Boat Cruises, Puerto Vallarta

by eddieboy726
  • worldglobetrotter's Profile Photo

Watching for Whales

by worldglobetrotter Written Jul 19, 2005

If you look closely, you can see dolphins

Through the Club Marival resort, we set up a boat tour to search for whales and dolphins. It was $40 per person, for the afternoon. We took a cab to the dock and boarded the boat. It was my first time on a boat. *woohoo*

The drinks were flowing on the boat and one patron had a bit too many. To make a long story short, he and his adult son got into a fight and the gentleman proceeded to toss articles of clothing as well as pesos over the side of the boat. It was quite entertaining.

In any event, we saw a number of whales, and many dolphins. The dolphins liked to play in the waves created by the boat. Unfortunately, each time I tried to get a photo of a whale, it was too late, or I ended up getting another tourist in the photo instead. To see the whales in person was a wonderful experience. I would do it again in a heart beat.

If you do go on a whale watching excursion, bring lots of film or memory cards and keep your eyes peeled. You never know what you may see. (Both on and off the boat!)

• Whale Watching

• SunBum1999's Profile Photo

The Sunset Cruise

by SunBum1999 Updated Jun 12, 2005

The Mariachis performing before the trip.

Out of all the cruises I went on in Puerto Vallarta( 4 of them), The Pirate sunset cruise was the best. It is called the Marigalante. Dinner and drinks are free. As soon as you approach the ship the party begins. They have contests, dancing, Indian rituals and of course the pirate show. The whole cruise was entertaining. Just don't forget to see the sunset while enjoying the shows.

• Sailing and Boating

• Caribean Cruise (booze cruise)

by extremist Written May 27, 2005

Caribean Cruise sunset in Puerto Vallarta

This is the first photo I shot from my balcony. It was 9pm, and the lighted ship came right as the sun was setting and then unexpectedly fireworks went off, I had my camera ready. It was a nice warm humid breeze on my skin, felt so good to see the sights and hear the sounds of Puerto Vallarta once again, this time from a nice view from above the city, which was only 5 blocks from the Malecon and up a flt of switchback steps.

• Luxury Travel
    • Beer Tasting

• scott_dallas's Profile Photo

Take a cruise

by scott_dallas Updated May 14, 2005

There are several operators that sell cruises in the Bay of Banderas. Yes they are basically booze cruises, but they can be fun for an afternoon.

Ours went to Los Arcos where we went snorkeling and an isolated beach where I swam and kayaked and we ate lunch. Different cruises go to different locations.
    See my travelogue "Dancer Cruise" for more details

There are also several operators at the Marina and at the Playa de Los Muertos pier that will hire their boats for snorkelling and/or diving trips, or fishing trips.

• Lemieuxs's Profile Photo

Las Caletas... a little bit of paradise

by Lemieuxs Written Feb 15, 2005

We took a day trip to Las Caletas, on the way we saw whales and dolphins. Once arrived, we were served a beautiful lunch and then went snorkeling and for short guided nature walk in the mountain. Overall good value for the money (about $70 US) per person.

• Jungle and Rain Forest

• snuckfuggle's Profile Photo

Whales

by snuckfuggle Written Jan 3, 2005

This is a wintering place for Blues and Greys and the locals know where to find them. You can take a group excursion boat or do a charter for a couple hundres bucks. With the charter you can throw in some fishing time (we caught 17 red snapper in an hour) and go snorkling on a private beach.

• Whale Watching
    • Fishing

• Las Marietas

by FairOaks Updated Dec 19, 2004

Take a day trip to snorkel at the Marietas Islands. They supply the fins, mask, and snorkel. I saw at least fifteen varieties of colorful tropical fish. The islands are also home to numerous kinds of birds.

They serve muffins and coffee after you board, and lunch after the snorkel activity. After lunch, there is time for sun and fun on a nearby beach.

Although it was not yet whale watching season, we saw whales both going to the islands and coming back. Close up view of whales on the surface, then flukes as they dove down deep.

• Birdwatching

• amambaw's Profile Photo

Catamaran cruise tour

by amambaw Written Jul 24, 2004

My dad soaking up the rays

On our last day in PV, my dad sprung for a cruise on a party boat. We were to go out to a little island at the mouth of the Bay of Banderos (I think that's what they called it!) and go snorkelling, then head to a private beach for some tanning.

We had a total blast on this trip. The guys working the boat were a riot, and they kept us entertained the whole way. Lots of drinking to be had. Fun entertainment and music.

The snorkelling was amazing. I have a bit of a fear of breathing with my face in the water (as should everyone!), but once I got the hang of it, it was beautiful. We saw some amazing fish and coral!

The highlight of the trip for me was our whale sightings. In February, several pods of whales meet in the Bay for mating season. On our way out to the island, we saw 2 humpback whales swimming about, and I saw a wild dolphin. On our way back into PV, we saw the best thing yet: a baby humpback whale playing in the water. He was breaching and showing off about 200 ft from our boat. It was absolutely amazing.

• School Holidays

• Rhythms of the Night

by Crnpeach Written Jun 14, 2004

Fun, beautiful sunset cruise to remote location, watch the sunset, see dolphins jumping have a relaxing drink on the way. Arrive at a torch lit jungle paradise. Watch a lovely live show, then on to a secluded dinner by torch light in a beautiful setting. I would recomend this to everyone.

I have read some bad reviews about this one such as stumbling in the dark over roots on dirt paths, well guess what... your in the jungle if you want to stay on a sidewalk stay in town.

Do wear good walking shoes and don't dress in your finest clothes.

Oh and by the way you may want to avoid the rainy season if you don't want to get wet. As we were getting off the boat the torrential down pour started and did not stop untill we were on the boat ride home. We still had a great time. They have umbrellas

• Theater Travel
    • Adventure Travel

• MattNYC's Profile Photo

Ritmos de la Noches

by MattNYC Updated May 28, 2004

This was a spectacular sunset cruise by high speed catamaran across the bay from the city to a secluded beach where dinner was served to secluded individual tables under the palm trees along trails that snaked from the beach to a hillside theater where a modern/traditional dance show was performed in the moonlight. After the show, we lounged in a hammock and listened to the surf before returning to town watching the full moon light up the sierra madras mountains. A truly enchanting experience that I recommend to anyone travelling to Puerto Vallarta.

• iam1wthee's Profile Photo

Pirate Boate excursion

by iam1wthee Updated Jan 14, 2004

This was a blast. The boat takes you to a beach where you can snorkel, kayak, play volleyball, sunbath, or go on a banana boat ride. While cruising the crew, which is dressed in pirate gear dance, sing, and put on a play. Eventhough they were a bit corny and not polished it was still fun. There is audience participation so do not go if you do not want to be bothered. They will bring you up on stage to sing, dance, act, and play a variety of games. Breakfast and lunch buffet style was served and you could go for seconds if you want to. We saw a school of dolphins on the way back to the pier.

• Theater Travel

• Gay Cruise

by GOTTA_BE_IN_PV Written Sep 13, 2003

Booked through any of the gay hotels or by calling Diana's tours (look on the web). Was my second most favorite part of trip. Start of on the morning with dolphin watching. Then next is snorkeling in a more secluded area (AMAZING). Then a stop at a private gay beach and then on to a full lunch on a second secluded beach, final sail by Los Arcos which are two beatufiul rock/islands. OPEN BAR and snacks and a very social and friendly astmosphere.

• Gay and Lesbian

• lar-n-me's Profile Photo

This is Los Arcos(where we...

by lar-n-me Written Aug 24, 2002

This is Los Arcos(where we snorkeled). These three rock islands are located close to Mismaloya Bay. If you can, take your own kayak out there!!

The snorkeling was indescribable. Even though we were there during the 'rainy season', it had not rained for over a week, which makes visibility even better. Larry spied a huge starfish which he dived for and caught. He swam around with us for awhile and we almost took him home, but couldn't bring ourselves to do it!!!

The trip over to the rocks was exhilerating (via our own kayak),...coming back was a different story. (NO I wasn't out of shape,...I just happened to be sitting on a sea-urchin-spine-impaled derriere!:-)

• eddieboy726's Profile Photo

Pirate Boat !!!

by eddieboy726 Written Oct 29, 2008

You can go on this boat for a evening cruise. You get a meal and a show, and they shoot off the cannon. It was'nt for me, but it could be for you.

Instant Answers: Puerto Vallarta

Comments

View all Puerto Vallarta hotels