Puebla Restaurants

• A great restaurant - I can't remember the name!
    A great restaurant - I can't remember...
    This IS FANTASTIC
  • Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Puebla

• JeSuisJill's Profile Photo

I can't remember! Lonely Planet recommends: As good as the tour guides say

by JeSuisJill Updated Jan 17, 2006

A great restaurant - I can't remember the name!

The first photo is from a fantastic restaurant near the Museuo Amparo ... Its recommended in the Lonely Planet Guide and totally GREAT. I had the BEST chicken mole that I actually put on the BUS and carried BACK to Queretaro with me. I ate off of that food for a week!

The 2nd restaurant photo is from Fondo de Santa Clara which TOO is in all of the guide books. I had the cheapest thing on the menu, a sampler appetizer and a marguerita. It was DELICIOUS and actually quite satisfying. Its very touristy but delicious and the service was good.

I think the last two photos are from the center of the the city where there are outdoor cafes and little sample food spots.

• Chilies en Nogada

by rleverman Written Jan 16, 2005
    Chiles en Nogada

Favorite Dish: CHILES EN NOGADA
    This dish originated in Puebla. It is made with Poblano Chiles stffed with ground meat with a walnut sauce and pomegranate garnish. It is always associated with September, el mes patrio, because it features the red, white and green colors of the Mexican flag. An invention of the colonial Poblana nuns.

• Great Seafood dishes

by rleverman Updated Jan 11, 2005
    Coconut Shrimp

Favorite Dish: As you figure, one of my favorite things to experience when traveling is the local cuisine. This was probably the best coconut shrimp I've ever had. It was served in half a coconut with a mango sauce in the middle and coconut sauce on the plate.

• Tacos Arabes

by rleverman Written Jan 11, 2005
    Trompa

Street Food

Favorite Dish: One of my favorite foods is Tacos Arabes (Arab Tacos), a traditional dish from Puebla. Puebla is located on the old trade route from Varacruz to Mexico City, so there is a diverse ethnic influence. The meat is layered with spices on a vertical spit. After it's roasted, it is sliced off the Trompa (meaning "top" in Spanish, because it resembles a toy top) and cooked on a griddle then placed in a tortilla with a special sauce made from chipotle chilies.

Instant Answers: Puebla

Comments

Puebla Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Puebla restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Puebla sightseeing.