River Cafe, Puerto Vallarta

by dancindave123
  • garyrbeck's Profile Photo

River Cafe: Numero Uno

by garyrbeck Updated Jan 9, 2006

Great place. No space to list all my comments but I have the best 325 restaurant guide. garyrbeck1@yahoo.com

Favorite Dish: Calamari appetizer and any desserts esp. chocolate cake. Everything top notch. See my review below for in depth comments or write me.

• platypusak's Profile Photo

River Cafe: Cool Breezes, Great Food

by platypusak Written Oct 6, 2005

With several seating areas, we chose one outside under the trees and right next to the stream. It was a gorgeous day with a slight breeze and the setting was just about perfect. We came for a late gbreakfast/lunch so each of the four of us ordered something different and shared bites. everything was delicious. The wait staff allowed us plenty of time to talk and were attentive without being pushy. We spent at least two hours chatting and enjoying the meal. Perfect, unrushed, wonderful!

The decor is fantastic and I just loved the blue wall.

Favorite Dish: I had the Crepes stuffed with apples and cinnamon served with cream cheese and amaretto sauce, melt in your mouth delicious. My husband had an excellent omlet which was delicious. Did I mention the endless mimosas?

• platypusak's Profile Photo

La Bodeguita del Medio: Viva Cuba

by platypusak Updated May 9, 2005

With one of the best locations on the Malecon, this was our favorite spot in PV. The latin music was complimented by out-of -this world Cuban themed food. Four of us spent the afternoon nibbling Cuban snacks and drinking mojitos made with real Cuban Rum. The sea view from the second floor adds to the flavor.
    The tiny attached shop has cuban cigars and Havana Club Rum. Just remember to use it all in Mexico!

Favorite Dish: Don't miss the Shrimp and the fried pork...both are to die for.

• garyrbeck's Profile Photo

River Cafe: Still My Numero Uno...!

by garyrbeck Written Aug 22, 2004

One of the most beautiful settings in Vallarta. Tiny white lights on trees overhanging the Río Cuale, open air seating with ample room and friendly, fast service by handsome meseros. Menu changes often featuring the finest the chef has to offer. Fish and meat entrees 150-180p, calamari. Very creative, and do not miss the desserts 60p as chocolate cake and crème brulee! Paintings are by local artist Marta Gilbert, a regular here at the bar. Buy a poster and have her sign it for you. Jazz by Beverly and Willow often, depending upon the season. Tropical elegance. A top treat!
    [From my free guide] Just ask...

Gary

Favorite Dish: Calamari,. warm desserts with fresh ice cream, fish of the day, specials, everything drives us restaurant workers wild!

• dancindave123's Profile Photo

River Cafe: Beautiful & romantic setting

by dancindave123 Written Dec 29, 2007

The interiors were charming, well done just over the central river downtown. Great food and prices, nice service.

Favorite Dish: The Crema Cuban (black bean soup) and squash flower quesadillas

• Architecture

Instant Answers: Puerto Vallarta

Comments

Hotels Near River Cafe
131 Opinions