Ixtapa Sports & Outdoors

• toontown's Profile Photo

Snorkelling at Ixtapa Island

by toontown Updated Jan 30, 2011

Beach at Ixtapa Island

One day we took a bus down to the marina north of the Ixtapa hotel zone and then a quick ferry (just a small boat) over the Ixtapa Island. There was a small cove on the west side of the island, where the water was warm, the beer cold and some decent snorkeling. It was nice and deep, getting cut on coral was not really a concern, but lots of interesting trenches and marine life to look at below.

Equipment: There were several beach cafes all vying for our business, for both drinks and fin and snorkel rental.

• Beaches
    • Water Sports
    • Diving and Snorkeling

• toontown's Profile Photo

Parasailing in paradise

by toontown Updated Feb 23, 2004

Departure

This was the first time I had tried parasailing and I was a little nervous since I'm not great with heights. After watching other people do it a few times I thought I would give it a shot... and I'm so glad I did! It was breezy on the coast so I got great altitude. The boat went down the lenghth of the hotel zone and back - only about 15 minutes in all - and back again. I got instructions about how to pull the rope at the sound of the whistle below in order to land at the correct spot in the sand. It was surprisingly easy and right on target. These guys know exactly what they're doing. It was unbelievably relaxing up there - and what a view! After a bit of haggling it cost us $35 US (they asked for $50) for the two of us to get a trip each.

• Sailing and Boating
    • Water Sports
    • Beaches

Instant Answers: Ixtapa

Comments

Ixtapa Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Ixtapa sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ixtapa sightseeing.