Santo Domingo Tehuantepec Travel Guide

Panno
  • Favorites

Santo Domingo Tehuantepec Restaurants

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written May 10, 2012

The restaurant of the hotel had as much atmosphere as a factory canteen. Though there were great panno on the wall according to the Mexican theme. We waited for our breakfast almost 20 minutes. The breakfast (toasts, butter, jam, and scrambled eggs, French-style biscuits) didn’t fit to 4-stars hotel (as they considered themselves) and we left Tehuantepec being almost hungry.

You can watch my 2 min 26 sec Video Tehuantepec Hotel Calli in the morning out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.

Santo Domingo Tehuantepec Transportation

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written May 10, 2012

Mexican Federal Highway 190 (Carretera Federal 190) is a Federal Highway of Mexico. Federal Highway 190 is split into two segments: the first segment travels from Puebla in the west and Santo Domingo Tehuantepec, Oaxaca in the east via Oaxaca de Juares.
    It is a part of the Pan-American Highway.
    Though the distance between Oaxaca de Juares and Santo Domingo Tehuantepec is about 300 km it’s rather difficult way because the road lays through mountains.
    It took us 5 hours to reach Tehuantepec from Santa Maria del Tule (which is close to Oaxaca de Juares).
    We overcame several passes. The elevation of Santa Maria is 1600m. We raised up to 2000m (400m up), then descended to 900m (1100m down), then raised to 1300m (400m up), then descended to 700m (600m down), then raised to 1300m (600m up), then descended to 600m (700m down), raised to 900m (300m up), and finally descended to 50m (850m down).
    Now you can imagine how difficult our way was!

You can watch my 7 min 04 sec Video Oaxaca-Tehuantepec out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.

Our zebra-bus in Tehuantepec

Santo Domingo Tehuantepec Tourist Traps

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written May 10, 2012

Our tour around Mexico had the name “Five Civilizations”. It begins in Mexico City and finishes in Cancun (the Caribbean Sea of the Atlantic Ocean). Tehuantepec is located only 20 km from the coast of the Pacific Ocean. So in my opinion it was rather natural to reach the coast and have a look at the Pacific Ocean or even to swim in it! In that case we could give the second name to our tour “Between the two Oceans”! I asked our guide to give us a chance to have a short stop on the coast of the Pacific Ocean, but she unfortunately refused… I wanted to make it myself alone after we got to the hotel. But it was already dark in the evening, I didn’t know the way there and I had to give up this idea… It was a pity…

Santo Domingo Tehuantepec Favorites

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written May 10, 2012

Favorite thing: The only plus of the hotel in Tehuantepec was the pool. Though it was already dark by the time we'd settled in, I could appreciate swimming after a long and difficult way from Oaxaca to Tehuantepec.
    It was about -25C in Moscow when I left Moscow and came to Mexico with its +25C! Feel the difference! Though it was also winter for Mexicans but for me it was hot summer. That’s why I took every advantage to swim in hotel’s pools.

You can watch my 49 sec Video Tehuantepec Hotel Calli evening out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.

Instant Answers: Santo Domingo Tehuantepec

Comments

Santo Domingo Tehuantepec Travel Guide
Map of Santo Domingo Tehuantepec