Places to eat in Monterrey

the restaurant's interior

Most Viewed Restaurants in Monterrey

Sierra Madre Brewing Company: A beer lovers delight

by Sinjoor Written Jun 3, 2013

Sierra Madre Brewing Company is a very elegant brewery annex restaurant, which has eight subsidiaries in the city of Monterrey, Mexico. The one I've visited so far has an interior which is agreeable and spacious. The staff is professional and forthcoming. The general atmosphere is one comfort and " savoir vivre". Being a brewing company it obviously presents a number of very fine beers.

the subsidiary on Garza Sada Avenue Teacher's Day lunch with colleagues the restaurant's interior one of the available beers the colleagues and I enjoying our delicious meal
    • Beer Tasting

Golden Pizza: A restaurant deserving of its name

by Sinjoor Updated May 11, 2013

A new addition to Monterrey's culinary array is the little, but cosy restaurant Golden Pizza, well deserving of its name. since the pizza's are delicious. The owner Oscar is a driven young man who runs his family atmosphere restaurant professionally. He receives his costumers forthcoming and hospitable, helped in this by q number of his family members.

Favorite Dish: In view of the restaurant's recent opening I haven't had the chance to taste very many of its products yet. Those that I did sample were excellent however.

the restaurant by day the restaurant's billboard the menu the restaurant by night the owner Oscar and yours truly with my VT flag

• Sinjoor's Profile Photo

Tosti Chicken: honest and delicious low budget kitchen

by Sinjoor Written May 5, 2013

Tosti chicken is a small, but cosy and clean restaurant, which I regularly visit on the way from work.The food is delicious and professionally prepared and the owner and his staff receive their costumers friendly and hospitable.

Favorite Dish: Because of the fact that all dishes re equally delicious it is hard to choose a favourite. Being a Belgian expatriate however, I never fail to have whatever I choose accompanied by a dish of their deliciously prepared fries.

the restaurant's exterior the interior with courier Antonio and the owner

• Sinjoor's Profile Photo

Toks: delicious dishes from Mexico and abroad

by Sinjoor Written May 5, 2013

Toks is a chain of restaurants throughout the Mexican territory. As yet I have only been able to enjoy one of them, but if this restaurant is emblematic for all of them, it's well worth mentioning. The interior is very elegant and welcoming, the staff is very costumer-friendly and forthcoming. The food is well prepared and the accompanying beverages, such as wines etc very delicious.

Favorite Dish: I have no favourite dishes as yet, but I can state that the entire menu looks very delicious. I had meat medallions in red wine sauce which were exactly as they should be, accompanied by a delicious Spanish wine.

TOKS by night MEDALLONES DE RES AL VINO TINTO my medallions and my wife's San Francisco Salad my wife and me enjoying dinner at TOKS

Las Tenerias: Venician impressions

by Sinjoor Written Mar 18, 2013

Las Tenerias is a cozy restaurant located along one of the city's main tourist attractions, the canal called Paseo Santa Lucia. Sitiing at the tables placed along the water's edge,one may, with some imagination, have the feeling to be Venice, Italy. The food is exquisit and the staff are exceptionally forthcoming. The price range is in good relation to the quality of the dishes and service, without being exorbitant.

the restaurant's card

• John195123's Profile Photo

Soon!: Name Coming Soon

by John195123 Updated Mar 12, 2008

Buffet or menu ordered, they serve excellent enchiladas con mole and other local dishes, and there is a bar next door. This restaurant is located inside a bookstore, of all places, but as soon as I find my receipt, I will get the details.

Favorite Dish: Enchiladas con mole- though that's really all I ate there.

• Study Abroad
    • Work Abroad

• MrNoNo's Profile Photo

Cafe Infinito: Great Little Hide Out!

by MrNoNo Written Sep 22, 2006

So there I was wandering the neigborhoods around Central Monterrey and I suddenly stopped at this street corner. I can't tell you what caught my attention but I crossed the street to look at this menu that was half hidden on the side of a building that really didn't strike me as all that special. I went inside. Thank my lucky stars that I did. What I found was the most wonderful Cafe inside of a 100 year old building. On the left of you are bookshelves full of good reads which you are free to borrow while you enjoy your time there. The cafe is quiet and small and the people there are very friendly. Unfortunately I had already eaten dinner so I didn't get to try the food but I am itching to go back and see them again.

Favorite Dish: Sol.

• TexasDave's Profile Photo

Dona Tota: Mexican Fast Food (Watch out McDonald's)

by TexasDave Updated Aug 15, 2006

This is a chain of Mexican fast food specializing in "Gorditas". A woman, Dona Tota, started with one stall in Ciudad Victoria, Tamaulipas and now they are all over Northern Mexico.

Favorite Dish: Gorditas are thick corn tortillas that are sliced and made into a pocket, like a pita, and then filled with different meats, cheeses, etc.
    I recommend cochinita pibil (pulled pork in a spicy sauce) and the mole. And in the long honored fast food joint tradition, they even have combos which include a drink!

• DriftingDavila's Profile Photo

El Callejon (I believe): The Best Mexican Food Ever!!!

by DriftingDavila Written Jul 26, 2004

As we were walking down a side street near the Cultual Museum (Barrio Antiguo) the museam where you can rent the paddle boats, we stumbled upon the cutest little hole in the wall restaurant. We were hungry, thirsty, hot and desperate to get off the street. As we walk into this charming eatery we were greeted by tthe kindest woman, after ordering two Indios (a local beer) we were brought our beer w/ a frosty mug (we knew at that precise moment that this was a great restaurant. We were then brought homemade chips w/ three different types of salsas and a bowl of guacamole, these were some of the best salsas I had ever tasted. We ordered a parriada for two and were brought a cast iron skillet filled with three types of meat (fajita, bistek & ?), plus sausage, grilled onions, and queso fundido (goat chesse w/ chorizo on top). Every time our beer got low or salsa ran out we were brought a replacement. We left very much satisfied with the food and the price.

• luisrobledo's Profile Photo

Restaurants in shopping areas: Warning abut the eating sites

by luisrobledo Written Jun 6, 2004

If you feel hungry and you be in Monterrey downtown, you can see very much shopping centers, wich have restaurants, the food is much variety, from burgers, ht dogs, chinese food, to regional food and more. You can enjoy secure eating, If you want a best place you can go to the hotels, where, else, english is spoken. In shopping centers is not secure the people who speak english, but you can eat very good.

Plaza Mexico Restaurants
    • Study Abroad
    • Business Travel

• Los Arcos: Great Pacific Seafood

by pedrom Written Jan 24, 2004

They specialize in seafood from the Pacific. Everything is very fresh and very well prepared. The prices are reasonable.

The restaurant is very colorful and bright, and the music is good. The staff is great. Don't expect a waiter to ignore you. And if you want something to go along with what you ordered, just ask. Try to get there before 9:OO p.m., to avoid the crowds.

It's very easy to find. If you aren't familiar with Monterrey, get a map. It's on the south side of what I think is called the "Rio Santa Catarina"; at least it's opposite Constitution Avenue.

Favorite Dish: Try the stuffed avocados. Although it's shown as an appetizer, it's a meal in itself. Aguacate relleno de cameron. They're huge.

Try the filet of fish if you like baked or broiled fish. Ask what the daily special is.

I haven't ordered it myself, but a friend ordered fish that I think was called "Los Cabos." That's what I'll be ordering next time.

Try the stuffed shrimp(camarones rellenos). Bet you can't eat them all.

Finally, if you have any room left, they bring a dessert tray that would make Dr. Atkins cringe.

They have separate menus in English and Spanish.

• arteimagen's Profile Photo

Trigo Limpio: Light meal

by arteimagen Written Sep 10, 2003

NIce ambient, clean and easy to go walking from downtown.

Favorite Dish: Very taste and healty meals, I love teh youguth ice cream whit a variety of fruits at your choose for only 3.50 USD, other healthy meals can be founded here.

healty meal

• Taqueria Juarez: Mexican Antojitos

by madsmty Updated Aug 6, 2003

One style of traditional food "Antojitos Mexicanos" which includes enchiladas, tacos, tostadas, and flautas. Restaurant is a nice, clean, and inexpensive example of typical mexican food. Only drawback is its downtown location, not the nicest of locations for this kind of place.

Favorite Dish: Ask for a combined plate. 2 Enchiladas, 2 Tostadas, 2 Tacos and 2 Flautas. A very unique flavor I have not found in any other restaurant in Mexico. Also do not miss the red salsa, the avocado salsa, and the potatoes that go with each plate or on a side order. Dessert choices come in a basquet full of regional candy.

• TinyTuck's Profile Photo

Mexican Restaurants

by TinyTuck Updated Nov 20, 2002

- Hacienda San Angel (Paseo de los Leones 1150)
    - Ricos Antojería
    - El Gran Pastor (all you can eat buffet)
    are definately a good choice! They all offer delicious Mexican food!
    "Cabrito" (lamb) is the local specialty.

Favorite Dish: Tacos, Quesadillas, Fajitas, ...

Ricos Antojer��a

• arteimagen's Profile Photo

Ok This restaurant is 30 Km...

by arteimagen Written Sep 8, 2002

Ok This restaurant is 30 Km away from Monterrey, in El Alamo town, but you must to be there!!! every body know it. These restaurant is plenty of history, since beginings of 1900. Ask for the history of the black bear, the UFOs around this hat, and other tales.
    I think is the unique Mexican Hat shape restaurant in Mexico

Favorite Dish: Regional cuisine: Machacado con huevo (egg and dry meat), Menudo (I dont know how to tell you but is great)

Monterrey Hotels

Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
La Casa del Barrio
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews

Instant Answers: Monterrey

Comments

Monterrey Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Monterrey locals.
Map of Monterrey