Bucerías Restaurants

• netwark's Profile Photo

Adriatico Bucerias: Great seafood and live music

by netwark Updated Apr 4, 2011

Main Course - WOW!

I recently took my family to this restaurant. It was slow season, so as with all restaurants in the area, it was fairly empty.

The waiter seated us, and placed the napkin on our lap (a small thing, but that was the first time that happened to me in Mexico). He right away got our kids drinks (Shirley Temples with extra cherries) which as a parent...is vitally important. The kids then walked about the garden and played with the Parrot they have.

The restaurant is outdoors, under a large palapa. A large tiled wall on one side gives way to the kitchen, and a couple of columns with a water feature on the opposing end.

Since it was slow season, we had time to speak with Chef Eduardo. He told us about how he used to have a restaurant in Toronto Canada also called Adriatico. We asked him to surprise us with the entrée, and for a main course, he had just got a fairly rare fish from the market, but couldn`t remember its name. We got one filet pan seared and the other grilled.

They call themselves an Italian restaurant, but when I now think of this restaurant, I think of it as Mediterranean seafood, similar to Trinity in Montreal, but without the Canadian price point of a fine dining experience.

They have live music (usually Jazz) in the evenings, but not during the low season I guess.

We enjoyed the atmosphere, the food and wine. The service was excellent, on par with fine dining back home (Montreal). The Chef did tell us about the initial trials of getting competent staff for serving, but eventually found the right people.

I would classify this in the fine dining category. I look forward to visiting again (maybe a little more romantic visit with only my wife), and hopefully get to hear some great Jazz.

Favorite Dish: The entrée arrived nicely arrayed on a large plate. A sample of giant lightly breaded shrimp, fried calamari, bruschetta and something else fried (not sure what it was). My benchmark for fine restaurants is the calamari. It was lightly coated, and so tender! I had to fight off my wife for the rest of it. The shrimp were also very good. I liked the fact that the taste of the seafood was not hidden with loads of garlic butter, but we were afforded the opportunity to really taste the seafood.

The main course next arrived, again in a large plate for us to share. It consisted of the fish (grilled and pan seared), grilled calamari, more shrimp, baby lobster tail and large scallops. We preferred the pan seared fish, it seemed to retain more flavor, although both were good. The scallops were tender, and I had never had baby lobster tail – delicious. Again, not trying to hide the flavor with loads of garlic butter! The kids stuck with spaghetti, but I convinced them to try the lobster, which they enjoyed (they are so picky).

We chose a Pinot Grigio (under $40 USD) to accompany our meal.

We were too full to try the desert, so we passed, although my son got a chocolate milkshake, and my daughter got another Shirley Temple with extra extra cherries.

• Beaches

• le provence: really different

by lindaconnor99 Written Mar 12, 2010

there is a new french restaurant in the center of bucerias,calle hidalgo,and i use to go there every week.you are tired of pasta and pizza????so just try this excellent ,traditional french food.chef eric is from marseille and his wife is german.both are really nice .
    they serve delicios seafood(coquille st jacques,bouillabaisse)and amazing stews of lamb,veal and beef.last time i had stuffed quails and my husband coq au vin.
    eric makes is own pates and everthing is fresh.
    definitely the the best restaurant in bucerias!!

Favorite Dish: boeuf bourguignon(beef stew cooked in red wine)
    coquille st,jacques(lobster,shrimps,scallops,mussels and fish)flamed with cognac
    lamb stew
    bouillabaisse(trad.fish and seafood soup of marseille)
    pate
    onion soup

• le provence,french restaurant: the best food of bucerias!!

by janelein Written Jan 1, 2010

last week i went to the new french restaurant in the center of bucerias ,le provence,and
    the food was excellent!!!the owners are really nice ,and everything they serve is really fresh.
    you have to try it,its better than every day pizza......

Favorite Dish: my favorite dish was a french fish soup,the name is bouillabaisse and my friends favorite was a delicious veal-stew

• netwark's Profile Photo

Mezzogiorno: Romantic Supper by the beach

by netwark Written Jun 8, 2008

I took my wife to Mezzogiorno. We have heard good things about this place from the locals, so we finally got to try them out.

We were seated on the back deck with a beautiful view of the ocean. Worth the visit just for the view! The decor was very good, modern and even the bathroom was funky.

The staff were very kind and helpful. Our waiter helped us pick a great wine that was not on the wine list (only sold by the glass), but which was very good and not too expensive.

Being next to the ocean, with good wine and great service was the makings of great memories. The waiter even offered a complimentary digestifs at the end that really hit the spot.

I would love to return, but order something different. The atmosphere was great, and the food was very good.

Favorite Dish: My wife ordered the Ravioli Lecther . I ordered Petto di pollo Marsala. The Ravioli was amazing. I ended up wishing I ordered that main course! The chicken was pretty good, but not as tasty as the Ravioli. I don't blame the food, I think I just ordered wrong for my mood.

• Beaches

• Eva's Brick House: Great food and people

by pishoon Written Jun 1, 2008

The restaurant is very welcoming, is the only place with air condition in town, the food is very good price. The owners are very generous and is a very fun place to be at any time, They open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The best is weekends dinner they have live music and a great bar service.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish is the grill and the pastas.

• School Holidays

• jstocco's Profile Photo

YO YO MO'S: Best Italian in Mexico

by jstocco Written Apr 3, 2008

YO YO's is a sports bar in the middle of town. The owners are very nice, and the food is GREAT! Also, the drinks are cheap and good. The owners are from Canada, so if you like hockey it is always on! They also have darts, pool tables and...yes...dominoes! All around it is a great place. Great food, great people and a great time!

Favorite Dish: make sure to try the meatball sub and any of the pizzas!

• emmicat's Profile Photo

Sandrina's Restaurante: Friendly and Relaxed

by emmicat Updated Jul 20, 2006

Okay, in a small Mexican village my favorite restaurant advertises itself as "Mediterranean & Greek". It's owned by a Candadian couple and serve the best lasagna and ceaser salad. The staff is friendly and welcoming and the food excellent. They also have free internet service for customers and a small exchange library of pocket books for "beach reads". Sandrina's is open for lunch and dinner and when I was there they were talking about opening a small gift shop specializing in local jewelry.

The tables are set in a large patio with plenty of space between them. Lots of greenery, art, and eclectic decorations. As a single woman traveller I felt very comfortable there - never rushed, always treated well.

• yeah_baby's Profile Photo

Royal Decam Complex Restaurants

by yeah_baby Written Sep 29, 2004

The food was so good, they have about 6 or 8 restaurants, and 6 bars scattered all through the complex, so you never have to go far to get a drink!!

I consider myself a pretty picky eater, but I experienced no problems. Every meal was good. From the fresh fruit and eggs anyway you want them for breakfast, to burgers and buffet at lunch, to elegant dinners in the specialty restaurants.

Make sure to make your reservations for the specialty restaurants early in the morning to avoid being shut out.

.Drinks: Wide variety, and Sol beer on tap.Activities: Plenty. Nightly entertainment (which was quite entertaining most nights).

Thai/Japanese ala carte restaurants were relocated to sections of the buffet areas (but separated by bamboo dividers).

Instant Answers: Bucerías

Comments

Bucerías Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bucerías restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bucerías sightseeing.