Palenque Restaurants

Italian at Don Mucho's
    by DSwede
  • Platanos fritos con huevos At trotamundos
    Platanos fritos con huevos At...
    by sammyboy312
  • Restaurants
    by sammyboy312

Most Recent Restaurants in Palenque

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

La Floresta Restaurant: Villa Mercedes Restaurant

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Nov 6, 2012

My supper in Palenque

La Floresta Restaurant is a good choice to taste delicious regional, national and international dishes.
    Open from 7:00 to 23:00 hours and offering room service from 8:00 to 22:00 hours.
    The restaurant invites you to taste specialties such as our Sopa Chipilin or a rich Asado Chiapaneco.
    When we got to the hotel in was already late. I spent an hour in the pool and when I came to the restaurant it was already empty. But it worked still and I had a wonderful supper with local bear being alone.

Next morning I had a very rich and varied breakfast buffet on the terrace with stunning views of the tropical gardens and the pond.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Palenque Archaelogical Museum Café: Eat fast and go forward to the ruins!

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Nov 6, 2012

Palenque Archaelogical Museum Caf��

As I had a very rich and varied breakfast buffet in the hotel I didn't have a feeling that I was hungry and need a lunch or a dinner that day. The only possibility to have a snack we had when the excursion in the museum was over and we had fifteen minutes before departing to Campeche.
    I took a chance of the museum buffet where I drank a cup of coffee. It was fine but the special pleasure was to watch tropic surroundings sitting at the table and reminding the details of the excursion around Palenque.
    It was quite enough for me to feel full and ready to continue our trip till the evening.

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Don Mucho's: Good Food and Live Music

by DSwede Written Oct 25, 2011
    Italian at Don Mucho's

Don Mucho's is a landmark in Palenque. Even in the off season when most of the lodgings are empty, Don Mucho's will be full.

The open-air restaurant has lots of tables, but waiting for a couple minutes is not uncommon. There is a small stage and likewise a small clearing which often becomes a dance floor. If you sit in the dining area adjacent to the stage, the music may make conversations more difficult, but if you sit in the far dining area you can talk easily but can't see the performers.

They offer live music every day of the week, starting at 8pm. For example, Mondays is a mix of folk and contemporary, Tuesdays is South American Folk, Wednesdays is Salsa/Rumba/Cumbias, etc.

Favorite Dish: The food is very good. The Italian dishes of pasts, pizza and calzones are arguably the best. But the steaks and others are also good.

Do not however be expecting the best service. Communication between servers and timely service is not among the best of the industry. For example, we had nearly finished our entrees before our appetizers came out. It also took 10 minutes for drinks to come out.

• Music

• dila's Profile Photo

Don Mucho's: Don Mucho's i loved it

by dila Updated Apr 4, 2011

me carrot soup and juice

I loved the food here it was very good. I think people came here from outside EL Panchan because the parking was full every evening (it is not that big the parking)
    There are also great shows at the dinner. I stayed here every evening.

Favorite Dish: I had combination 1
    carrotsoup, fish filet with green salade for 70 pesos.
    breakfast fresh orange juice, fruit, yugurt grains/granalo. about 45 pesos
    Chicken filet in orangesauce.
    Mananita = banana blended with chocolatemilk
    Spinach pizza

Pizzeria Palenque: Pleasant Surprise

by Jase1177 Written Apr 28, 2008

Pizzeria Palenque is a small pizza restaurant on the main street pleasantly surprised me. I was looking for something simple late in the evening and was hankering for something reminiscent of home. It offers a variety of pizza sizes, pre-planned choices, and a la carte toppings. I chose the smallest size (the “chica’) with mushrooms and cheese. The flavor was quite pleasing and the size was perfect for one person. I had the pizza and a Modela for 58 $MX. This place definitely pleased my appetite, taste buds, and my wallet. It would make a good choice for something simple and laid-back.

Café de Yara: Tasty Tostadas

by Jase1177 Written Apr 28, 2008

I went to Café de Yara looking for some good coffee because my guidebook listed it as one of the better choices. Unfortunately, the coffee did not meet up to my expectations but was acceptable. The café con leche was only a so-so coffee choice. However, the chicken tostadas were much better. There were two tostadas with generous fresh yummy toppings. The atmosphere was well decorated, fresh, and clean. One item of note: because of the location right on the street and the open-air seating, there was a bit of noise coming from traffic. In particular, there is a water grate in the street, so the cars going over it make a consistent clanging noise that was slightly bothersome.

For chicken tostadas, café con leche, and a small bottled water, the cost was only 59 $MX, which seems pretty reasonable for everything.

Mara’s Restaurant: Parkside Views

by Jase1177 Written Apr 28, 2008

Mara’s Restaurant was a fair choice in a good location. It sits at the end of the main street, across from the public park. The restaurant has open-air walls that give a nice breeze and great view of the park for people watching. The complimentary chips and salsa were pleasant. It had a nicely priced happy hour special of 2-for-1 tequila sunrises and entrée for 40 $MX. I had the enchiladas suizas, which were only fair, but the drinks made up for it. The drinks were definitely generous with the alcohol, especially considering the price. It made for a satisfying happy hour.

• sammyboy312's Profile Photo

restaurant around the plaza: Homemade fast food

by sammyboy312 Written Mar 11, 2008
    Platanos fritos con huevos At trotamundos

There are a few restaurants around the main plaza of Palenque. Some better than other ones. At the end, comes to what you like and if you like to explore with the local cuisine. Specially, you don't spend hardly any pesos. And the taste mmmmm you have to try it.

Favorite Dish: Be adventurous and try Chilaquiles, and of course jugos naturales.

Tamales: Good roadside food stalls

by leigh767 Written Jan 15, 2008

Palenque is where my friends and I first discovered the delight of tamales, a traditional Mexican dish that can often be found along roadside food stores. see my restaurant tips under my Cancún page for more about this dish which originated from Aztec times.

per tamale: USD 0.50

Trotamundos: Delicious roasted chicken

by leigh767 Written Jan 15, 2008

Palenque is a small town and there is no way you can get lost because there is only 1 Main street. just before the road from the first class bus station forks into two roads, there is a restaurant on the right-hand side of the road called Trotamundos which makes delicious roasted chicken (called Pollo Rostizados) for just USD 2.50 per order. this set meal incl udes spaghetti, silent, refried black beans, and tortillas.

Daniel's Tacos and Tortas: Good tortas

by leigh767 Written Jan 15, 2008

Good tortas can be found just 10 feet away from Trotamundos ( see another tip) at the Street store called Daniel's Tacos and Tortas. Daniel has been running the stall for over 12 years and makes an excellent torta. his four daughters sometimes help out.

Tortas: USD 1.20
    Tacos: USD 0.40

• Enzyme_X's Profile Photo

Does it have one?: Best Tacos In Mexico

by Enzyme_X Written Jul 1, 2005

We wanted to eat tacos, so we went on a quest to find a place to get few. We found it quite quickly. This small place is right next to the Posada Canek (20 de Noviembre 43). And we've found the right place.

Favorite Dish: As tacos vary through-out Mexico, we saw for the first tacos al pastor. Naturally we had to try it. Spiced meat in a tortilla and few slices of pineapple. Delicious. And when you add some salsa and onions. Yumy!

• Ophelio's Profile Photo

Las Tinajas: My Favorite Resturaunt in Palenque

by Ophelio Updated Jan 31, 2005

I am not a huge fan of the Mexican cuisine served here in the states, but this is the BEST Mexican food I have ever tasted! Those sopas were huge!
    Melissa and I ate here three times in the week we were in Palenque. I wish I could have lunch there right now!

Favorite Dish: I loved the crispy chicken chimichanga...but everything I tried here was excellent!

Instant Answers: Palenque

Comments

Palenque Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Palenque restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Palenque sightseeing.