Beaches, Acapulco

Know about this? Rate It!

La Caletilla
    by aventurera
    The Revolcadero Beach @ Acapulco!
    by Laura_Mexico
    by Beast
  • Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo

"El Revolcadero"

by Laura_Mexico Updated May 25, 2006

The Revolcadero Beach @ Acapulco!

Favorite thing: This is a very popular spot in the outskirts of Acapulco, out of the bay area... it's very famous for its BIG and strong waves: indeed its name comes from the Spanish verb "revolcar", which means wallow or roll over.... and that's exactly what the waves will do with you in here!

Children LOVE this place... I used to like it a lot. I think it must look like something really wild compared with the mild waters of the Acapulco bay, it's exciting to be among those big waves and you feel as if you were an "older" person for swimming in such "violent" waters... however, most of the people I know -- including myself -- have had at least one bad experience at the Revolcadero. The sea isn't very deep in a good part of this area, but the strong waves sometimes dig big holes in the sand and you can find places where your feet don't reach the ground anymore, even if you aren't far from the beach. Also, the waves can drag you with amazing strength towards the open sea and away from the beach, or at least make you tumble down, roll over and swallow some water before you come out to the surface again, LOL...

Fondest memory: It can be a pretty fun place, but you should be careful and especially watch out for kids, cause they never back off when they see these violent waves -- on the opposite!! They LOVE to feel the excitement of the danger that swimming in the open sea represents. I've always respected the strength of the sea but I realized in here that sometimes being careful isn't enough to avoid an incident that can turn into a tragedy... and many of my friends have gone through similar experiences (my best friend even helped to save a kid who was drowning)... the good thing is that we're here to speak about them, but some people might not be as lucky! So you'd better be very cautious when visiting this beach!

• Surfing
    • Water Sports

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo

Sunset in Acapulco

by Laura_Mexico Written Apr 29, 2005

Beautiful sunset from the pool

Favorite thing: Whenever you go to Acapulco it's all about sand, waves, blue skies, having a relaxing time while being in contact with nature.... and sunsets are something essential for me whenever I'm on a beach destination. Enjoy as many as you can!! At least where I live (Mexico City) we don't get to see these very often... or rather hardly EVER!

Fondest memory: This is a beautiful view I had of the sun setting while relaxing at my hotel's pool.....

• aventurera's Profile Photo

Beach "La Caletilla"

by aventurera Written Dec 30, 2004
    La Caletilla

Favorite thing: This beach, "la Caletilla"is situated in Old Acapulco. here you can find the Middle class Mexican tourists which implicates that you feel more in Mexico.
    Take a tour with a small boat "una lancha" and enjoy the typical Mexican atmosphere.
    The water is very quiet and ideal if you go with children.

• Sailing and Boating

• Beast's Profile Photo

This is an easy one...go to...

by Beast Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: This is an easy one...go to the beach! You can do anything that you would expect of a destination resort beach front except surfing (small waves)...water skiing, paragliding, snorkeling, fishing.

Fondest memory: Speaking the language can be very helpful as you can imagine. But it also can offer some significat advantages. I was taking a walk alone in the mid morning along the beach when I heard a whistle and call from some girls up the beach. As I looked up I noticed them motioning me toward them. I looked around to make sure I wasn't mistaken. As I approached I could hear them speaking Spanish and gigling. They asked where I was from and if I spoke spanish, I said no to see what I might learn. So while one girl spoke English to me the other 4 where talking about me in Spanish...I had a nice visit with these young ladies...but if they ever found out that I knew what they were saying they would have died.

Instant Answers: Acapulco

Comments

Other Favorites in Acapulco