Yelapa Things to Do

before crossing the river into town
    in town
  • Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in Yelapa

• rkearns's Profile Photo

Go see the waterfall and other stuff around Yelapa

by rkearns Written Dec 2, 2008
    falls and pool

There are a couple of waterfalls, but the closest is in town. There are two I believe. Just ask locals how to get there and they will show you. The trip is only a 20 minute walk or so, and when you get to the waterfall, there is a small bar of cold beverages to quench your thirst.

Get to know the town

by rkearns Written Nov 29, 2008
    in town

Walking around town will give you a look into everyday local life. I saw a chapel, a waterfall, little paths that led to the water's edge, horse trails, and other charming touches like soccer ball planters...I will never forget those!

• Bohemedream's Profile Photo

The Iguana Man

by Bohemedream Written Jan 31, 2008

You will see the iguana man and his iguana walking up and down the beach, hoping to pose for photos. Mr. Iguana Man caught our attention by throwing live squid on us, which was a great ice-breaker - nothing gets the conversation started quicker !! Anyways, he was a big flirt and posed with us for pictures with "Iggy" and wouldn't even take any money. (He did try to steal a few kisses, tho'...)

• Bohemedream's Profile Photo

Horseback Riding

by Bohemedream Written Jan 31, 2008

We rented horses and had planned to take a ride up river to the waterfalls. The rental horses are in a co-operative and you are assigned horses instead of getting to pick your own.
    Everything started off okay, until we had been riding for a while and I noticed a piece of fabric had come off of my horse's face. She had a very deep and badly infected wound that had been covered by the cloth. She also had a great deal of trouble negotiating the boulders on the trail, stumbling often. She was obviously in bad shape and I told the guide that the horse needed medical attention and I could no longer participate in the ride. I have owned horses in the past and it was very painful to see this beautiful horse suffering and in such bad shape.
    I was told that some of the horse owners do not seek vet care for their horses, even though there is a wonderful vet in the village, because they don't want to spend the money. I will think twice before taking another horseback ride and will probably hike in instead.

• rkearns's Profile Photo

walking around the forest's edge

by rkearns Written Nov 29, 2008

This is a place for nature lovers. Hike around the trails or take horseback and you will see beauty everywhere! Oh, and lots of mosquitoes around the river and creeks. . .

Instant Answers: Yelapa

Comments

Yelapa Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Yelapa things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Yelapa sightseeing.