Tourist Attractions in Puerto Vallarta

• Dark glasses hide Miguels puffy eyes at The Mayan
    Dark glasses hide Miguels puffy eyes at...
    by migykat
  • Time Share
    by joiwatani
  • Time Share
    by joiwatani

Most Viewed Tourist Traps in Puerto Vallarta

• Mindy_J's Profile Photo

Transfers with a travel agent

by Mindy_J Written Oct 16, 2006

DO NOT add on the travel transfer to and from the airport. Taxis are SOOO cheap here. Everyone wanted 35.00 per person on every travel agency site. Well, we just paid 30.00 to and from our resort, and our resort was further than most. SAVE YOUR MONEY.. it is just as convienient (the travel transfer and our taxi van were right beside eachother).

Unique Suggestions: just don't

Fun Alternatives: taxi van.. very clean. This is your first exploration into puerto vallarta.. hold on!! people drive crazy

view from the van

• taryn21's Profile Photo

Beware of Beggars

by taryn21 Updated Jun 12, 2004

If this is your first visit to Mexico, you might be surprised how many little kids there are on the streets begging for money. Lots of them are professional beggars actually, so don't get suckered into giving them money. Many of their parents are known to just go out and buy alcohol with the money earned. Of course this isn't the case with all, so I guess it's your choice what to do.

• LolaSanFrancisco's Profile Photo

Stupid slutty things you do away from home.

by LolaSanFrancisco Updated Jun 12, 2003

Don’t let the beauty of Mexico over take you, and make you do dip-*** things, such as hook up with total strangers and think it’s not only amazing but also not sluttish at all. Wrong here… note to self: don’t do this again. Here is the bloody story….

After a week of filming at the RUI in Puerto Vallarta I was finally done, on my last night. Now, mind you, I’m never ever looking to meet strange men and *** them right off the bat… well, not anymore anyhow. But I ran into a group of men I had been dancing with the night before and was introduced to a new comer to the resort who just arrived that day. Fine what-ever, I went to the Disco and started pounding shots of Tequilas and met up with 3 sisters from Canada for some dancing.

Unique Suggestions: After awhile I sat down and along came the newcomer who chatted me up nicely. After several minutes I realized he was very entertaining, and very handsome. As I was about to leave, I grabbed a bar coaster and wrote my email address down, I thought, hey- he’s cool, maybe if were ever in the same city at the same time who knows. As I turned around he was standing there, looking hot, looking at me with my dirty bar coaster with email address. Bingo – we were off.

We sat and talked on this huge theater stage, and I totally felt comfortable, and was truly enjoying myself. After a bit, he realized that they had left the theater unlocked and in a very Cary Grant kind of way suggested we go in a have a look around. All I could say was that good booze, good talk and a break-in all in on evening: Fantastic!

We tried on costumes, had a laugh, and a few smokes. Then I realized that I really really liked this man. So I asked him to kiss me. He did. We said good night at my door. Very sweet, very innocent, great beautiful background of Mexico, nice and warm and full of all things good. Dreamy.

Fun Alternatives: The next day I say him walking with two little girls, he waived at me and asked if I was leaving that day. I nodded and said I was leaving right that very second. And I did.

A week later, when I knew he was back from Mexico , I got a email from him! I was totally excited, I mean he could have just left well enough be, but nope, he wanted to start something. And for several weeks it carried on. UNTEL….

I wanted to know if he had roommates, so I asked if he lived alone. To that I found out he is married with two little girls, and they were there at the resort. He had, in plain view of everyone, had a affair on his wife WHILE ON VACATION! My god….

The End, literally.

Marival Residences & World Spa Puerto Vallarta
Fiesta Americana - Puerto Vallarta

Instant Answers: Puerto Vallarta

• Feb 21, 2013 at 10:26 AM

TAXI'S in the city of Peurto Vallarta. Some Yellow Taxi drivers operating in the downtown rip you off by giving one price and when arriving at the destination giving a higher price and try to rip you off for more. They will argue about it publically upon arrival. The drivers at the start of the Malacon are more reputable and there are often people there to support you in getting a firm price

Puerto Vallarta Tourist Traps

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Puerto Vallarta locals.
Map of Puerto Vallarta