Chico's Paradise Restaurant, Bar & Grill, Puerto Vallarta

RIVERSIDE TABLE VIEW
    STRUMMIMG GUITAR
  • Bad ending

by JohnSmith1234567890 Updated Jul 18, 2011

The food was great and the zipline was fun until I hit the platform at 30 miles an hour and broke my tailbone in half and all the nerves in my butt are numb. Also, my backside was bruised even down my thighs for three months and I couldn't sit down. It has been 10 months and still isn't healed and I could have been parylized. They did nothing about it so I donot reccomend it. DONT GO THERE!

• searchn348's Profile Photo

Chicos Paradis: Enjoy the view while you dine...

by searchn348 Updated Jun 20, 2011

This restaurant tucked away just inside the Sierra Madre and about 30 minutes from downtown, is a sight to see.....the scenery was beautiful on the way....and the restaurant itself did not disappoint the eyes or ears, as there were waterfalls, cliff divers, and guitar music to enjoy as we waited for our meal.....I...and although the restaurant was full it was so peaceful and quiet here,......I guess everyone, like us was just lookin'......whenever you are in Puerto Vallarta , ya have to go down south to this one....!!!

Favorite Dish: I had the traditional beef enchiladas along with beans and rice, and of course a Margarita..no salt....on the rocks....and let me tell ya...this was really some good Mex-Mex

• Jungle and Rain Forest

• Chico's Paradise Restaurant, Bar & Grill: HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

by GOTTA_BE_IN_PV Updated Apr 4, 2011

The restaraunt is about 1 hour away (by bus) from the city. By Taxi will cost about $10-15. We took the bus to get a better local look but regreted it. You need to re-board different buses. Our travel agent highly suggested this place. One we got there it took about 10 mins to even be seated (restaurant was emtpy). From the start the staff was rude and seemed annoyed that we were there to eat. We rushed at every stage of the dinning experience and it left us with a very sour taste (especially since we traveled so much to get there). The food quality was just o.k, the servce sub-standard and the prices OBNOXIOUS. Entres start at around $25 for basic Mexican dishes. The only thing the place had going was the beautiful view on a river although there are other restaurants in the same area and there are many other nice views in PV.

Favorite Dish: the salsa was good

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Chico's Paradise Restaurant, Bar & Grill: CHILL OUT TIME

by travelgourmet Updated Oct 26, 2010

RIVERSIDE TABLE VIEW

Some people say, "It is too far from the center of Puerto Vallarta". Other's say, "There are hundreds of Mexican restaurants in Puerto Vallarta, choose one in town". Sorry!!! You haven't enjoyed the feel of laid back, sip a margarita, hear the river flow, watch the canopy ride overhead, listened to the strum of a guitar under the giant palapa, and eaten salsa and guacamole until the chips run out, until you sit at a table by the river at Chico's Paradise. Wuff. I have to catch my breath and slow down. This is what a vacation, holiday, weekend away, whatever you wish to call it, is made of. Paradise, it may not be, but it feels like heaven should.

If you like atmosphere, ambience, and Mexican food, then Chico's is the place. The only drawback is that they only take cash. CASH. No credit card. At first, I thought, "forget it". I am thrilled that I came to my senses and agreed to go. Cash is available in Puerto Vallarta with a credit card if you didn't bring enough with you. Bring a few extra dollars or pesos for the singers. That twaing of the strings of a guitar with a high C "Cu-Cu-Rru-Cu-Cu Paloma" makes the margarita go down....muy suavemente.

Favorite Dish: One very large, potent, and satisfying Margarita on the rocks. Add a little guacamole with chips and the time slides by. They have a mexican plate that fills your desire for mexican food with a delicious chile relano, enchilada, steak strip, burrito, rice and beans. Ole!

• Jungle and Rain Forest
    • Adventure Travel
    • Seniors

• Mari6625's Profile Photo

Chico's Paradise Restaurant, Bar & Grill: What a view

by Mari6625 Written Mar 9, 2006

Although the food is about average, what is great about this place is the view! It is set in the middle of the lush mountains and running trhough is a waterfall. You can eat at Chico's and then go downstairs for a swim in the waterfalls. The view is absolutely breathtaking. The food is about average for what we paid. My husband is mexican and we have been to mexico many, many times. So for the cost of the meal (about $50.00 , which included 2 plates, 2 HUGE pina coladas) we thought was a little pricey. But again, this place is a MUST while in PV.

Favorite Dish: We had fish. It was average

• garyrbeck's Profile Photo

Chico's Paradise Restaurant, Bar & Grill: Swimming by the rocks!

by garyrbeck Written Aug 22, 2004

Drive south of town and turn left [east] at the sign. The palapa-topped open-air restaurant sits right where two rivers meet with smooth rocks for sunbathing and a little swimming. Ask for a ‘window’ table! Food is fine Mexican fare, large mixed plates and quesadillas queso, but the event is more lasting. A good day's outing. Watch the potent margaritas!

Gary

Favorite Dish: Cheese Quesadillas

• spartan's Profile Photo

Chico's Paradise Restaurant, Bar & Grill: A beautiful retreat in a natural setting

by spartan Written Nov 25, 2002

A very unique experience

How would you like to eat your meal in the middle of the jungle next to a cool waterfall and surrounded by wildlife...well if you like those things, then this restaurant is the place for you.

Favorite Dish: Try the Beef Brochette (you can also get the pork brochette)...it comes with rice, beans, chips and salsa.

• WanderingPoet's Profile Photo

Chico's Paradise Restaurant, Bar & Grill: Check out the Kids diving for a Dollar

by WanderingPoet Written Jan 16, 2004

If you sit on the edge of the restaurant overlooking a waterfall...the local kids will dive out over the falls for a few pesos....

• EmeRaLDPV24's Profile Photo

Chico's Paradise Restaurant, Bar & Grill: Don´t Miss The Fresh SeaFooD

by EmeRaLDPV24 Written Jan 3, 2004

This Restaurant is near to Puerto Vallarta, is beautiful, the staff is so friendly and the Food is good!!! specially SeaFood!!

Favorite Dish: Mixed sea food grill and soup sea 7 seas is the best dish!!!!!

Instant Answers: Puerto Vallarta

Comments

View all Puerto Vallarta hotels