Cafe De Olla, Puerto Vallarta

3.5 out of 5 stars 5 Reviews

Badillo 168

Our waiter! Super cool guy!
    by gyrl240
    Mexican combo, nachos, fajitas, mmm
    by Srechko
  • gyrl240's Profile Photo

Cafe De Olla: Casual dining,great service, delicious &authentic

by gyrl240 Updated Mar 30, 2012

Our waiter! Super cool guy!

Very casual dining with a comfortable ambience and great service. I loved the food so much that I went there 3 times during my stay in Vallarta. Located in the Zona Romantica. Very yummy and authentic refried beans.

I love all the Mexican art in this place. Really beautiful. If you visit this place take the time to look around and take in all the culture.

The food was really inexpensive. For breakfast my husband and I ordered two large glasses of juice, 2 meals and a large bowl of oatmeal. It came to around $15US!

Our waiter, (wish I could remember his name), was very attentive and super friendly. I did include his picture here though. Seek him out. He'll take care of you!

Favorite Dish: The oatmeal w/fruit! Love this stuff. Quite a spin on your run of the mill oatmeal. Made with milk so it's very creamy but not mushy. Sliced bananas and fresh papaya are mixed in. Soooo delicious!

Tried the Huevos con Nopales. (Eggs scrambled w/cactus.) The nopales didn't have a real distinctive taste. The authentic refried beans deserves an honorable mention though. Great stuff! Nothing like the refried beans I get back home!

• Cafe De Olla: Not worth the wait

by vl4 Written Jan 1, 2008

Just came back from PV. We noticed the line outside of Cafe De Olla and decided to try it after waiting for 45 minutes. It is totally not worth the wait. There are better Mexican restaurants in town than this one.

Favorite Dish: Nothing

• Cafe De Olla: Grilled Potatoes and Green Onions

by cherstew Written Dec 1, 2007

Never miss going there at least 5 times while in PV. Just walk by the outdoor grill and look at the luscious cheesy twice baked (grilled) potatoes and green onions. Awesome! Margaritas will kick your butt! Entertaining staff. Worth the wait because you meet so many fun people standing in line. Definitely a party atmosphere in there!

Favorite Dish: Just about everything!

• Cafe De Olla: Seafood Soup is Fantastic

by donnycash Updated Mar 18, 2007

While most dishes here are very good, the Seafood Soup is something else. More seafood than in many entire seafood dinners. A very spicy broth tops off this Mexican treat.

Favorite Dish: Seafood Fajitas and Seafood Soup

• Cafe De Olla: I swear - be(a)st of Mexican Food!!!!

by Srechko Written Jul 13, 2004

Mexican combo, nachos, fajitas, mmm

Luckily we tested this restaurant otherwise I would return to Canada disappointed about local food.

We ate mexican at different places, I was very disappointed everywhere until I tried this place. It is located close to the Los Arcos Hotel, it does not have a very nice patio, but inside you can experience pleasant mexican atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: Fajita - of course. I ordered a combo that included shrimps, beef and chicken. Portion was huge and evrything was delicious (including guacamole and all variety of salsas and nacho appetizers).

Tequilla and corona as something I never skipped completed the experience.

Instant Answers: Puerto Vallarta

Comments

Hotels Near Cafe De Olla
3.5 out of 5 stars