All Inclusives, Puerto Vallarta

Shrimp
    Ocean shot

The Oceana: Oceana was the best treat

by Mindy_J Updated Apr 4, 2011

Right on the beach & completely increadible. The main dish is formed into a boat in some way & is out of this world!

Favorite Dish: Oddly enough, the clam chowder was awesome for the appetiezer & the es' cargo was unbelievable. The lobster was great, but a little salty (i'm just not a salt person).

Ocean shot about my 15th glass of champaign in 4 days steak & shrimp Shrimp Lobster
    • Spa and Resort
    • Water Sports

Portofino: Italian with little complaint

by Mindy_J Updated Apr 4, 2011

Everyone raved at how wonderful Portofino was... We loved the food,but we actually waited between 20-30 minutes between each course.. which were 4 courses. It took us a little shy of 2 hours to be served & get out. NOT a good choice if you're hungry. Others said they did not encounter this problem however.

Favorite Dish: I had a mushroom dish, can't remember the name, but delicious

Portonfino view main dish desert
    • Spa and Resort
    • Jungle and Rain Forest

• nurselara's Profile Photo

All Inclusives, Las Palmas: Eat out if you can afford it !!!

by nurselara Written Feb 11, 2006

We got sucked into standing in the long line up for the special of the day, which was supposed to be cooked infront of you and not Buffet. The food was tasteless!
    Avoid buffets were food is left uncovered for hours, especially when it is an outdoor buffet like the one at the Las Palmas.
    I am sure the hundreds of flies are enough to turn you away.

• Rachelle88's Profile Photo

Royal Decameron Buffet and Restaurants

by Rachelle88 Updated Jan 10, 2006

At the Decameron you have the choice of either eating at one of their theme restaurants or at one of the two buffets. I have been to all of the above and I must say I like them all. I actually really enjoy the buffet, you get something different every night. We stayed here for two weeks and ate at the buffet often, but never had the same food except on Mexican night. I suggest that you skip the restaurant this night and go to the buffet. You can savour some local foods and desserts. Our fav waiter for the buffet was Andrew. We became close friends with him and he would save us a table every night. We ate at the same time so he knew when we were coming in. He would have our drinks ready for us at our table. One night our table was taken so he had saved a table meant for ten people for us. We looked silly just the two of us at one big table. Now as for the specialty restaurants, you have italian, thai, japanese, and steak house. I've tried all of the above and the Italian is my favorite. Depending on when you travel you may have to get up early to make reservations. When I went in November we had no problem reserving, but when I went for Easter it was much harder. Overall if you can't make a reservation the buffet is not that bad. Oh, and the breakfast at the resort is very good as well.

Me at the tropical buffet Us at the Flamingos buffet As you can tell...GREAT food! Lorene eating dinner

• All Inclusive - Playa Los Arcos: Worth Considering

by FairOaks Written Dec 18, 2004

The all inclusive option at Play Los Arcos includes buffet breakfast, lunch, dinner, and standard domestic drinks (beer, margaritas, etc.)

Favorite Dish: Very convenient for breakfast, lunch, and beach snacks. We often went out to find dinner at more interesting restaurants in the evening.

We definitely got our money's worth even skipping dinner.

• jamiesno's Profile Photo

Royal Decameron Complex: What a selection!!!!

by jamiesno Written Dec 1, 2002

The Royal Decameron has three different buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner and a snack bar as well for lunch and at midnight!

It also has 4 fine dining places with reservations, one was Thai, Japanese, Steakhouse and Italian!!

Favorite Dish: I loved everything I tasted, it was amazing!!! Some stuff was hot and spicey but I loved it.

The Fettacini Alfredo was great, steak house as great, the Sushi was fun to try as well but I think I over done it with the Tequilla that night, great waiter!

I also loved the breakfast buffets, great meats with breakfast and fried Bananas were interesting!!!

Fried Bananas??

• Mindy_J's Profile Photo

El Patio at Dreams Resort: Increadible Mexican Food!

by Mindy_J Written Oct 3, 2006

We had such a blast from the upside down tequilla shots, flaming drinks, to having a sombrero thrown on your head.

Favorite Dish: fajitas.. They were great..

Just sitting down taking the tequilla shot letting it burn upside down My husb. Jason & Jesus the BEST waiter in Dreams

Instant Answers: Puerto Vallarta

Comments

View all Puerto Vallarta hotels