Boat Cruises, Puerto Vallarta

by eddieboy726
  • jreulbach's Profile Photo

Rhythms of the Night.

by jreulbach Written Sep 19, 2010

It sounds cheesy but it was a really great experience. If you want to have a "real" drink on the boatride there just ask for it. They have some snacks on the boat to tide you over. Don't buy the bugspray at the Marina, bring your own or don't worry about it. Be hungry for dinner, the food is really great. It is a very romantic trip. After the boatride back, just walk out to the street to get a cheaper taxi ride.

• Gay and Lesbian

• karenfrancesxoxo's Profile Photo

all excursion deals including timeshares-tips

by karenfrancesxoxo Updated Mar 6, 2010

We all have been approached to attend a 90minute (never) time share in interest in recieving some type of gift in return. The pressure to buy can be amazing especially when you are on the wonderful trip and want to take another. Our time share excursion became complicated when we made THE MISTAKE of PREpaying for our 3 discounted excursion packages.

i truly do not believe we were initially "scammed" with intenion. Things got complicated when we took the time to go that morning and did not "qualify" by the property sales staff within 5minutes before listening to the pitch (they did not want customer that said we had to leave in 90minutes-understood). yet we decided to continue to listen for 90 min after we were told we would take care of us as promised whether we stayed or not (that did not happen...pancho and joe gave us the run around on $100 we put out on 1 of the 3 packages)

Taking the excursion of attending a time share can give you more bang for your buck for other excusion days. we were given 4 $25 pirate ship tickets-valued at $75 each. We also recieved $44 zip line tickets- $80 value and $25 all day boat with lunch tickets- $40 value each.

You can learn alot from attending time shares and you can also waist alot of time. We spent most of three days chasing our PREPAID (mistake) discount excursion packages

*Forando (seen in second photo posted) with Bahia Travel took the time to make good and refunded our $100 (pirate ship tickets) he can be reached at JoshGuerrerox@hotmail.com he is located one block from puerto vallarta down town beach and shopping area

things to remember:
    *you can learn a lot at time shares
    *time share do not take 90 minutes "O)
    *only put a small deposit down when promising to attend a time share
    *write down everyone name and get business cards
    *before you buy, check out resale prices on ebay
    *before you buy take contract home adn make sure all that is promised is IN contract.

*any trouble with tourism is best handled with tourist regulation poilce "reglamentos" if you are not able to resolve on your own.

enjoy!!

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

ROCA LOS ARCOS IS SNORKELING HEAVEN

by travelgourmet Updated Apr 18, 2009

ROCA LOS ARCOS

The beauty of Mexico is along the Mexican Riviera with the Roca Los Arcos in Banderas Bay being snorkel heaven. The rocks drop down into the sea and the water is clear with many varieties of fish swimming around you. Many of the dive boats from the Puerto Vallarta Marina come to this spot for scuba and snorkelers, alike.

• Singles

• Mindy_J's Profile Photo

Trip to Marietas Islands

by Mindy_J Written Oct 16, 2006

Marietas Islands

The trip to Marietas Islands was increadible. This is a bird sanctuary that you travel an hour or more to get to. You snorkel or scuba dive in this increadible untouched ecological conservatory. We were told this was the best tour because of the beauty & in the winter months, whale watching suppose to be out of this world.

• Singles

• staindesign's Profile Photo

Island drop offs

by staindesign Written Aug 31, 2006

(lszkopiec) with Iguana

We took another boat trip and they drop you off for a few hours at islands where you can explore. It was pretty cool. We didn't like this very much because we didn't have much money because since we had to buy an additional tickets to get there we didn't have much money left. We just tanned that after noon. But the funny picture i am putting on here is of my friend this guy put this big iguana on her and she was mad. They try to make money and a photo with an iguana will coat you about $5. What a rip off.

• Eco-Tourism

• staindesign's Profile Photo

Swimming with the Jellies

by staindesign Written Aug 31, 2006

our boat

At the hotel we booked this day boat cruise. The hotel gave us a ride to the port. It was really fun. The view of the town from the water was really nice. We choose this particular boat because they stop by Los Arcos so that you can snorkle. I had never snokeled in the Pacific Ocean and it was great! I dont' know if it was the time of year we were there but my friend kept telling me that she was being bit. Of course I told her that she was crazy because i wasn't, but i was being stung. We didn't see anything until it became a little cloudy, then we saw hundreds of baby jelly fish. You couldn't help to avoid them, they were everywhere. We were stung so many times trying to get back to the boat away from the jellies. When we got out we were covered with red welts! That part was bad but it was still a cool experience. The boat provided the snorkle gear. And on the way back to the port they played games with all of the passengers.

• Eco-Tourism

• donforse's Profile Photo

Sailboat Tour

by donforse Written Jul 11, 2006

The regulars on tour

We rented a 48' sailboat for six hours and split the day between snorkeling and sailing around Banderas Bay. The professional crew of two (Javier and Jorge) prepared a nice light lunch and snacks, and were also very good in guiding our party during the snorkeling trip. Also adding to the enjoyment were the two bottles of tequila, two bottles of Dom Peringon, and several cases of ice-cold Pacifico cerveza.

The trip was booked through Vallarta Adventures, and was probably the most fun of any activity during our stay. They offer a variety of excursions such as sailing with dolphins, whales and sea lions. They are very professional and come highly recommended. Check out their website below.

• ScubaCat's Profile Photo

Geronimo!

by ScubaCat Updated Mar 11, 2006

Whale

No, lol, your not going to jump off a cliff, but you will be reved up enough to yell Geronimo with the crew of this boat full. This is a fantastic tour & I highly recommend anyone visiting Puerto Vallarta between the months of January through April to do this. The first main event and as far as I'm concerned the most exciting was watching the whales in the bay. We would find one coming out of the water, then we would find 2. Then over there would be 2 males trying to court a female. Boats were flying everywhere trying to get closer to the whales and believe me if you have never seen whales during mating season, this is a site to behold. The next leg of our tour consisted of going to the Marietta Islands to snorkel. This is where I discovered that my underwater camera was busted. Darn! Cause here, I saw some of the most beautiful yellow angel type fish that I had never seen before in the Carribean and they were big! We got to snorkel through caverns coming into little enclosed ponds, going into caves & tunnels. This was quite an experience as well. After snorkeling for about an hour we headed off to a very beautiful beach area where we could swim, boogie board or just relax. Most of us opted to swim, some of us opted to go seashelling hunting (I found tons!) and my hubby fell asleep, lol. All in all this was a terrific tour to go on and I have a wonderful time. Only regret is that my underwater camera was busted & I didn't get any pictures of the underwater world snorkeling.

• changeinlatitude's Profile Photo

DO NOT DO THIS!!!

by changeinlatitude Written Mar 2, 2006

Do not take the Pirate Ship cruise. It is over crowded, the food is horrible and it is just an all around bad trip.

Our first clue should have been the long line, when we were suposed to have the ship reserved for our group of 100+ people. The next clue was when they shuttled us to the ship on what I would call a large john boat. And talk about getting sea sick. YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just don't waist your time or money.

• Best Boat in PV

by vallartafan Written Feb 5, 2006

The Bloodhound

Su familia and I have been going to Puerto Vallarta for years now and have returned with our own families many times. Each of the last 4 visits we have spent a day aboard the Bloodhound. It is a clipper ship that holds approximately 35 passengers. It has now become a family tradition. If you are traveling in Jan/Feb or early March, they typically go to the Marietas where you will have the opportunity to snorkle and jump off a cliff. We have always seen humpback whales (the breed in banderas bay and mid march migrate back north with their young). For those who don't care for snorkeling, they will take you on bird watching tour (blue boobie birds and frigget birds primarily). Brian the ships captain is American but has been in PV for several years. He is quite knowledgable of some of the marine life and PV in general. Suggest Dramamine...you are in a the pacific ocean in a deep bay (deep enough for the whales to dive) so the water can be choppy. This trip is less commercial and more intimate. Small staff that serve a light breakfast, your favorite mexican beverages and a light lunch. Bring hats, sunscreen as you are in the sun all day. You will moter out to the Marietas and Sail back. We've never been disappointed!

• ScubaCat's Profile Photo

Las Caletas - A mix of Beach & Jungle

by ScubaCat Updated Feb 4, 2006

View of our boat & dock

This is one gorgeous area of the pacific coastline. Getting there by boat & the return trip was just absolutely breathtaking. If we had been going slow enough I would have taken pictures. Upon arrival, the beach & backdrop of the jungle was equallly beautiful. Soft golden sand with plenty of lounge chairs, a pinic area for lunch that was provided & clean bathrooms. There were also many activities you could partake in as well. Take a hike into the jungle. Take an old world mexican cooking lesson. View the interactive parott center. Relax on the beach in the lounge chairs or in the shade of the hammocks, or if you brought your snorkel equipment, snorkel in the calm waters of the bay. Since we had paid an extra fee to scuba dive, as soon as everyone disembarked we geared up for our first dive. We boated out about 15 mins from the bay & descended to 60 feet. One of the reasons I wanted to come to the pacific coast was I wanted to see the big fish. Boy was I dissapointed. I didn't see nada! So when we returned to the dock for our surface interval we opted not to do our 2nd dive & play onshore. Unfortunately, had I known that the diving would have been so bad, I would have paid the money that I had spent for the diving & used it to snorkel with the sea lions. Now, that would have been money well spent, but all in all, it was an enjoyable day. Collecting seashells, playing with the parrots and the spider monkey and the lunch was not bad at all.

• a_mansell's Profile Photo

'Diving" excursion

by a_mansell Updated Dec 7, 2005

Because we were on a 'budget' vacation, we chose the cheapest diving excursion which turned out to be not too bad for what we paid. Be warned, as I'm sure you already know, purchase your excursion through a reputable agency. We used a charter boat company on the Marina and were helped by a most charming american woman. They had all on offer, and advised us well. Our trip which cost about $35 each, was catamaran to a beautiful spot to dive, we were entertained by the wonderful staff .... they were awesome, we then went to a waterfall in the jungle ... very disappointing, I would not repeat this part, and then spent the afternoon on the beach. On the way back, we met up with a school of dolphins who escorted us into the port. (if I didn't know better, I would've sworn the dolphins were on the payroll!!)

• a_mansell's Profile Photo

'Diving" excursion

by a_mansell Written Dec 7, 2005

• Rhythms of the Night

by kitsya Written Aug 16, 2005

Tours:
    Rhythms of the Night tour was the highlight of our vacation. It
    started with a boat ride across the bay right at sunset. . .very
    pretty and we saw dolphins jumping along the side of the boat!!!!
    Then we got to a private secluded beach you can only get to by boat
    that was once owned by john houston, i believe. We had dinner on the
    beach - food was excellent and there was no electric light - only
    torches and candlelight after that, there was a tribal show with the
    costumes, body paint, good dancing, and fire twirlers then, on the
    boat ride back they had open bar and music and they turned down the
    lights so that we could see the stars and we
    danced on the boat.
    It was very romantic.

• worldglobetrotter's Profile Photo

Rhythms of the Night

by worldglobetrotter Written Jul 19, 2005

Beachfront tables

My husband surprised me with tickets to this event. It was a lot of fun.

According to the web site, "A scenic sunset cruise across Banderas Bay takes you to the isolated cove of Las Caletas, where flickering torches, gently lapping seas and swaying palms set the mood for a mesmerizing performance deep within the tropical forest that will captivate your heart and leave you breathless."

The boat ride was very nice and scenic. The crew members were a lot of fun.

Once we arrived at Las Caletas, we made our way down a torch-lit path to where we watched a wonderful show telling a story of ancient civilization through music and modern dance.

After the show, we made our way to our table. We sat at a rather secluded table overlooking the beach. There were tables on the beach itself. How romantic! The food was delicious, as was the wine.

The price for the cruise/dinner/show is $75 per person, but very much worth it. It was a wonderfully romantic evening.

Instant Answers: Puerto Vallarta

Comments

View all Puerto Vallarta hotels