El Palomar De Los Gonzales, Puerto Vallarta

the band at El Palomar
    banana flambe
  • El Palomar de Los Gonzales: Experienced Credit Card Fraud Here

by mniles8 Updated Feb 22, 2011

After reading the great reviews, my sister and I decided to try this out last weekend during our yearly trip to PV. We both came home to CREDIT CARD FRAUD when we had only used our cards at this establishment. Between the two of us, our cards were charged over $2500!

The view and environment are ok, the food is mediocre (not worth the price) - but nothing is worth getting your credit card number stolen!!! A lot of hotel concierge will tell you to go there so I want to make sure visitors are warned. Also - one of the waitstaff offered us marijuana after dinner???

I've heard BARCELONA TAPAS is 100x better so go there instead. If you do come here, BRING CASH!!!

Favorite Dish: n/a

• gyrl240's Profile Photo

El Palomar De Los Gonzales: I love this place!

by gyrl240 Updated Oct 9, 2007

the band at El Palomar

Definitely one of the best meals I've had in a long time. I ate everything they put in front of me. It was all so good! It's a bumpy uphill ride to get to this restaurant but well worth it! It has a great romantic and upscale feel to it. Very charming. The view is spectacular. I sat with my husband and gazed at the water and the boats going past. Around 9pm the pirate tour boat sets off fireworks.

Favorite Dish: The Palomar fish dish. Delicious!! The fish was so flavorful and just melted in your mouth. The sauce was a white lobster sauce and so wonderul.The banana flambe was perfect. Not too sweet but so delectable! We finished the night with complimentary frozen kahlua drinks. Yummy!

• BLewJay's Profile Photo

El Palomar De Los Gonzales: "Truly one of Vallartas hidden gems"

by BLewJay Written Nov 14, 2006

Since we went to Mexico to celebrate LJ's 50th birthday, we decided to celebrate at a fabulous and romantic restaurant. Nestled into the front range of the famed Sierra Madre Mountains, El Palomar de Los Gonzáles is a restaurant in a romantic, elegant and palatial mountainside home which offers diners fabulous food, incredible views of downtown Puerto Vallarta, "Gringo Gulch" and Banderas Bay. With fine wine, delicious cuisine, soft Mexican music and excellent service, dining at El Palomar de los Gonzáles Restaurant will put romance back into your heart and soul.

Favorite Dish: LJ selected the Camarones de Vines entrée (shrimp in white wine sauce with rice and vegetables) while I had the Camarones Tutonkoman entrée (bacon wrapped shrimp with rice and vegetables). Of course, dinner would not be complete without tasting on of their fabulous Piña Coladas.

• Music

• califuberalles's Profile Photo

El Palomar De Los Gonzales: Excellent All-Around Mexican Food Menu

by califuberalles Written Oct 1, 2004

You can't go wrong.

You cannot go wrong with anything you order from this restaurant. Even the chips, salsa, and guacamole are superb.

The menu is nearly entirely Mexican food with quite a variety to choose from. Since we visited PV for some time, we went to eat here several times.

The staff is relatively cordial and the food is well presented. The servings are large.

The prices are right.

Favorite Dish: My wife enjoyed the sopa de fideo. I liked the milanesa (sort of a beef schnitzel).

If you are in the mood, certainly try the flaming coffee for an excellent show (and a good cup of Joe).

• mjd74's Profile Photo

El Palomar De Los Gonzanles: El Palomar De Los Gonzales

by mjd74 Updated Jun 17, 2003

This place is set high above Puerto Vallarta in an old house that has been turned into a restaurant. The view is one of the best in all of PV with an ambience to match.

I recommend you go there for a romantic eavning, please be sure to get there around 9pm so you can see the fire works in the bay.

I promise you that the eavning at this place will be second to none. If you go here and are not 100% satisfied, I recommend that you go home, it truly is one of Vallartas hidden gems.

Favorite Dish: I always get the Surf and Turf, however I can assure you that no matter what is on the menu you will not be dissapointed.

• richmalak's Profile Photo

El Palomar de Los Gonzales: El Palomar de Los Gonzales

by richmalak Updated May 29, 2003

hands down the best dining experience in PV and arguably the best in the world. we dine at El Palomar the first night on every trip and sometimes twice per trip.

Favorite Dish: 2 words - SEAFOOD PLATTER! the jumbo shrimps are great but do not, i mean do not, go to the world's finest seafood restaurant w/o getting the seafood platter. all soups are world class but i favor the cream of carrot. flaming coffee is a must and chocolate cake is great! ENJOY!

Instant Answers: Puerto Vallarta

Comments

Hotels Near El Palomar De Los Gonzales
3.5 out of 5 stars