Flores Magon (Orphanage), Puerto Vallarta

Know about this? Rate It!

• Flores Magon (Orphanage)
    by mjd74
  • mjd74's Profile Photo

Make a child happy

by mjd74 Written Jul 16, 2003

There is an orphanage that is completely run on donations located 5 minutes outside Vallarta.

This is a feel good must for the people out there who truly enjoy making a difference in other peoples lives.

The children who live there for all intensive purposes have been abandond by their parents and left to fend for themselves.

Before I went there I was under the misconception that I would be engaging with troubled kids, to my delight my notions were wrong.

The orphanage is filled to the brim with happy children that are over flowing with life and joy.

I used to go there every Sunday and help the nuns who run the place out (cleaning up, helping the kids with home work etc...), after 1 visit I felt that it was my obligation to return and do what ever it was I could.

You may ask yourself, what it is that this place might need in order for you to help, the answer to this question is very easy.

The children there do not need more toys, cloths or even food. The only thing that they need is a warm heart and someone new to play with. I am serious, for those who might not have as much money as the next guy, your contrabution of time is just as valuble to them as someone who is well off.

It has 30 children (ages 4-15) and 12 babies.

Colonia:Flores Magon
    Calle: Benito Juarez (Remance)
    C.P. 48389
    Puerto Vallarta

• Singles

Instant Answers: Puerto Vallarta

Comments

Other Off The Beaten Path in Puerto Vallarta

View all Puerto Vallarta hotels