 28, 2012

Front Entrance

This is a very unique, comfortable, open restaurant fronting right on the bay at La Paz on the northern end of town as you would drive north up the peninsula.

Owned and managed by an American woman who has had the same staff for eons and provides a wonderful meal every time we stop (over the past 15 years).

You can see by the photos that in addition to regular table set-ups, there are over-stuffed sofas and lounge chairs which are particularly nice for just having a drink and appetizers or light lunch. Unfortunately, I neglected to take a photo of the bayside, whch has a pool also, but as we were there for lunch, the sunlight prohibited a good pic.

Pam is usually attending and has built up quite a clientele amongst the ex-pats in the area, in addition to the local population. Adjacent, she also has several rooms for rent!

Live music Wednesdays & Saturdays from 6:30 pm until 10:30 pm. Sunday champagne brunch from 10 am until 1 pm. Closed Mondays.

Favorite Dish: Everythings we have ever had is good; of course fresh guacamole and chips, local fish and seafood, and if you need a fix of American style food, there are wonderful 'Club Sandwiches'!

• Seniors

Steinbeck's: Inner harbor view

by Agraichen Written May 16, 2011

Located in the Costabaja Resort and Spa, Steinbecks provides an excellent view of the inner harbor as well as offering excellent cuisine.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed an excellent Tuna Salad while my colleague inhaled the broiled shrimp salad. The food was excellently prepared and presentation was 5-star. The price was high, but not as bad as it would have been in the US and we were in a close to 5-star resort.

• Spa and Resort

Rancho Viejo Bar & Grill: Great Guacamole and Steak

by Agraichen Written May 16, 2011

Like most of the best restaurants in the Baja, Rancho Viejo doesn't look like much from the street, but once you sit down at one of the crowded plastic tables on the sidewalk you're in for a treat.

Service is faster than most Mexican restaurants and our waiter spoke perfect English. The menu is quite extensive and rather eclectic in its organization but once you figure it out selection is easy.

The open to the sidewalk "kitchen" allows patrons to watch their food prepared from the sidewalk.

Favorite Dish: The Margaritas appear to be made from scratch and are excellent. A tad on the strong side which is perfect in my mind and at 45 pesos they are well priced.

The chips and guacamole we tried as an appitizer was excellent. It's one of the best we've found in the Baja (so far).

The Green Salad with Shrimp that my wife had was excellent as was the Carne Asada and baked potato that I enjoyed.

• Las Tres Virgenes: Amazing food

by mboris Updated Apr 4, 2011

Without a doubt, the best restaurant in town, and one that would seriously challenge some of the best and far more expensive restaurants in los Cabos. The food is imaginative, well made, and delicious. The restaurant has a great Baja-Mediterranean style courtyard, open kitchen, and a very nice and well stocked wine cellar. Our waiter told us the food is Bajamed, a new concept that comes from the northern part of the Baja that we have never heard of, but all i can say its that you must try it, all of us locals are crazy about this new place. This restaurant is so special because it has Baja written all over it. You wont find pink chairs, moles, or mariachi music here, what you experience is basic Baja ambiance with food from the region prepared in very innovative ways.

Favorite Dish: Try the Roasted Lamb Burritos, they are to die for.

• Seniors
    • Fishing

• culturedesigns's Profile Photo

Kiwi: Cool, and relaxing

by culturedesigns Updated Mar 23, 2011

A nice restaurant, we didn't eat there but in the extreme heat we went there to cool off and get a drink. The owner greeted us, and lead us to a table on the out door patio, looking over the bay. The Pina Coladas in La Paz have nutmeg on them, which makes them a little like eggnog. Interesting, I liked them. I would have liked to eat there too.

Favorite Dish: Sitting under a shady tree

• Women's Travel

• culturedesigns's Profile Photo

Papas Y Beer: Don't get sucked in!

by culturedesigns Written Mar 23, 2011

We got sucked in! We had to pee and they were handing out coupons, so we stopped. Huge mistake! They took forever to get to us, we had to order water from three different people before we got it, and it was sooo hot out we really needed it! We ordered fajitas, chips and salsa, and Pina coladas. All of them were WAY over priced and the fajitas were bad! We ate half of them just because we were so hungry but couldn't finish them! To be charged over 10 dollars for chips and salsa felt like highway robbery. After they brought the waters(bottled) some of which we had to send back since we got 4 bottles, they made a big stink and brought out the manager like we were trying to steal something!
    All in all a very unenjoyable experience. We left feeling ripped off and still hungry and thirsty! Don't go! Build for stupid tourists, which I usually pride myself of not being one of...I guess they got me.

Favorite Dish: Nothing

• Cruise

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo

PALERMO's RISTORANTE: HIGH ITALIAN

by ViajesdelMundo Updated Sep 28, 2009

Entrance

This restaurant has only been open about 6 weeks, and the tourist season does not begin for another few weeks, so it still has time to work out the kinks.

I did not eat here, as I was in town on my own, but stopped in to see it and asked my hosts at the B&B where I stayed. They said they have eaten here, but it is expensive and the service needs to improve; I think they said the waiters hovered too much!

Wood-fired pizza, Mezquite Grill, USDA Prime Aged Beef, Sushi

Air-Conditioned, with an extensive international wine list, free Valet Parking, private groups accommodated.

• Tailhunter Fubar Cantina: Best Fish Dinner Ever

by wagomes Written May 27, 2009

This is a brand new restaurant set on Avenida Alvaro Obregon overlooking the beach and walkway. The view from the second or third story tables is breathtaking. It is the one of only two restaurants/bars in La Paz that have beer on tap. They carry ice cold Modelo light and dark on tap. From quick hamburgers and hotdogs to Mexican dishes the menu is good. There is also a store on the ground level where you can obtain a variety of small purchases. The service is excellent and many of the employees speak English as well.

Favorite Dish: We caught our Pargo fish fresh that morning and dropped it off at the restaurant with an order to have half fried and the other half grilled. We arrived at 7:00pm and were promptly served with a drop dead gorgeous presentation of fish cooked both ways. The fried fish was done lightly tempura style with spices. The grilled fish had this green garlic and cheese sauce that was to die for! Absolutely the best fish dinner I have ever tasted and all for a very reasonable price.

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • Fishing

• Il Rustico: Best ambience and pizza in La Paz

by goafer Written Feb 27, 2009

This trattoria/pizzeria is the perfect balance of class, relaxation, and deliciously authentic food. You will not be disappointed! Whether you choose to sit in the outdoor area, surrounded by lanterns and trees, or indoors with wooden tables and tasteful decor, you will experience nothing less than friendly service and a savory meal.

Not only will you certainly return for more, but you have the option to sleep there, too! Il Rustico has a couple of cozy and simple rooms beneath beautiful palapas as part of their Bed and Breakfast service. And, even better, this Bed and Breakfast is within a few short blocks of the boardwalk!

Favorite Dish: Everything on the menu that I have tried has been great, but one MUST try the thin crust, brick oven pizza! My favorite from the Red Pizzas is the Diavola. It is delightfully spicy and the flavor of the meat screams freshness and quality.

From the White Pizzas, I thoroughly enjoy the one with fresh arugula, shaved Parmesan cheese, and fresh grilled vegetables.

• Il Rustico: Best ambience and pizza in La Paz

by goafer Written Feb 27, 2009

Bismark II: Ask Market Price First

by Agraichen Written Oct 22, 2008

Locate in the middle of La Paz about 6 blocks from the Malecon the Bismark II had been a recommendation from someone we met in Loreto. We had another recommendation from our hotel and probably should have taken that one.

The lobster stuffed potato sounded good so my wife ordered one without asking the market price first. Turned out to be $40

Favorite Dish: None really. The Lobster Potato was dry as was the Chicken Tostada.

Bismark-cito: Tacos? Don't miss

by PALLINA Updated Aug 25, 2008

Bismark Cito on the La Paz waterfront. I don't know why they named a seafood restaurant after a German battleship, but this was the MUST visit place for years in La Paz and owners are absolutely Mexican. Lobster potatoes; paella; seafood soup; imperial shrimp wrapped in bacon and cheese as well as stuffed clams are just some of the menu favorites. It was born as tacos stand (and it is still) but now offers much more. Full of locals as well.

• PALLINA's Profile Photo

El Patron: Tired of tacos?

by PALLINA Written Aug 25, 2008

This restaurant has a perfect location at the end of the Malecon. You can enjoy a beautiful sunset from there. It represents a slight attempt to offer something different from the typical Mexican cuisine but somehow it did not convince me enough. Waiters are extremely friendly for my tastes (to aimed to get a big tip I think).

• Business Travel

Kiwi: Sunset terrace

by PALLINA Updated Aug 25, 2008

Directly on the Malecon has a very nice ambience with a view on sea sunset, the food was not bad but nothing special and nothing to compare to Bismark-cito, in the same price range. I remember a very nice waitress.

Instant Answers: La Paz

Comments

La Paz Restaurants

Reviews and photos of La Paz restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for La Paz sightseeing.