Local Dogs, Monterrey

• John195123's Profile Photo

Dogs

by John195123 Written Jan 17, 2005

Dogs on Guard

Dogs, in the sense we normally consider them, at least from the perspective of American or European societies, are pets. Here they are pets as well, but often are not as forgiving of trespassers as our pooch might unfortunately be. While there are the well-fed, house-trained, guard dogs that bark from behind a fence, there are also the haggard, mean street dogs who bark and follow and threaten. Be careful, walking around, of dogs. They are not the same as they may be at home. I know in many countries they are this way, not quite as domesticated as we have them in the US. Getting bit by a dog is not fun, especially when the dog is unknown. So be careful. I carry a knife, when I can, and any other makeshift device to deter attack (a good, heavy stick will do)... but don´t assume, for those of you unfamiliar with the world´s dogs, that the dogs are as they are at home.

• John195123's Profile Photo

Dogs

by John195123 Written Jan 17, 2005

Instant Answers: Monterrey

Comments

Other Warnings and Dangers in Monterrey