Fun things to do in Acapulco

Fantastic beach!
    by Mikey64
  • Cliff Divers
    by bpwarne
  • Beaches
    by Gypsystravels

Most Viewed Things to Do in Acapulco

• toddakiyama's Profile Photo

Sunshine all the time in Acapulco

by toddakiyama Updated Jul 22, 2007

*More PICTURES to see below the main picture, CLICK TAB*

*Acapulco is a great place to go with friends

*You can lounge around all day, enjoy the rays and make your own fun too.

*Sometimes we never went into town or planned any specific activies, you can just hang out and get some good R&R

Lousy Domino players - Sam & D-Rich! Peanut, K-B and Tiffany enjoying rays everday! Doing what they do best, D-rich, Peanut, Zipper Hanging out and having fun in the sun! (K-B) Schooling by Peanut! (D-Rich, Zipper, Peanut)

• vilip's Profile Photo

Beach food

by vilip Written Jul 18, 2005

In the Mexican beaches, you may find people walking around selling fruits for you to eat.
    I can't assure you that they are completely clean, but my Mexican friends ate, so I thought it would be an interesting opportunity to try some new fruits.

The most impressive is that, besides trying some completely unknown fruits, you may also try them with PEPPER and/or with SALT!

I do recommend the "Jicama" (pron.: HEE-ka-ma) in slices with salt. It tastes a little like Melon and has lots of water, which is good for hydratation after some hours under the sun. If you do have the guts, try it with pepper ("chili")!!

Romance in the Air!

by toddakiyama Written Jul 23, 2007

*Acapulco is a very romantic place

*With the right attitude and activities planned, you and your special someone can make it an enjoyable experience.

*Remember that Acapulco still isn't like being back in the States or most of Western Europe.
    You are in Mexico, so you'll have to have an open mind to enjoy your Romantic Vacation.

*I've gone to Acapulco with buddies and also with someone special for a Romantic vacation.
    I just plan different activities and change my mindset.

*Most of all have FUN!

K-B & Tiff enjoying a nice meal and wine Tiff and K-B enjoying each others company!

Beach Volleyball

by toddakiyama Written Jul 23, 2007

*There are volleyball nets set-up on the beach.

*Either the locals have set them up and you can easily join in on the fun

*Or if the beachfront restaurant has set-up the nets, all you have to do is order your drinks and food from them to play volleyball

*We met some really great people while playing volleyball, although it isn't something I normally play. You'll meet both locals and other vacationers.

Beach Volleyball

• Enzyme_X's Profile Photo

Fuerte De San Diego

by Enzyme_X Updated Apr 19, 2005

This old fort, built in times when Acapulco was important trade port, nowdays hosts very interesting museum, Museo Historico De Acapulco.
    Exhibition is not very big but superbly presented. With little help of multimedia you can easily spend few hours walkin from room to room, evreyone dedicated to certain period of Acapulcos history. Boards with lots of useful informations guide you through the exhibition.

Besides the exhibition, the fort itself is worth a visit. From the top, there is a gret view over the Acapulco bay.

To make the visit perfect: I was there on sunday and the entrance was fee-free.

• Castles and Palaces

• vilip's Profile Photo

The Road to Acapulco!

by vilip Written Jul 17, 2005

The view! Keep your eyes wide open so you won't lose a thing! The paysages in Guerrero State (where Acapulco is located) are very beautiful, and just like how I imagined Mexico.

Be careful with the wind, if you plan to go by car. Since it crosses mountains and valleys all the time, the winds are very strong. I heard stories of cars being pulled by the wind, but I think it was a bit of exaggeration...

Bridge over a tiny river in Guerrero

• Acupulco City Tour

by alphakitty Written Aug 29, 2008

We arranged a private tour with a local tour operator, Rosie Diaz, prior to our arrival. dew_days@hotmail.com. She was waiting outside the terminal holding a sign with our names on it. We piled into a 12 passenger van and off we went. The driving is pretty wild here…I wouldn’t recommend anyone try going on their own. Rosie took us to many highlights of Aca, including the Hollywood Gang hotel where Johnny Weismuller (Tarzan) and John Wayne, etc. used to hang out. It was a beautiful hotel high up on one of the many hills in Acapulco. We also visited the mural done by Diego Rivera and and La Paz Chapel...the views were beautiful. She was very knowledgeable about the history and culture of her home town. After a long afternoon with Rosie (1:30 – 6:30), she dropped us back at the ship to have dinner and freshen up. She picked us up again about an hour later and took us to see the cliff divers. This is an amazing, not to miss show! It was truly breathtaking watching those men dive from those ragged cliffs into the water from such heights.

Rosie was a lovely woman, easy to deal with, answered all our emails promptly and was willing to customize the tour to our tastes. Her prices were great and I think we got more than we paid for. I would recommend her to anyone visiting Acapulco.

• bellagio's Profile Photo

Here is a list, with prices as...

by bellagio Written Aug 25, 2002

Here is a list, with prices as March 2001, of some the trips available, through the local British tour operator.

ACAPULCO HIGHLIGHTS - $24 - Bus trip visiting the sights of Acapulco and the old city, seeing the homes of the rich and famous, the cliff divers at La Quebrada and the Indian market.

LET'S GO NATIVE - $53 - Cruise on calm waters to the Coyuca Lagoon, have lunch, lay back in a hammock on an unspoiled beach at pie de la cuesta, plus open bar.

SHOTOVER JET - $55 - Described as the thrill of your life. Includes transport and return. The Shotover Jet is a jet boat ride, probably the fastest speedboat in the world and can travel in only 3 inches of water. Makes 360 degree turns - based on the original ride on the Shotover river at Queenstown, New Zealand.

DOLPHIN DISCOVERY - $92 - Stroke, play and swim with the dolphins, includes video and photograph.

COCO LOCO TROPICAL CRUISE - $57 - sail around Acapulco Bay on the world's largest sailing Catamaran, swim or snorkel at Roqueta Island, lunch and open bar included.

TAXCO - $69 - Visit this 17th century town, considered to be the original Mexico City. Cobbled streets and full of silver shop.

DINE & DIVE - $66 - Watch the famous cliff divers from the best seat in the house, includes welcome drink and set menu dinner.

DRINK & DIVE - $35 - Enjoy an exclusive view from la Perla restaurant, price includes 2 drinks and 2 shows.

• do it all, see it all. Do NOT...

by barbaraq Written Aug 25, 2002

do it all, see it all. Do NOT sleep or you'll miss something!
    The place is open 24 hours and you can't miss a thing. There is little time for lying on the beach but definitely the time to sleep is during the day.

• chizz's Profile Photo

Acapulco

by chizz Written Jan 19, 2009

I have been to Acapulco many times during my time living and working in Mexico City and have always had a great time! There are nice beaches for sunbathing during the day and lots of clubs and bars for partying at night. Here are some photos from my trips long ago......

Cliff diver - Acapulco Posing with a sword fish - Acapulco

• WBeall's Profile Photo

CiCi Acapulco Magico Water Park

by WBeall Written Sep 13, 2013

The one thing I wanted to do most on this cruise was swim with Dolphins. CiCi Acapulco Magico Water Park actually helped make that happen. BUT... If I had the chance to go back into time, I would have saved my money. We ended up having to buy tickets to get into the water park as well as separate tickets to swim with the dolphins.

The Water Park was near empty the day we were there and we were able to ride the slides over and over again with no lines. In America, that is extremely rare. I am not sure if we were just lucky that day or if the water park is like that all the time. The park was clean and we did have a good time but it just is not something I would do again if we ever revisit Acapulco.

• Cruise
    • Theme Park Trips

• rafgys's Profile Photo

Puerto Marquez

by rafgys Written May 8, 2007

Puerto Marquez is the bay south of Acapulco’s bay… when you are driving to the airport (for example) and you take the ‘escénica’… you first get to see the whole bay of Acapulco, and after a few loops… you’ll see a smaller one. Well, that’s Puerto Marquez.

If you go in the slow season, the beach is going to be deserted and you’ll love it. But if you go during the high season… you’ll find it full of ‘chilangos’, and it sucks.

The area itself is a big slum… don’t go there at night, that’s where everybody goes to get dope. But if you want to visit a different beach, give it a chance… it’s calm, more clear than Acapulco… I love it, although it has to be quite empty in order to enjoy it.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Adventure Travel
    • Water Sports

• Renting a car

by morelli Written Jul 3, 2006

If you rent a car, be careful when returning the car. When my husband and i returned the car they had to do an inspection to make sure nothing happened to the car. We drove the car back to the airport with no problems. The employee came back and said he had to charge for a tire cause there was a hole in it. The car was fine. The man just let out the the air of the tire. He also tried telling us we had a ticket on the car which we recieved none. Needless to say we had to go through our credit card to get our money back for all of the charges but it was a hassel. So my suggestion when they do the inspection of the car make sure you are watching them do it. So they cannot make any false claims.

• Things to do

by Kes.Scott Written Apr 21, 2004

Swimming with dolphins - everybody thinks its a life changing experience, hmm - not sure about that but it was an excellent way to spend an afternoon. One tip, keep your mouth shut when your in the pool as you'll swallow but of chewed fish.

Deep sea fishing - DO THIS. I caught 3 bonitas and my girlfirend cought a 12 foot sailfish which looked magnificeint until 2 little mexican kids dragged it on the boat and smacked cr4p out of it.

• Theme Park Trips
    • Zoo
    • Aquarium

• seagoingJLW's Profile Photo

Historical Museum of Acapulco

by seagoingJLW Written Dec 24, 2003

Located inside El Fuerte de San Diego, this museum has 12 exhibition halls filled with unique relics, including artifacts trraded with Asia and from Asia. There is also an auditorium, a bookstore and a coffee shop.

Open daily, the museum is free on Sunday.

December 2003

Las Brisas Acapulco
Las Torres Gemelas Suites And Beach Resort
Latest: Jun 5, 2014

Instant Answers: Acapulco

Comments

Acapulco Things to Do

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Acapulco locals.
Map of Acapulco