Taxco de Alarcón Restaurants

Salad at El Adobe

Most Recent Restaurants in Taxco de Alarcón

Pizzas Estrelar: Cheap, Cheap Pizza

Mini Pizza at Pizza Estrelar

Look at that pizza! It looks like a frozen McCain Mini Pizza designed for kids to put in their microwaves as an after-school snack. However, that is what Pizzas Estrelar serves up, and for some reason their business is booming. One possible reason is that they offer "mini" pizzas- teeny-tiny pizzas (as seen in my photo) that cost about a dollar and make a nice, quick meal. I passed by the restaurant a few times during the day and noticed it was always busy, so I returned in the evening and grabbed a mini pizza myself (I wasn't hungry but I needed some food to go with my malaria medication!). It took about ten minutes for my mini pizza to reach my table, and it tasted just as it appears. Not great pizza, but worth a dollar! I wouldn't tell anyone to avoid this place, but it's definitely not a top spot for dining in Taxco.

Their location at Juarez #43 does free home delivery and they may be able to deliver to a hotel as well.

Cafe Sotavento: Great Cafe-Style Food

View from the Sotavento Balcony Seats

Cafe Sotavento is located just a few steps from the Zocalo, on the second floor of a historic building. Inside this small restaurant tables and comfortable chairs are filled with families and local students, with the luckiest getting to sit beside a window for views of the street below. This restaurant felt like a family affair to me, as I was greeted by an elderly woman dining at a table with a young boy, and served by a middle-aged woman who seemed to know the other two quite well.

The menu features cafe-style favorites, including dishes with meat and a few without. There were several different crepes on the menu, so I chose to order one of my favorites: flor de calabeza (squash blossom). While I waited I sipped on one of their mixed juice drinks, which came in a huge glass and tasted fresh and flavourful. My crepe arrived stuffed full of zucchini flowers and cheese, in a warm tomato sauce that was topped with further cheese. The dish was rich, but the moderate portion size kept me from feeling too stuffed. When I was eating a delivery person came with a basket of fresh produce for the kitchen, and the beautiful colors in that basket made me want to eat all of the vegetables raw, right there and then! It's clear this restaurant is using very high-quality ingredients.

Sotavento also looked like it would have been a great stop for breakfast, and the varied menu would make it a good spot for families or groups.

• Singles

• Jetgirly's Profile Photo

Cafe Punta del Cielo: The Mexican Starbucks?

Cafe Mocha at Punta del Cielo

You will find Cafe Punta del Cielo branches all over Mexico, from Sonora to Chiapas. The location in Taxco is right on the zocalo. Inside you'll find comfortable seats, wireless internet, a wide assortment of coffee-based beverages and a few sweet treats too. Don't miss their mochas and hot chocolates, made with dark Oaxacan chocolate, and give some of the herbal tea blends a try too. I believe wireless internet is available in the cafe if you've got a laptop and you need an email fix!

El Adobe: Rich Mexican Cuisine

Queso El Adobe

If you've already seen my big, green plate of fried cheese, and you're not yet on a plane to Taxco (and El Adobe)... what is wrong with you?

Located in the historic heart of Taxco, El Adobe is a popular restaurant for locals and visitors alike. The warm, cozy decor makes it a nice place to celebrate a special event or share a romantic dinner, but there are enough nooks and crannies that a large, loud party could dine without disrupting others. The menu features lots of different traditional Mexican dishes, including many with meat and some without. I couldn't resist the appeal of their "house special", which was cheese fried in salsa verde, topped with onions and fresh herbs. Yes, it was as good as it sounds (though probably best shared between two people!) I tried to balance it out with a salad, which was fresh and light, though the staff at El Adobe further derailed by diet by serving me a basket of complimentary tortilla chips with creamy, cheesy salsa. Creamy cheesy salsa! You heard me!

• Luxury Travel

• El Atrio Santa Prisca: Great food, great view, wonderful people

by pathsofsilver Written Apr 21, 2010

The location of this restaurant is incredible. Originally an old, OLD home in Taxco the family has remodeled and decorated the restaurant to welcome and give great service. There are a few balcony seats that can view the zocolo, but the interior of this restaurant is gorgeous. The drinks are great, the soups and main dishes are delicious

I think they have the absolute best guacamole in town. Also, if you just want a terrific refreshin non-alcoholic drink, ask for lime juice, water, and the sweetner of your choice. You get to make it as strong and special as you wish.

Favorite Dish: This restaurant understands how to adjust to your needs and desires. Just ask and they will do anything! We couldn't believe that they could leave out onions because one of us is allergic to them.

• Photography

• nickmaylor's Profile Photo

El Meson de las Ranas: Great restaurant - where the locals go

by nickmaylor Written Mar 30, 2008

This restaurant is on the Av de los Plateros, the main road which runs into and through Taxco - the restaurant is situated towards the northern end. It is a smart and clean little restaurant, which obviously caters for the locals - nothing touristy here. The decor is complemented by many photographs of Taxco in the Old Days - around the 1920s.

We arrived for a late lunch, and our host, who was friendly and attentive, ushered us to the one outside table - on a tiny balcony overlooking a large expanse of Taxco.

Our meals were delicious and very reasonably priced - around the $5-$6 mark, and a bottle of Corona was $1.50!! It doesn't get better than that!

Definitely worth a visit for those who like to eat as the locals do.

Favorite Dish: Unfortunately I can no longer remember the specific dishes that we had, except that they were delicious- flavourful and the serving sizes just right. Sadly we only discovered the restaurant at the end of our stay in Taxco, otherwise we would have made this a regular stop.

• Architecture

• Bar Paco: Meal with a view

by NortecDF Written Feb 15, 2004

The most remarkable thing about this restaurant is it's location. In the Zocalo of Taxco, right in front of Santa Prisca Church, it's the best place to eat, especially when there's some festivals or celebration like Holly Week, Feria de la Plata or Jornadas Alarconianas. You can just sit on it's balcony and watch everything while you have a drink and a nice meal.

Instant Answers: Taxco de Alarcón

Comments

Taxco de Alarcón Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Taxco de Alarcón restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Taxco de Alarcón sightseeing.

View all Taxco de Alarcón hotels