Punta de Mita Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in Punta de Mita

Snorkelling in Punta de Mita

by joiwatani Written Aug 9, 2012

Snorkelling is great at the Punta de Mita. For us, we rented a boat to the Marietas Islands and had seen different fishes there. I think, it is more fun fishing than snorkelling because I had an urge of catching the huge fishes!

Hairbraiders at the beach

by joiwatani Updated Aug 9, 2012

When we were in Belize, there was this woman who was braiding hair at the cruise ship's terminal. There were children in line for their hair braided for $10! My daughter Sierra was envious of the other children and also wanted her hair done. However, the braider was braiding too long and we didn't have time. My daughter Sierra was so sad that I didn't allow her to have her hair done at that time. In Punta de Mita, Sierra got so lucky because there was a lady walking around selling jewelries and knew how to braid hair. She could not sell any of her jewelries so she asked me if I wanted my daughter's hair be braided. She showed me a picture and she told me the price. She even told me that it included the hair accessories.

To compensate what I owe my daughter in Belize, I allowed my daughter to have her hair done! And, it was done fast. This girl can braid fast. She braided Sierra's hair within 15 minutes! I paid the girl $10 including the hair accessories.

My daughter Sierra was so happy to have her hair done! And, she looked beautiful. As for me, I was pretty happy as well since I will not be telling her to comb her hair for a week!

Learning how to surf

by joiwatani Written Aug 9, 2012

For a small amount of money (in pesos) you can learn how to surf in Punta De Mita. The waves are not strong enough and it is great for learning.

I had seen a lot of father and daughter duos going out to the beach and the dads are teaching their daughters how to surf.

• Surfing

Fishing in Punta De Mita

by joiwatani Written Aug 9, 2012

I rented a boat for about two hours and head down to the Islas Marietas. On our way back, I saw this guy fishing. According from the owner of the boat that I rented, this guy had been there overnight and there's a lot of big fish here.

Some rent boats for fishing here. Not sure about the rent for overnight, but my rent was $100 for two hours - but that included a tour around the island, snorkelling, feeding the fishes, swimming in the Islas Marietas and the boat owner waited for us while we were swimming! He provided the gears, etc.

• Fishing

Paddling in Punta De Mita

by joiwatani Written Aug 9, 2012

I sat on the beach watching my daughter swimming and saw these guys paddling their surf boards. They were not actually surfing but paddling!

It is kind of cool to see a lot of them. They were all standing up paddling the boards.

Surfing in Punta De Mita

by joiwatani Written Aug 9, 2012

This must be one of the surfers' paradise because I saw a lot of surfers in the area. However, I didn't see a lot of rentals for surf boards (so make sure to bring your own!).

There are local surfers here who are amazing. The waves are not that big but good enough for average surfers and learners.

One great thing about the beach here ( I went only to one - down below where the bus from Puerto Vallarta loops around and wait for passengers), there are not a lot of tourists. So, surfing is safer.

• Surfing

• Boat ride

Isle's off of Punta de Mita

Huga the boat capitano took us around the island after snorkeling... we got to see all types of bird species and crabs and rock formations. The island was used as a bombing target years ago, and you could see where parts of the island were torn or chunks missing, it's sooo beautiful, we went thru a few open holes and snorkeled in and around it.

• Snorkeling

Ocean fishies

This is what came to the boat when we stopped, actually I had a banana peel from the trip out and they took it out of my bag to feed the fish. These guys will eat anything and trained to come to the boats when they stop here.

• Go fishing

waiting to go

You all know what an Alaskan outdoorsey gal I am and how much I love to fish, well fish for anything, and that I did. We did a 4hr fishing snorkelig adventure off of punta de mita to the Isle's, it's beautiful over there! I would recommend this to anyone. And although there were no fish other then red snappers to be caught it was stil FUN to me...

• Talk to the locals

VALLENTIN

You know how much I love love people, and this little guy stayed in the hotel, I think his father was a worker from out of town, brought his family and vallentin was happy to see and talk to strangers under the watchful eye of his mother... she was very attentive to him, I see that they ate dinner every night together. Vallentin drew pics of animals for me, we played w/his dinosaurs, a typical curious friendly little boy... He gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek goodbye, I gave his momma a bag of fuji apples and some orange slices for them, as the agriculture inspection might take it away from us on our return to Puerto Vallarta.

• Visit w/the Locals

Jesus and his wife

Ok, this hotel that we stayed at, Hotel Coco's, a mexicano named Jesus ran it, could not speak english, and my broken spanish is horrid... I managed to get Dos Diaz, 2 days and gave him the money and he got a key for me and brought me to the room.

Jetskiing in Punta de Mita

by joiwatani Written Aug 9, 2012

I saw some people who rented a jetski in Punta De Mita. However, the jetskiers were just close to the beach and afraid to go far out the horizon.

• Water Sports

• Hug the kids

by extremist Written Jun 4, 2005

kiss from my mexico sweetie

This is the little boy my heart got attached to, he was such a warm, smiley happy little guy, curious.

Instant Answers: Punta de Mita

Comments

Punta de Mita Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Punta de Mita things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Punta de Mita sightseeing.

View all Punta de Mita hotels