Ciudad Juárez Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in Ciudad Juárez

• lashr1999's Profile Photo

by lashr1999 Written Oct 29, 2005

Cathedral of the Virgin of Guadalupe

The Cathedral was built in 1945 and had to be rebuilt in 1975 due to a fire. Since 1957 the cathedral has been the seat of the Bishop of the Diocese and has been dedicated to the Virgin of Guadalupe. The south side of the cathedral features a beautiful stained glass window representing "The Grace of God in the salvation of Mexico through the Virgin of Guadalupe", as well as the miracle of the roses.

• Study Abroad

• lashr1999's Profile Photo

Mercado Juarrez

by lashr1999 Written Oct 29, 2005

While here we headed to an indoor market which had many souvenirs. I tried on a sombrero for fun. What caught my eye was the Dia de los Muertos statues that were being sold. I had to have one. As I am not a good bargainer, I asked Roy to help me with the price. They started asking for $120, then $100, then $75. Roy got it finally for my price of $60. The market still sells candies with Mexican chill. Yes, these are the controversial candies which are banned in the states due to the fact that the chili contains lead. We walked around the market and picked up some Spanish mix tapes.

• Study Abroad

• Swingophile's Profile Photo

Bullfight

by Swingophile Updated Oct 19, 2004

Plaza del Toro

I really felt the presence of Spain, when on Easter Weekend, 2003, I saw my first Bullfight in Juarez.
    I think Juarez was an excellent place to see this. The Plaza is plenty big, lots of parking, clean, etc.

• sambarnett's Profile Photo

People watching at Plaza Principal

by sambarnett Updated Sep 2, 2002

As venders and beggars harrassed me all the way down Avenida Juárez, I was refreshingly ignored at Plaza Principal. Even the fellow sitting next to me, hawking large bags of cocaine (or something that looked like coke) paid me no mind.

This picture was taken at the intersection of Avenida Juárez and Avenida 16 de Septiembre, at least a 100 meters from the church. It was the closest I could get without having to worry about impeding someone. The plaza was packed, and being a Sunday morning the Cathedral swarmed with human activity.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

I'm afraid shopping, since...

by call_me_rhia Updated Aug 26, 2002

I'm afraid shopping, since friends had given me a huge shopping list - which turned out to be very simple. Mexican blankets, Mexican jumpers - and please no Mexican jewellery or pottery. So anyway, other than the shops by the side of the street, I also tried two places that were recommended to me: the Mercado Tipico and the Mercado Juarez. Both huge markets with plenty of goodies, for which you have to bargain - and I hate this. I went from stall to stall, quite irritated, till my irritation showed I guess: someone just offered me the things i wanted at the price I wanted - just because I looked like I was about to give up buying before I even started. I think I made that good old man's day: i bought tons of things at his shop.

Instant Answers: Ciudad Juárez

Comments

Ciudad Juárez Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Ciudad Juárez things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ciudad Juárez sightseeing.

View all Ciudad Juárez hotels