San Miguel de Allende Warnings and Dangers

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

Major traffic jams in San Miguel de Allende

by karenincalifornia Written Mar 9, 2004

San Miguel de Allende, MX

The streets are narrow and can't accomodate cars very well. The city would do well to close of the main part of town to all motor vehicles.

Do not drive around San Miguel de Allende. When you arrive, park your car and do not move it until you leave town.

• Hiking and Walking

• Watch Out for Price Changes!

by theresa474 Written Sep 21, 2003

We had set a price with a driver to take us to Guanajuato for a day for a set price of $120. When we got back we were told that we owed them $180. We feel like that they knew we had money to spend, and that we were being taken advantage of. We stood our ground and it took us at least 3 phone calls to get the price back to $120.

• CarmenCarmena's Profile Photo

Don't deal w/ Royalty Real Estate - Bill Rodman!

by CarmenCarmena Updated Feb 18, 2010

Avoid doing business with him or his company Royalty Real Estate in Centro. You can talk to me or my lawyer to see how he ripped off my family of $37,500 and took the money for himself! They withheld important information from us, and worked against our interest. We are suing him and his company!!

Bill Rodman & Royalty Real Estate uses a "promise to purchase agreement" which is drafted only to protect Bill Rodman's and Royalty's commission. There is no safe guard to tell you as a buyer to be careful before you buy. Rodman holds himself out as having integrity, and being honest, when in fact, all he cares about is his own commission.

He will say and tell you anything, but in the end, check everything out before you sign anything. Better yet, deal with another company. If you must deal with Bill Rodman or his company, talk to a lawyer - one that you find for yourself, NOT one that is arranged by Bill Rodman or company.

• Seniors
    • Women's Travel

• tour company ripped me off! "sol y luna tours"

by sarammm Written Jan 1, 2008

the hotel is nice and friendly, but they hand out pamphlets for a tour company: "Sol y Luna Tours, Transportation and Rentals of San Miguel De Allende". this group took my deposit, send a taxi to pick me up, calling a taxi pretending they were me. i was booked to go to the leon airport with sol y luna, at $$$, and was forced due to flight schedule to pay the taxi extreme money to get me to my flight on time. soy y luna stole my deposit, and cost me hundreds more on top of that. the kids seemed stoned and drunk.

• Shipping Company not to use

by lel733 Updated Jun 16, 2012

Contracted with Destino's Shipping, a moving company in San Miguel, to transport my belongings from San Miguel de Allende to Florida...was told the moving truck would be only a day or two behind me, and would meet me at my new home....they never arrived. To date, I have received no coherent explanation as to why my belongings were not shipped, what happened to them, an apology, or refund. It was devasting to lose all that you owned in this fashion.

Instant Answers: San Miguel de Allende

Comments

San Miguel de Allende Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of San Miguel de Allende warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for San Miguel de Allende sightseeing.

View all San Miguel de Allende hotels