Know about this? Rate It!
Craft shops on Alcala: Memories at Christmas-time
What to buy: I collect Nativity scenes, and the ones from South and Central America appeal to me particularly. I found my Mexican one in Oaxaca. The choice was huge, themed in every colour imaginable, but I liked this little rustic one - its natural colours and naive charm were more to my taste than the rich reds, purlpes, emerald greens, etc of others I saw.
I also found Christmas tree balls - not of glass but woven grass, another Oaxacan craft.
What to pay: The Nativities are priced according to how many pieces make up the scene - some have an enormous number of characters. There's one for every budget.
My straw balls were less than $1 each.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Oaxaca de Juárez Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Wheeling Hotels
- Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge Hotels
- Kelheim Hotels
- Bloomington Hotels