Cultural, Puerto Vallarta

Know about this? Rate It!

Jackos
  • jamiesno's Profile Photo

The People!

by jamiesno Written Oct 24, 2004

Newlyweds ?

Favorite thing: I have always said since I returned from Puerto Vallarta and Mexico in general that the people made my trip! They always seemed happy and friendly. Maybe just eager to take my pesos, but I don't think so!

On a seperate Mexico page I dedicate five travelogues to these people. Please rate this tip and leave your comments! I love them all.

Here are my five travelogues dedicated to people I met in Mexico!

1. The Mexico People

• jamiesno's Profile Photo

Jackos?

by jamiesno Written Nov 1, 2004

Jackos

Favorite thing: I noticed through my visit to Peurto Vallarta in a variety of buildings in a variety of places you would see these Jackos on the walls everywhere.

As far as I know they are harmless and are not going to attack you. It's hilarous though watching the ladies fret and panic at the sight of them. I don't know what more to say about that then just relax and ignore them.

If one is on your pillow maybe just brush it off or something, ehhehe :-)

• mjd74's Profile Photo

Wanna live in Vallarta???

by mjd74 Updated Sep 14, 2006

Chris teaching his students

Favorite thing: Has the thought of living in PV or any other part of the world ever cross your mind? It did mine but the second question that I had to ask myself... how can I make it happen.

I then met an amazing friend named Chris Zang. He has a school that certifies people to teach English in foreign countries all over the world.

This guy has done more for the poor and handicapped of PV than anyone that I had ever come across in my 2.5 yrs living there.

I would never post this unless I had 100% confidence in him and his program (which actually teaches the local kids English free of charge).

Fondest memory: go to

• ZanieOR's Profile Photo

Serenade

by ZanieOR Updated Apr 10, 2004

Dinner serenade

Favorite thing: The relaxing atmosphere combined with the Mexican setting was great.
    A dinner seranade at the resort set a romantic mood for my friends (except I was dining with them, too!). The musicians were a lot of fun and seemed to be enjoying themselves too.

• Spa and Resort

• mjd74's Profile Photo

Get to know the Local Culture

by mjd74 Written Aug 25, 2003

Nay-gwa-ah is how you say friend in Cordoba

Favorite thing: The Huichol Indians are a tribe of people that comes from a city burried in the Sierra Madre mountain chains. They sell a lot of their beaded products in some of the stores that you will find in Purto Vallarta.

• RoyJava's Profile Photo

And I Declare ...

by RoyJava Written Jul 30, 2005

opening-puertovallarta-mexico

Favorite thing: It is a privilige to bring your just sold painting to the one who bought it. It is a privilige to present the painting to public at a festal event. When this all happens in Mexico it is just miraculous ...

Fondest memory: An unique festal event, full of atmosphere, I joined at Puerto Vallarta as special guest of honor. Because it was my painting that adorned this small festivity. With the official words of "And I declare ..." I did it! What an experience!

• Festivals

• RoyJava's Profile Photo

LADY VIOLA

by RoyJava Updated Jul 30, 2005

with-friend-viola-puerto-vallarta-mexico

Favorite thing: Travelling to Mexico is like coming home for Dutch guys born in Indonesia. Exploring beach resort of Puerto Vallarta and, its beautiful Banderas bay are more than a pleasure, however I regret I missed the Whale watch. When to choose between ocean and jungle I cannot make up my mind, raised in Papua New Guinea with both ... thought the ocean views always win my attention!

Fondest memory: But ... exploring Puerto Vallarta with a famous Dutch Lady was an utmost stunning experience, funny, crazy, wicked, marvelous, phantastic, and party time!
    Thanks Lady Viola!

• Business Travel
    • Luxury Travel

• Carmanah's Profile Photo

Carmanah's General Tip

by Carmanah Updated Aug 24, 2002

Fondest memory: Painting terra cotta animals with my sister. I still have my Puerto Vallartan terra cotta parrot somewhere in my room!
    Photo: My sister (tanned), and me (the goofy-eyed pastey-white girl) painting our animals.

• lar-n-me's Profile Photo

Downtown PV is a ton-o'fun and...

by lar-n-me Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: Downtown PV is a ton-o'fun and beautiful. Our video footage seeemed as if we added the 'Salsa' music in the background, but it was actually the music being played and heard throughout all of downtown Puerto Vallarta. It was great! (notice at the bottom the Domino's delivery guy on the motorcycle).

• garyrbeck's Profile Photo

Playa Los Muertos

by garyrbeck Written Dec 21, 2007
    Molino under construction 2007

Favorite thing: Head south of Rio Cuale into the area called SouthSide or by tourist name Zona Romantica or OldTown. There are fine spots for a meal or a snack, parasailing, boat riding, fishing, sunning, shopping, gawking!

Fondest memory: On my first visit 30 years ago as my feet hit the hot tarmac I knew I belonged here. I have returned many times and now have my own small condo in SouthSide for my use and rental during high season Nov.-April. First stayed at Molino de Agua which has now been torn down.

• Pat&ZoAnn's Profile Photo

Puerto Vallarta in a nutshell

by Pat&ZoAnn Updated May 9, 2003

Favorite thing: I like this photo, I took it out the window of our hotel.
    The top 1/3, the hills that surround Viejo Vallarta
    The middle 1/3, some of the luxury residences, maybe some time shares
    The bottom 1/3, roof tops, with some humble dwellings of the locals, laundry hanging to dry

• richmalak's Profile Photo

Mexican Fiestas

by richmalak Written Jul 13, 2003

Favorite thing: Of the 3 major fiestas (Krystal, La Iguana, Sheraton) have attended 2...Krystal and La Iguana. It's one of those things that you do not regret doing but would likely not do again for a long while unless you were entertaining first timers. Went to Krystal in 1996 and it was fun as it was my first time in Mexico. Went to La Iguana with group of friends in 2003 and had a very good time...good entertainment and food...very expensive but worth it once. Not a must do but not a bad thing for first or second timers.

• ZanieOR's Profile Photo

Fiesta!!

by ZanieOR Written Apr 9, 2004

Fiesta time at Paradise Village.

Favorite thing: Enjoying our hotel fiesta with friends.
    If you get a chance to go to a Mexican fiesta, even a resort hotel, take advantage of it!

Fondest memory: Miss the good company, the good food and the warm-water beach.

• Festivals

• Carmanah's Profile Photo

Public art galleries

by Carmanah Updated Feb 25, 2003

An art display in downtown Puerto Vallarta

Favorite thing: Keep an eye out for public art displays on the streets. Also be on the lookout for the historical Mexican architecture. A good example is the gorgeous Catholic church you see in the background.

Instant Answers: Puerto Vallarta

Comments

View all Puerto Vallarta hotels