Scuba, Puerto Vallarta

Know about this? Rate It!

• Scuba
    by bms
    secluded beach after snorking
    by Mindy_J
    getting a kiss before the trip
    by Mindy_J
  • Scuba in Vallarta

by jolpa Written Jan 27, 2011

Best Scuba Diving store in Vallarta is Banderas Scuba. They are located in the Romantic zone, and they are professionals, and really nice guys too!

I´ve been going with them many times, and is always a pleasure... I recommend them and only them!

• Puerto Vallarta Scuba Diving

by bms Written Oct 19, 2010

i went with a Dive Shop in Puerto Vallarta Silent World Divers, they used to be at hotel Las Palmas long time ago but i can say they are much better now, very professionals and patients, was my first dive before long time and i felt very safe and i enjoyed my diving in Los Arcos, thank you very much Yadi i will be back soon!

Equipment: just towel, sunblock, sunglasses and have fun!!

• Mindy_J's Profile Photo

Scuba & Snorkling Tours to Marietas

by Mindy_J Written Oct 3, 2006

At the Marietas Islands Snorkling

We went on the Marietas Islands, which is a sanctuary for birds, fish, & correl. It was beautiful, but not as usual for us. Hurricane John had come through a week before out at sea & sent some natural trash toward the island, so visibility was bad for snorkling, but scuba diving was still great at 30 feet and below.

Equipment: Everything is there for you... Just brink a towel to keep you warm & wear your bathing suit there.. Ohh yeah, when a mexican tells you to take Dremamin, you take it, especially when he offers it for free.. that means it will be a bumpy ride! So many people got sick, because they didn't "need" it. Swallow your pride people & take the pill!

• divenut's Profile Photo

SCUBA DIVING PUERTO VALLARTA

by divenut Written Oct 12, 2003

Ocean Quest Dive Shop 5 Star rating.
    We had heard that scuba diving in Puerto Vallarta was not that great but I guess those divers either went to the wrong place or with the wrong shop or the wrong time.
    We dove four days with Ocean Quest Dive Center a small dive shop which is located in the old center of Puerto Vallarta.I give them five star rating.
    The first day we went to Los Arcos and dove the Devils canyon wall to 130 ft, we saw eagle rays, turtles, big green morrays and hughe schools of all kinds of fish.
    They had two guides with us all the time a Padi Master Instructor and a Padi Dive Master.The staff was friendly, knowledgable in marine live and all our gear was top and no extra cost. A great plus was that they take no more than six divers and in our case it was only us four which makes it safe and enjoyable.
    They are very protective with the environment and actually brief you before every dive.

We went to Majahuitas where I saw my first Manta, it was hugh probably 20 ft wing span
    and had a great surface interval at a deserted beach with coconut palms and a great picknik prepared by the crew.
    Marietas and Corbetena where also very nice

Equipment: You can bring your gear, but theres is great and free of charge.

• Cruise
    • Beaches

• hayward68's Profile Photo

Scuba Diving

by hayward68 Written Nov 16, 2002

Take the opportunity, if you're a certified diver, to do some great dives. We were out in the entrance to the Bay of Banderos, anchored beside an island that's a bird sanctuary, and on one of the dives we had great fun in the tunnels underwater. The current pushes and pulls you through the tunnels, making the dive more of an amusement park ride, very fun :-) The island is Isla Marietas, the depth was only 30 - 60ft.
    My dives were done with Chico's Dive Shop which is located on the Malecon in the downtown area.

Equipment: You can either bring your own dive equipment or rent from the dive shop. I bring my own wetsuit, snorkel, mask and fins and rent my BCD, tanks, regulator and weights.

Instant Answers: Puerto Vallarta

Comments

Other Sports & Outdoors in Puerto Vallarta

View all Puerto Vallarta hotels