Canopy Tour, Puerto Vallarta

• The park is part of the
    The park is part of the "Predator" set
    by donforse
    View from the Canopy
    by vallartafan
    CLIMBING THE ROCKS
    by vallartafan
  • donforse's Profile Photo

by donforse Updated Apr 4, 2011

The park is part of the

The Canopy Tour at El Eden lets you ride zip lines over the old set of the movie "Predator." The ride across twelve zip cables gets up to almost 50 miles per hour and the lines are up to 1500 meters long. Quite a thrill ride!!! Also at the site is an open air restaurant, though I would probably stay away from everything other than the beer. Get there early as it gets very hot in the jungle. Also, wear comfortable shoes for the small hikes in between the lines.

• Hiking and Walking

• jwha's Profile Photo

Canopy Tours

by jwha Written Sep 8, 2006

I definitely recommend this tour. I was a little nervous about it as we started to climb the stairs to the first platform. After I made it across the first zip line, there wasn't any hesitation, I couldn't get to the next line quick enough.

The staff is wonderful!
    The view is amazing!

As we waited for a dvd of our tour, we had lunch at the restaurant. The owner walked from table to table to introduce himself and see how you liked the tour and the facilities.

Before our food arrived, a man came out with a scorpion, which our friend was the first to let it crawl on his face! Muy loco!!! After lunch, we walked around to see the other animals. We were able to enter a cage with monkeys. They were so cute! They weren't shy at all, they jumped back and forth from my husband and me. They loved crawling on our heads and playing in my hair.

• Hiking and Walking

• canopy tour

by vallartafan Written Feb 5, 2006

Gliding through the Canopy in PV

My family travels to PV every other year or so.
    We are always looking for some new experience. Last march my husband, daughters (13 & 16) & sister in law signed up for a new tour - The Canopy Tour. We took transportation from our hotel to the pick up area. An open air truck out drove us out of the city up to higher elevations. Upon arrival, we were escorted to an area so that we could be fitted for euipment. Then we proceeded to the another area to await safety instructions and learn how you are going to hang from the zip lines and travel from tree to tree.

They start you off small. Thank goodness - I'm afraid of heights. The first platform and zipline is very short. It allows you to get rid of your gitters while getting you picture taken to commemorate your experience. Each zip line gets longer. There is a guide in front of the group and in back of the group to make sure you are secure before proceeding at each point. They also are quick with a joke. I belive there are a total of 13 zip lines with to of the last lines going over a rocky ravene w/water. The experience takes approximately 2 hours but for someone who hasn't done this type of thing before, it will be well worth your time & money. You may also purchase a dvd of your experience and stay for lunch. A small gift shop is also available (hats, t-shirts).

Suggest you wear tennis shoes long shorts or capris or jeans and a t-shirt. It can be a bit chilly in the early morning, but once you start up the hill and walking you will be warm. If you like the water, there is an area for swimming right outside of the resturant and at the end of the zip lines.

• Eco-Tourism

• drbackcare's Profile Photo

by drbackcare Written Mar 15, 2005

How You Get Down...

There are only 14 canopy tours worldwide and two of them are near PV. Ours was with Vallarta Advetures. The ride out - in an open back truck ala the military was very dusty, loud, and gas smelling. The other tour company uses mostly highway to get to their site so the ride was better (I heard from another couple who went to the other tour) but still in an open truck. They use those trucks in the rainy season to get through to the site. February is the dry season so it was very dusty. The tour operators are these 20 something boys who are GREAT! They come from all over the world. On our tour we had to wear helmets and heavy leather gloves (because we do the braking!). My chest muscles were pretty sore in the following 2 days). On the other tour, no helmets, no braking, more hiking around but higher up and over more water and gorges. Hard to say which is better because a) I really enjoyed the team and it was safe and b) I haven't tried the other tour. On the other tour, they just push you out and stop you so you don't control your situation much. I will try the other one next time! Very Fun. Must like heights.

• Jungle and Rain Forest

• meeshelmybelle's Profile Photo

by meeshelmybelle Written Nov 10, 2004

there is a cable up there that crosses the stream

The location is beautiful. Set in a wooded area over a large stream. A bit expensive but worth it. You are harnessed onto cables and slide from one platform to another in the trees. There is a special form you must use or else you may get stuck in the middle of a cable hundreds of feet in the air and have to be rescued. Very fun for the whole family. And the staff is very nice.

• Cruise

Instant Answers: Puerto Vallarta

Comments

View all Puerto Vallarta hotels