Guanajuato Warnings and Dangers

• spitball's Profile Photo

Guarded Monies

by spitball Updated Apr 14, 2006

Guards with BIG guns

I imagine that the guards for the banks down here don't really get all that much as far as a wage goes. Probably put in long hours, and you know what you're like when you've put in a really long day. Top that off with the power of a fire arm and that spells, one pissed off guard, who's just looking for any excuse to show you the way home. Those are pretty large guns they are wearing on their sides, so my warning here is, don't fool around bub, play with matches, and you won't just get burned, you'll get your head blown off.
    My girlfriend at that time, was very worried I would be spotted (so was I) and she kept telling me to be careful. I don't think they saw me, I got the photo I was after, so that was exciting.

• Archeology

• Visiting Guanajuato by Car

by danielnwh Updated Dec 28, 2003

Driving to this city is NOT advisable! The freeways that take you here are great, but once you enter the city itself, it is better to park you car. Most of the city's streets are very narrow, one lane roads. Unless you are very familiar with the town, just walk. You'll enjoy the city more that way:)

Instant Answers: Guanajuato

Comments

Guanajuato Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Guanajuato warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Guanajuato sightseeing.