Chiapas Travel Guide

Chiapas Things to Do

by JeSuisJill Written Jan 16, 2006

I took a bus with the "folks" from San Cristobal de las Casas to a town called Amantenango. There is LITTLE to do there but buy LOTS of inexepnsive ceramics.

What I enjoyed most about the place is its tranquil vibe, the horses on the roadsides and the beautiful charming town.

Ahh, the ceramics. I bought little painted bowls for less than $3 a piece, and many little ashtrays for a $1. I LOVED the little house that was selling them and the grandparents whose family labored to paint them.

The Church in Amantenango White Corn The Roadside

by JeSuisJill Written Jan 16, 2006

Beautiful Corn The Church in Amantenango White Corn Roadside Countryside

• Chiapas Hotels

1 Hotels in Chiapas

Chiapas Hotels

Chiapas Off The Beaten Path

by JeSuisJill Written Jan 18, 2006

I never made it to the Zapatista Camp, but you CAN go there as a tourist ...

I thought they said "no" to Capitalism? I guess as long as they can make a little $$ people change their policy, belief and everything ...

Instant Answers: Chiapas

Comments

Chiapas Travel Guide
Map of Chiapas