Pipi's Restaurant & Bar, Puerto Vallarta

4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars - 14 Reviews

Guadalupe Sánchez #807 52 (322) 223-2767

Inside of Pipi's
    by ScubaCat
    This is the Guacamole Man!!!
    by spartan
    Outside of Pipi's
    by ScubaCat
  • pipis: Super friendly

by eyesjim Written Oct 3, 2013

My wife and I have been going to PiPis since 1991 and have taken friends and customers to this great resturant. The people are friendly, the food is great, the drinks huge. We go yhere at least twice in our seven day stay in PV.

Favorite Dish: Fajitas, all of them, served flaming hot and with all the fixings.

• PiPi's in Puerto Vallarta: BEST GUCAMOLE EVER!!!!

by Luvanurse Updated Oct 6, 2012

What a great place - the food was delicious, the atompshere was friendly, the service was second to none, the Watermelon martini was to die for ....but what I wish I would have got before I left was their recipe for their "gucamole" . We have ranted and raved about it for the past 3 years. If anyone has their recipe I would love if you could share it!!!!

Favorite Dish: Beef faijitas....ummmmm - flavor, tenderness of the beef!!!

• Cruise
    • Beaches

• PiPi's in PV: love this place

by scwatson Written Feb 14, 2012

My family and have been going to PiPi's for 18 years. The servise is the best friendly host, waiters and manager, they always top off mararitas, all the dishes are very good and fresh, it's a great place to have fun. They handle large goup with out any problems. We go once a year it's the only place we go out side the resort of Paradice Village in NV

Favorite Dish: all dishes have been great I have had nothing bad.

• Pipis: Good for tourists

by jolascoaga Written Aug 4, 2010

This is a good place if you´re a large group and one night you just want to have a fun dinner, and have 2 things: margaritas and fajitas. That is the only things they have. The margarita is good (very large) and the fajitas are simply ok.

You will not find locals, just springbreakers, but I insist that this is a good option if that is what you´re looking for. Price is a bit high for what you get but nothing excessive

• devildogusmc's Profile Photo

Pe Pe's: Your in Mexico, eat real Mexican food!

by devildogusmc Written Nov 15, 2008

I had heard that this place was the greatest. The only thig I did not realize is that the person who told me this was from Kansas. This place is horrible. If you want real Mexican food and culture, than stay far away from this watered down tourist trap. Not to mention, that the food is horrible and NOT Mexican food. I have been in Mexico for 5 monthes and that had to be the worst excuse for Mexican food I have seen since living here. The enviroment is tourist friendly, the only people there are Americans and Canadians; although if that tells you anything, and you are the type of person who came to Mexico other than staying at your resort, than this place will be a huge waste of money and a big dissapointment. Your in Mexico, dont be the timid American! Live a little, try something new, you may find that you are eating real Authentic Cuisine.

Favorite Dish: The Margarita's were tasty, and the dude who makes the guacamole is cool, and the guacamole is prety good, but that's it.

• Study Abroad

• Pipi's Restaurant & Bar: A totally Fun Place

by fred59925 Updated Mar 23, 2007

One of the best, moderately priced restaurants that we visited during the 7 days were in PR. The food was plentiful, the waitstaff friendly and the customer mix was cosmopolitan - American, Mexicans, Canadians, College Students, Married Couples, etc.

Favorite Dish: Fajitas

• xanderbear's Profile Photo

Pipi's Restaurant & Bar: Yummy & Comforting

by xanderbear Written Oct 3, 2006

We got there right around 6 o'clock and found the space to be your typical fiesta style decor. We were greeted and sat within only moments as the place was pretty empty (a Wednesday night). Right away we got down to business, coconut margaritas! These were perhaps the largest drinks Ive ever had the pleasure to suck down.. and of course ordered another! Only a short time passed and a man with a tray comes over and starts making us guacamole, right there on the spot! It was fantastic!

We decided to share an appetizer.. the cheese and chorizo dip with flour tortillas.. uhm, yumm-o! Loads of tender pieces of chorizo in a hot gooey pool of Mexican cheese.. was out of this world! Then we placed our order for dinner.. I ordered combo Fajitas (the thing to get) while the Mr ordered Sour Cream Enchiladas.. within less than 10 minutes our entrees were delivered. Normally this would make me feel rushed and very upset.. however the drinks were in place as well as those effects! Beth decided she was going to eat off our plates..

The fajitas were awesome! Tender shrimp, beef and chicken with peppers, onions and mushrooms all on a blazing iron skillet. I think if I would have had another bite my tummy would have simply exploded! However it was thanking me for making it so happy!

Now the Sour Cream Enchiladas.. 4 large enchiladas filed with beef and chicken covered in a cheesy sour cream sauce.. eh.. so-so.. he wasn't impressed with his dinner and didn't even finish the plate.. fortunately my fajitas were so large I was able to share with the Mr as well as Beth!

Pipi's is an excellent value and the service while almost rushed was sharp and on point. There are certainly higher end dining options in PV though if you want to feel comforted this is the place to go!

• ScubaCat's Profile Photo

Pipi's Restaurant & Bar: Mexican Food you don't want to pass up!

by ScubaCat Updated Jan 27, 2006

Outside of Pipi's

Of all the restaurants we ate at while in Puerto Vallarta, I have to say this was my favorite. Pipi's had true authentic mexican food and they didn't skimp on the portions. I had ordered a beef burrito and when it came the cheese and ends of the burrito were hanging over the plate! I could not even eat 1/2 of my meal that night and I hadn't eaten since breakfast so I was hungry. Prior to being seated we had to wait (this is a very popular restaurant - get there early! 5:00 or 5:30) We got there at 6:00 and the restaurant was already full so we went into the bar and I had strawberry margarita's. Ahhhhh, so smooth and flavorful, made with an excellant brand of tequila & fresh strawberries. The ambiveance of the restaurant was fantastic. All bright & colorful. Walls were painted white & pinatatis & colorful mexican ornaments hung all around. Not the dark mexican restaurants us americans are used to, but more of a true mexican home. The music of a mararichi band was playing and everyone was having a fantastic time. It was like a festive party in the restuarant.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish was the burritto of course. I'm partial to burritto's to begin with but this was exceptionally good. Fresh meat, true mexican flour tortillas, not the store bought kind, but made fresh. Lots and lots of cheese like a burritto should have and that burritto just melted in my mouth. It was so good I kept eating long after I was full to the point that I thought they might have to roll me out of there, lol.

• Festivals

• garyrbeck's Profile Photo

Pipi's Restaurant & Bar: Local popular hangout

by garyrbeck Written Aug 22, 2004

Picnic-table seating in a large room up from the Malecón, full of people downing drinks and huge platters of fine and reasonable Mexican fare and margaritas. Not too much out of the ordinary here, but the sizzling fajitas, complimentary guacamole prepared tableside, burritos and Mexican Combo are quite good.

Gary

Favorite Dish: sizzling fajitas

• Pipi's Restaurant & Bar: Fun,fun,fun

by Crnpeach Written Jun 14, 2004

Read the reviews good and bad. This is a fun place to go, good prices, good food (lots of it, if the price is too high order one and split it there is plenty). Huge margaritas, flaming fajitas and live Mariachis.....Ok it's a little tourist trapy but it's fun.

Favorite Dish: I had the Fajitas burrito with beef and chicken. Tasty an huge.

• Pipi's Restaurant & Bar: Loved this Place!

by malalaura Written Jan 25, 2004

When I went to Pipi's with my friends I was expecting the typical tourist trap. I was wrong. I received outstanding service at Pipi's and a great meal. The prices were also fairly reasonable for the portion sizes.

Favorite Dish: Guacomole

• WanderingPoet's Profile Photo

Pipi's Restaurant & Bar: The only place to go for Mexican

by WanderingPoet Written Jan 16, 2004

This place is the perfect mexican treat...great salsa & guacamole....huge margaritas....The mariachi and waitstaff are excellent...

Favorite Dish: Make sure you order the supreme fajitas...steak chicken & shrimp served steaming at your table....for about $12 you get drinks and a meal you'll never forget...

• dlparker's Profile Photo

Pipi's Restaurant & Bar: Awesome Food

by dlparker Written Aug 10, 2003

You have to wait in line sometimes to get into this restaurant but it is well worth it.
    Its a little loud inside, but the food is great.
    They make guacamole at your table.

Very good fresh water lobster here.

Favorite Dish: lobster

• spartan's Profile Photo

Pipi's Restaurant & Bar: The home of the sizzling fajita's

by spartan Updated Nov 25, 2002

This is the Guacamole Man!!!

As soon as you walk iin the door, you can tell this is not your typical restaurant. Service is outstanding and customer service is first-class. The food is awesome and you even get to listen to the mariachi while you eat.

Favorite Dish: When you are seated, before you can even get a word out of your mouth, the waiters take your drink order...try the Fresh Strawberry Margarita (which blends fresh California strawberries, tequila, and Triple Sec with their special sweet & sour mix).

As you wait to order your meal, a huge bowl of fresh tortilla chips is placed on your table...but wait, another waiter sets up a small stand and mixes a fresh batch of guacamole for dipping.

Now for the real deal...order the Macho Combo; a huge plate consisting of grilled steak, quesadilla, taco, enchilada, baby chimichanga, tamale, chile relleno, guacamole, sour cream, rice, beans, and Pipis’ spicy Mexican sauce.

Instant Answers: Puerto Vallarta

Comments

Hotels Near Pipi's Restaurant & Bar
4.0 out of 5 stars