San Miguel de Allende Favorites

Church facade and steeple
    Back part of the church
    by Laura_Mexico
    Inner patio of the building

Best Rated Favorites in San Miguel de Allende

• Royal63's Profile Photo

Blue Skies and Unique Homes await you

by Royal63 Written May 25, 2004

View from the overlook on the highway.

Favorite thing: I would take someone to the Jardin Principal (main square) so they could see and hear what is going on. Then we would go shopping! I love the color of green, and there is a very pretty stone from Mexico. I think it is called Malakai. I also enjoyed the Mexican food. I thought it would be too spicy, but it is very good.

Fondest memory: The thing I enjoyed most about San Miguel de Allende were the people. The historic monuments, buildings, homes and surroundings were very nice, but the people make the city unique and special. I met with older Gringos (Americans) that sold everything and moved to SMA to live on forever. I understand why. Mexicans are one BIG happy family. They always have time for each other and have time to meet new friends, and continue on friendships with old friends.

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

The doors of San Miguel de Allende

by karenincalifornia Written Mar 9, 2004

Door in San Miguel de Allende, MX

Favorite thing: The doors of San Miguel de Allende are famous and frequently photographed! Walk into a bookstore and you will find books on nothing but the doors of San Miguel!

They are ornate and beautiful. Each one is unique. No two doors are the same.

• Hiking and Walking

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo

A nice church very close to downtown

by Laura_Mexico Updated Sep 2, 2008

Back part of the church

Favorite thing: This is San Francisco Temple.... I would have loved to see the inside of the church but unfortunately there was a funeral taking place in front of the main door when we passed by (before leaving town) and we could not go in. The architecture of the facade and the dome - not to mention the stone walls - were already quite impressive. I hope to be able to see the main altar and the general decoration on my next visit, as I'm sure they must be beautiful too because this is one of the main churches in town.

It is located on San Francisco street, very close to the main square and the cathedral (only a couple of blocks away).

• Religious Travel
    • Architecture

• cbeaujean's Profile Photo

a famous spanish school

by cbeaujean Updated Jun 21, 2003

Favorite thing: two stores monastery cloister,full of tropical plants,now a cultural center and famous spanish school.

• Study Abroad

Instant Answers: San Miguel de Allende

Comments

San Miguel de Allende Favorites

Reviews and photos of San Miguel de Allende favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for San Miguel de Allende sightseeing.

View all San Miguel de Allende hotels