Acapulco What to Pack

Most Recent What to Pack in Acapulco

• toddakiyama's Profile Photo

Wardrobe

by toddakiyama Updated Jul 23, 2007

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: *Anything pretty much goes in Acapulco or Mexican in general

*Everyone dresses in whatever is most comfortable and where they're from

*Of course if you plan on going to Palladium, you better dress in you club gear

• toddakiyama's Profile Photo

Montemzuas Revenge!

by toddakiyama Updated Jul 23, 2007

Montmzumas Revenge!!!...carry diarrhea pills

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: *It is often very warm in Acapulco

*But a very very infrequent amount of the times it could rain or sprinkle, so pack a windbreaker

*I tend to have both shoes(walking around town) and sandals for the beach

*The streets can be pretty filthy with trash, dirty water, dust, etc..

*I also wore Aqua Socks when I was jet skiing...so I didn't have to worry about my sandals falling off my feet

*Buy t-shirts in Acapulco - for those of you on longer stays, buy your t-shirts from the street vendors so you don't have to travel/carry a lot of extra clothes. They are cheap and you can throw them away before you board your plane out of town...I saw people doing this a lot while backpacking through Europe and Southest Asia...and who wants to do laundry while on vacation :)

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: *
    *I suggest you pack diarrhoea pills.
    *Especially if you're not use to the food in Mexico

*I pack it regardless on every trip, you never know when you'll need it

*I've seen people right in the middle of a tour or nowhere close to a restroom have issues

*Sunscreen...you'll need it

Photo Equipment: *Travel with your Digital camera

*Kodak picture developement areas are around town

*Its cool to develope the pics and see them together while still on the trip

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: *Sunglasses or buy the cheap ones while in Acapulco

Miscellaneous: *I pack some comfort snacks with me on every trip

*I never had any problems with customs coming in...although I usually don't suggest any information to the fact that I am bringing in food items

*Its been nice to have some of my favorite items on a trip

• vilip's Profile Photo

Packing list for Acapulco

by vilip Written Jul 17, 2005

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Bathing suits, of course!

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Anti-acids (Mexican food!) and sun-blocks.
    Also some hydratant cream, just in case you get sun burnt.
    In a very special case, if you really can't sleep because of the sun burns, you can buy Corn Flour (Maizena) and pass it in your sun burn. It may sound weird but when you are in this great suffering and can't sleep, this will bring you a great relief!

Miscellaneous: No need to take umbrellas or rain equipament: Acapulco has 300 sunny days a year!
    A small Spanish dictionary is always welcome.
    Bring your partner. The sunset in the beach is very romantic, if you are alone, you might feel depressed =( Well, maybe you can find a date there, so nevermind!

• buy it at WalMart

by solis Written May 9, 2003

Miscellaneous: You don't have to bring a lot to this city, just a credit card and-or ATM should do it. Along the Costera are many large department stores: WalMart is the best, but there are also Aurerra, Gigante, Comercial. They have everything you would need, at prices within 20% of what you would pay back in the U.S.

• Elena03's Profile Photo

Packing List

by Elena03 Written Aug 26, 2002

Luggage and bags: You need enough room for all your beach essentials!

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Ladies you definately need to two piece bikini!!! Everyone in Acapulco is out to show off what they got, so make sure you fit in with the rich and famous of Mexico vacationing in this touristy spot!

Photo Equipment: You will witness a lovely sunset so definately take a camera!

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: You may want to consider taking all your beach equipment to the beach...people who for some reason take ownership of certain spots charge you for the beach equipment.

• bellagio's Profile Photo

Packing List

by bellagio Written Aug 25, 2002

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Plenty of suntan lotion and afersun. A small pack of bandaid plasters is also very handy, in case you, like me, get knocked over by the force of the waves and get grazed by the gritty sand.

Miscellaneous: An electric kettle is very handy if you fancy a cup of tea or coffee as you get up in the morning. Voltage and sockets are 110 volts, exactly as in the USA.
    There is a large Walmart supermarket on the Costera Miguel Aleman, close to the Hyatt Regency. This is very handy for supplies, particularly if you are on room only. All the buses along the Costera run to Walmart (3.5 pesos is the fare) or you can walk or take a taxi.

• Packing List

by madigap Written Aug 24, 2002

Luggage and bags: We use multiple use bags, with hanging space, packing space, and many zippered pockets. We use the bags with built in wheels, thereby avoiding having to haul heavy luggage on our shoulders. I carry one small bag on board, with medications and toiletries, so that if anything happens to the clothing bag, we can at least have the necessary things.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: If you're fair-skinned, be sure and take and use sun-screen. Some kind of sandals or beach shoes to wear all the time, since you could step on anything on the streets, or even on the beach; Sunglasses, hats, tropical weight shirts and shorts. Bathing suits and pareos (wraps) for wear after leaving the water. (I bought one in Acapulco, and plan on using it at home, too.)

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Sunscreen, Anti-Diarhheal medication, any prescription medications, with a copy of the prescription from your doctor if you might need to get a refill while you're away. You can buy medications in Mexico, and they are mostly the same as we get at home in North America, some without a prescription in Mexico that are prescription-only in the USA.

Photo Equipment: Disposable cameras are everywhere. If you use special equipment, be sure and not let it out of your sight. (As anywhere)

Miscellaneous: Since I am described by Bill as a 'Computer Nut', I just had to try the Internet Cafe' at our hotel. I was able to log on to my local server, read and answer my email, and if I had wanted to, could have surfed the 'net very easily. The cost was pretty small. I stayed an hour, and it cost about $10.00 US. I highly recommend this for any other 'nuts' out there.

Instant Answers: Acapulco

Comments

Acapulco What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Acapulco what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Acapulco sightseeing.