Health/Safety, Puerto Vallarta

by Carmanah
  • nurselara's Profile Photo

The necessities!!

by nurselara Written Feb 11, 2006

Luggage and bags: Make sure your luggage is washable, we had to totally disinfect ours from all the sand fleas and mini spiders.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Take extra fast drying clothes, the humidity hinders the drying process.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: IMODIUM, GRAVOL, PEPTO BISMOL, MOSQUITO REPELENT, CALAMINE LOTION, AND SUN BLOCK LOTION.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Take your own towel. You can get a towel from the resort with a towel key, but beware, if you misplace your towel or if someone picks it up by mistake, you got to pay $40.00 US.

• SenoritaElla's Profile Photo

SUNSCREEN!!!

by SenoritaElla Updated Mar 23, 2004

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: DONT LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT!!! Im a 19 y/o and though ok SPF 15 will be a little too much but i want to come home with a tan right... WRONG you will fry , I recommend SPF 30 for people looking for a tan, SPF 30+++ for people not and for children!! Don't think twice because I learned my lesson and dont think this wont happen to you ,cuz it will (look at the picture...thats what happens) I cannot stress this enough!!

Photo Equipment: bring lots of film!

• Carmanah's Profile Photo

Packing List

by Carmanah Written Aug 24, 2002

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Bring sunscreen! Puerto Vallarta shares the same latitude as Cuba - the sun is definitely more intense and my skin wasn't used to it. SPF 30 sunscreen should be the minimum if you have fair skin like myself. If you plan to swim, make sure your sunscreen is waterproof and apply it frequently.
    Photo: My sister and me at our hotel's swimming pool.

Instant Answers: Puerto Vallarta

Comments

Other What to Pack in Puerto Vallarta

View all Puerto Vallarta hotels