Guanajuato Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Guanajuato

• pencho15's Profile Photo

Dulcería La Catrina: Typical candies

by pencho15 Written Mar 23, 2011

I've been wanting to recommend this shop since I started this page, but since shopping is usually completely unimportant to me I never remember the name of places and this was not exception, this afternoon I was reading about Guanajuato in a magazine and then I saw the shop I liked and I came right away to write about it before I forget again. This shop has the most complete options on mexican typical candies, and if you didn't know about it Mexico has a very rich tradition on all kind of confectionery, every zone in the country has it's typicall sweets and they are all delicious, here you can delight with all the colours and forms of our rich Candies variations and you can buy some of them to enjoy them.

What to buy: It's impossible to recommend just some candies since they are all delicious, probably the best choice is to guide yourself by your sight and by your feelings and just try around to see what you discover. In the store you'll find sweets from all around Mexico, but if you want to try something typical of Guanajuato then ask for the typical candies of the city, in this field you have three options they are called Charamuscas Rellenas, Pepitorias or Jamoncillo.
    But anychoice will be a great dessert.

Dulcer��a La Catrina

• ????: jeans with killer style!

by aaronrd2104 Written Dec 20, 2010

I saw this kid when I was eating at the Mercado and he was wearing the most amazing pair of jeans I had ever seen, they were just amazing. My Spanish was horrible at the time but I was bound and determined to find out where he bought them. After much frustration on his part, and 3 days of searching for the shop, I finally found it! It's on Calle Juarez after you exit the mercado and are walking back to the jardin, it's on the right hand side before you reach the first little plaza area. The jeans were amazing (I swear they'd sell for over $250 in NYC) and were only 450-600 pesos! I may have gone without food the rest of the trip, but I sure left Gto with plenty of those jeans!!!

• gaolei's Profile Photo

There is a shop at the top entrance of the lift: This is an old mining town, so buy silver!

by gaolei Written Nov 6, 2004

A small Mexican woman works here and designs some of the jewlery.

What to buy: Silver is sold mostly by weight. The average silver ring costs $7 to $10 dollars! there is a wide selection of all forms of silver jewlery, buy some, it's cheap.

What to pay: $7 to $20

• TXgal's Profile Photo

Mercado Hidalgo: Great Market!

by TXgal Updated Apr 4, 2011

Large 2 story building, best prices for most anything you would like to buy.

What to buy: Food stands on the ground floor along with local crafts and other items to purchase.

Instant Answers: Guanajuato

Comments

Guanajuato Shopping

Reviews and photos of Guanajuato shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Guanajuato sightseeing.