Ciudad Acuña Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Ciudad Acuña

• ma crosby's: crosby's is bad

by clintwallertx Written Jun 23, 2007

waiters ask for tip before you get menu, not everyone will get a menu, waiters come to table about three times a meal, mainly to beg for tips. food is o.k, go with nachos. drinks are really bad, tastes like soap. service is the worst in acuna, so stay if your hungry.

• School Holidays

• Johnny's Steak House: OMG....It's Incredible

by llano1 Written Sep 13, 2006

Yeeee Haaaa, I get to go to Johnny's Steak House again this weekend, It is well worth the 200 mile drive to me. Just hop a cab, and ask them to take you to Johnny's, it's about a mile in to Mexico down major roads, not poor dirt streets. The cab drivers will try to push Ma Crosby's, or some other restaurant, but insist on Johnny's.

This is an large restaurant by mexico standards, with a party area upstairs, and a huge tiled and walled patio area for fiesta's. We ride our Harley's to Johnny's, and they insist we park them in their patio area instead of their walled parking area out back, ah....customer service is still alive here.

From the moment you enter the building till you leave you are treated like long lost friends. I don't speak spanish, but Lucy, the main waitress speaks English.

Oh yes we ride our bikes and stay on the Mexican side, we have never seen any trouble, or heard of any trouble in Acuna. More about that in my hotel report.

Favorite Dish: For an unexpected treat, ask Lucy what is good today (she will not let you down), this is what I had on my last trip down there.

For Breakfast (sorry they are closed on Sunday) Lucy recommended Macha Cada (sp?). It is eggs cooked to your liking with dried shredded beef sprinkled on top, with beans, potatoes, and homemade corn tortillias. My mouth is starting to water just thinking about it. I ordered this in the U.S., and it was terrible.

For Lunch she recommended the T-Bone steak. Well I told her my beef experience in Mexico in the past has been pretty sad. She told me they get their meat from HEB Grocery in the U.S.
    I must say the Steak, with Pan Fries was excelllent. Cost for the steak?? $9.00 dollars

For Dinner, Lucy said tonight the Tampiquina is really good. I'm a real picky eater, but I said ok let me try it. OMG, a Filet Mingon you could cut with a fork, a taco, an enchilada, guachamole, rice and beans, and a small salad. Cost?? $ 8.50

For 7 people to eat and drink, (beer and mixed drinks) for over an hour the total cost was just $75.00.

We no longer go to the high dollar restaurants in San Antonio or Austin because the food is actually better and cost far less at Johnny's.

• Motorcycle

Instant Answers: Ciudad Acuña

Comments

Ciudad Acuña Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ciudad Acuña restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ciudad Acuña sightseeing.