Swim with Dolphins, Puerto Vallarta

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Swim with the dolphins

by joiwatani Written Aug 9, 2012

I always wanted to swim with the dolphins in Hawaii but for some reason never done it. So, in Puerto Vallarta, I saw an pamphlet in our hotel and thought it will be a great idea for me and my daughter to experience swimming with the dolphins!

We head to the Aquaadventuras- about 45 minutes away from our hotel. The Aquaadventuras is a paradise for children and families as well. There were many children there but only a few signed up for the swimming with the dolphin because it was expensive. It was about $95 dollars per person. However, the experience was totally amazing and it was an experience of a lifetime!

My daughter was not a swimmer so she was scared the whole time but the dolphin trainers were very accommodating. The had another trainer to help her get into the dolphin and taught and assisted her so she will have a very pleasant experience.

As for me, it was so awesome to just touch the dolphin, kiss it, swim with it and play with it. We had a dolphin whose name was Jugo and he was very playful. He jumped and did tricks for us, flip its fins, splashed it's tail and allowed us to hold him.

We were given instructions and had a chance to touched the leathery skin of "Jugo", swim on its belly and being pushed by him on our feet under water.

This experience of swimming with the dolphins in Puerto Vallarta will be remembered forever.

• Beaches
    • Surfing

• jwha's Profile Photo

Dolphin Encounter

by jwha Written Sep 8, 2006

I booked this at the hotel for $60 USD after another guest told me about it. She recommended the encounter because there were too many people for the swim. So I booked the encounter. There were 5 people in my group with 2 dolphins. With the encounter, you stand on a platform in the water with a trainer where you learn about the dolphin and get to pet, hug and kiss the dolphin. It was great, however, now I wish I had booked the swim. There were quite a few people there, but they had enough dolphins, to break the groups into 5 per dolphin. Next time I am doing the swim! :)

• dlparker's Profile Photo

Swim with Dolphins

by dlparker Written Aug 24, 2003

Petting the dolphin

In Nuevo Vallarta there is a Dolphin park where you can go and swim with dolphins.
    It was fairly expensive , around $100 dollars, but it was well worth it.
    You can do a cheaper option , around 60 dollars if you want to just stand in a tank and pet the dolphins.
    Either way, it was very educational and we had a great time doing it.
    Not sure the name of the place but any cab driver should be able to take you there.

Instant Answers: Puerto Vallarta

Comments

View all Puerto Vallarta hotels