BLUE SHRIMP, Puerto Vallarta

by ScubaCat
  • BLUE SHRIMP
    by Skye_Miles
  • oceaneyyes's Profile Photo

BLUE SHRIMP: This was our favorite!

by oceaneyyes Updated Apr 4, 2011

The food was delicious, the service was excellent, the ambience was very nice.

After dinner we went upstairs to their martini bar. They were fantastic! There was also some live jazz, which was some of the best we've heard.

All in all, it was our favorite night out!

Favorite Dish: I had the pesto shrimp, my husband had the shrimp fajitas. Both were superb!

• Luxury Travel

• The Blue Shrimp: Can't wait to get back

by LeslieBakr Written Mar 12, 2012

An Interior Designer, by profession I critique my restauraunt surroundings more than most. We were seated very close to the open windows literally on the beach. The owner personally greeted us and sent complimentary pina coladas to our table. As I gazed into the beautiful restaurant I realized what a special place this was. Unexpectedly an entertainer started to set up his evening entertainment. That's when I realized we should have come a little later. This vocalist could sound like any famous singer you could name. He was wonderful and made us wish we could linger longer.
    Adding to my senses was the presentation of my steaming volcano of huge shrimp, vertically skewered and beautifutlly presented. My meal was as fine as any I have been served from San Francisco to Hawaii.
    As we were leaving the party started streaming in the front door. The night was young and this was obviously the place to enjoy a night in Puerto Vallarta.

Favorite Dish: I honestly don't remember the actual name of this dish I enjoyed so much, but I can tell you it was skewered shrimp served with a decadent sauce. My sister in law ordered a different shrimp dish and raved over hers, as well.
    I read the critiques from others who say the food was ok and wonder what on earth they expect to give a rave review. I can only surmise they are clueless in their limited dining experiences in life.
    This food is terrific.

• Gay and Lesbian

• ScubaCat's Profile Photo

BLUE SHRIMP: Aye Maty! Hand me that Shrimp

by ScubaCat Updated Apr 4, 2011

Front of the Restaurant

If you like shrimp, then this is the restaurant for you. The menu is full of shrimp prepared in a variety of ways, I would say 12 to 15, maybe more. But never fear, if shrimp is not to your liking then there is lobster, steak and other varieties of fish like Maui Maui, etc. The Blue Shrimp also has a selection of drinks and advertises their Blue Margarieta's. I have to say it is an interesting drink! But also very good. The ambiance of the restaurant is new england wharf in the front with candles on the tables in a dimly lit room or if you chose, you could sit out in their back patio area where it was much lighter and had a lighthouse theme. I wished I had brought my camera with me to the bathroom. Yes, I know it sounds funny, but when I first opened the door to the bathroom it was like walking into a tunnel in an aquarium. All blue with fish painted all around. When you entered the main bathroom area, it became even more spectacular with sharks, reefs and actual shipwrecks. All in all it was a fun restaurant to dine at and the food was good, not to mention the blue margarita!

Favorite Dish: I had the Coconut Shrimp and they were HUGE. Much bigger than the jumbo shrimp you normally receive. In fact I only ate 3 out of the 6 I received and of those 3 they were absolutely delicious. I remember thinking I wished I hadn't had that Blue Margarita so that I could finish all my shrimp. My husband had the Tequila Shrimp which I had a bite of and it didn't taste at all like it sounds, in fact it was just as good as the Cocunut Shrimp. I would highly recommend both dishes to anyone who likes shrimp or who likes fish in general!

• Beaches

• kgiesting's Profile Photo

The Blue Shrimp: Value Not There

by kgiesting Updated Mar 28, 2008

We have been going to Puerto Vallarta and this restaurant for over 5 years. This year we were most disappointed. The quality of the shrimp was poor and the presentation and preparation far below past experience and thus expectations. They even changed to a lesser quality brand of tequila for their blue margaritas. This was the most expensive dinner of our trip and the least enjoyable in terms of food. We will not be back.

• Luxury Travel

• Skye_Miles's Profile Photo

THE BLUE SHRIMP

by Skye_Miles Written Sep 5, 2002

The Blue Shrimp If you are a shrimp lover, then by all means this is a must! They also have great lobster (not from here....the lobster here is not that great!). Order by the 1-4, 1-2 or 1 kilo in a huge variety of flavors. My favorite, the coconut shrimp. If you are not a shrimp lover (too bad!)....they have excellent beef. Be sure and ask for Martin, the owner. Located on Morelos Street, about 2 blocks north of the back door of the Hard Rock Cafe. 22 24246

• donforse's Profile Photo

BLUE SHRIMP: Very adequate

by donforse Written Jul 11, 2006

Very nice atmosphere for a casual, relaxing meal. It's a bit pricey, but there is a huge variety of seafood dishes (especially shrimp). I had a tuna steak that was excellent, and everyone else seemed to enjoy their food (shrimp, spiny lobster, stone crab, etc.). Not a five-star reastaurant, but quite adequate. Also, the best Pina Coloda I have ever had in my life!!!

Favorite Dish: Pina Coloda

Instant Answers: Puerto Vallarta

Comments

Hotels Near BLUE SHRIMP
3.5 out of 5 stars