Hotels, Puerto Vallarta

Know about this?

• J_P_B's Profile Photo

Nueva Vallarta

by J_P_B Written Jan 8, 2003

Spoke to a number of people who had stayed here and regreeted it - fine if you are on an all inclusive and you never venture out of your hotel, but if you want to see anything of the old town, go more local. You'll miss out.

Unique Suggestions: Try and get into PV itself, you won't regret it - a taxi will cost you loads though.

• FishinSam's Profile Photo

Can't stomach "all-you-can-eat"...

by FishinSam Written Jan 27, 2004

If you stay at the Blue Bay near the Sheraton, the 'all-inclusive' food is something to be avoided. Spoiled fruit, flies, cold food, sour dairy products and rarely anything fresh. The previous evenings partygoers left their midnight snacks regurgitated in the corners of the eating area. The coffe was OK if you could get some.This leg of our stay in PV was a gift from my in-laws so luckily we could afford to eat elsewhere. After 3 days of trying to be first in line for fresh food we gave up. It was all slop trough buffet garbage. My wife was ill for a day after having a sandwich for lunch. We will not be returning. One good thing, this forced us to try a whole bunch of restaurants and we found a bevy of gems, all at a decent price.

Unique Suggestions: Head out and explore the other culinary possibilities available. Some of the small cafe's in old downtown and near the central park were awesome.

Fun Alternatives: I really wish I could remember the name of the litlle hotel cafe' we went to for breakfast....sorry. $11USD for 2 adults for breakfast WITH fresh pastries ...YUMMMMMMY!....I'll think on it a while.

Instant Answers: Puerto Vallarta

Comments

View all Puerto Vallarta hotels