What to pack for Puerto Vallarta

• I think the best sunset in the world!!!!!
    I think the best sunset in the...
    by jamiesno

Most Viewed What to Pack in Puerto Vallarta

• donforse's Profile Photo

Pack light

by donforse Written Jul 11, 2006

Luggage and bags: Bring a backpack! Puerto Vallarta has lots of outdoor activities and you will need sunblock, insect repellent, cameras, towels, etc. Much easier if you have a small backback or handbag.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Sandals for the beach, also comfortable shoes for activities that involve walking/hiking.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Insect repellent is a must. Also lots of sunblock and aloe.

Miscellaneous: If you go in the summer, like we did, don't pack anything with sleeves or any long pants. Most of the time will be spent wearing only shorts or a bathing suit due to the opressive heat.

• Rachelle88's Profile Photo

Do not forget the following...

by Rachelle88 Written Sep 28, 2004

Luggage and bags: If you are going to the Royal Decameron you are likely only going for a week or two so you can get away with packing light. I like to bring one medium sized suitcase with me and my carry-on. My mom on the other hand is not as high maintenance as me and brings a small suitcase and carry-on bag.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: When I was in Mexico I lived in my bathing suit, and flip flops. I also like to bring a few skirts for the disco at night, some shorts, lots of tank tops, wrap around skirts, a pair of pants, and a hoody incase it gets cold at night. If you plan on doing any activities I suggest you bring a pair of tennis shoes and some socks.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: At the Royal Decameron they do not provide you with shampoo or conditioner so remember to pack your own. Also if you prefer body wash to a little piece of soap, don't forget that as well. If you're a couple of girls staying for two weeks I suggest you bring two bottles of shampoo, one conditioner, two shaving creams, one body wash. The Decameron does have hair dryers at the front desk, but I found it easier just to bring my own.

Photo Equipment: When I went to the Royal Decameron with my friend Lorene we decided to bring my digital camera but also a bunch or disposable cameras. The disposables are good because you don't have to worry about losing them. If one gets lost it's no big deal. You can also carry it with you wherever you go...places like around the pool, at the disco (if you've been drinking this is a good idea, you don't want to "misplace" a good camera).

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Both times I have been to Mexico I have brought my own snorkeling gear. It's just nice to have your own stuff. I would do this anywhere I went...

Miscellaneous: Wherever I go I like to bring an extra towel with me. This can come in handy if you need to go on an excursion such as snorkeling. A lot of people also like to complain that the towel stand at the hotel closes too early....bring your own towel and this won't be an issue.

• ZanieOR's Profile Photo

Don't know how to pack light!

by ZanieOR Written Apr 9, 2004

Luggage and bags: I took a huge duffle bag, while my friends all took a small bag. They were the smart ones: whenever someone needed a bandaid, extra batteries, sun lotion etc, etc I was the one that had it.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Swimming suit, beach shoes, shorts, light weight pants. It was windy one day, but still warm When we arrived in October a rainy s

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Definitely sun screen and bandaids. My friend sunburned his white farmers' feet the first day, and I can't remember who needed the bandaids.

Photo Equipment: For sure a camera and film or digital memory card. I have mislaid some of my photos, but I am sure they will resurface.

• Beaches

Marival Residences & World Spa Puerto Vallarta
Latest: Apr 8, 2014
Fiesta Americana - Puerto Vallarta

Instant Answers: Puerto Vallarta

Comments

Puerto Vallarta What to Pack

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Puerto Vallarta locals.
Map of Puerto Vallarta