Querétaro Restaurants

Sculpture
    View from main entrace
    Inside the Restaurant

Most Recent Restaurants in Querétaro

• Hacienda La Laborcilla: Simply delightful!

by joe_315 Written Jan 24, 2012

The terrace

What can I say the food is excellent, but the best part of this Restaurant is the ambience and the decor?

The Restaurant's decor ranges from a variety of classical statues to Egyptian sphinxes.

Words can't explain it…

• JessieLang's Profile Photo

House of the Five Patios: Elegance

by JessieLang Written Jun 20, 2009

The House of the Five Patios was originally a very elegant home, built in the 18th Century by one of the richest men in Mexico. (He owned a silver mine.) And, yes, Maximilian was here! He was a guest once in 1867.

Later, in the 1920s, the house was a Catholic girls’ school. After that, the downstairs was used as a warehouse for Corona beer, with the owners of the distributorship living upstairs. I'm not sure when it became a restaurant.

The food was good, and the surroundings were lovely.

• JessieLang's Profile Photo

Harry's Bar: For something different...

by JessieLang Written Jun 20, 2009

The food is Mexican, and very good, but the atmosphere is New Orleans. The night we were there, they had a combo—two Mexicans and a Russian—playing American jazz.

The music was outside, and it had to compete with the clowns performing on the other side of Constitution Plaza.

• alfredop's Profile Photo

Hacienda los Laureles: Mexican food on the best atmosphere

by alfredop Updated Jun 23, 2006

Great atmosphere

This is my favorite place in Queretaro. It's an old Hacienda transformed into two of the best restaurants in town: Hacienda los Laureles at the patio and Los Encantos inside the building.

Weekends have an special atmosphere as they have live mariachi and banda music. The coolest place to visit for foreigners.

Prices are a bit expensive but worth for what you get.

Favorite Dish: Everything is amazing, including live pop music and mariachi every day.

• alfredop's Profile Photo

Italianni's: Amazing Italian

by alfredop Written Jun 18, 2006

Part of a restaurant chain that is available along Mexico at major cities.

This restaurant sends out a young and friendly vibe that is very appealing to families. Delicious Italian specialties in the form of huge plates of pasta, desserts and salads are what they specialize in - it's not unusual to share your meal with your fellow diners. There is live music on Tuesday and Thursday at 9pm. This is an excellent place for celebrations; if it is your birthday, the waiters will sing to you and bring you a cake.

Favorite Dish: I would definetely recommend Fettuccini with Chicken, Lasagne and Salmon with Oregano.

• El Meson de la Corregidoro: Location! Atmosphere!

by skyhopper Written Mar 24, 2005

We ate here often because the prices were the most reasonable of any of the restaurants on this plaza, the food was consistently good, as well as the drinks, always live music - singers, and we love the atmosphere on Plaza Corregidora. Average meals run 45 pesos.

Favorite Dish: Quessidila Courizo is very good!

• Cantina Monument Plaza: El Torro!

Bartender at La Cantina

You can't miss this place. This atmospheric bar is filled with bullfight memorabelia including at least 20 stuffed bull heads. It's mainly a bar that I guess has a fixed lunch. We got it, we ate it, but there was absolutely no English spoken, although everyone was extremely friendly and glad to have us there. We asked for a menu and there was none. As the waiter rambled off some foods, we said yes when we recognized one or two, but we ended up getting a 4 course lunch that was delicious for practically nothing. I think they basically serve the same set menu for a fixed price and everything is included. For lunch the 2 of us each got soup, 2 taquitos, 2 shredded beef with saft tacos, and rice, popcorn and for dessert - ground beef salad. We also had 2 margaritas and 2 beer between us and the bill came to 120 Pesos total (about $10.50).

Favorite Dish: The shredded beef.

• El Naranjo: Great cappucino and pastery

Guerraro Plaza

I frequented El Naranjo, with it's pricey, but delicious cappacino, at 25 Pesos. They are known for their spiced coffee (spiced with liquor) that goes for 40 Pesos. They offer breakfast and snacks. 4 tables outside on Guerraro Plaza and a few indoors. I just liked relaxing on the plaza and watching life go buy and this is a great place to do it!

• La Hacienda de Don Ramon: Mariachis every night!

Mariachi band at Hacienda Don Ramon

This place is known by all the locals in Queretaro who come to hear the excellent mariachi bands. Its a large lively place, very Mexican modern and upscale. The food was great, but the Mariachi band was the real highlight, great performers! Wonderful atmosphere!! One of the only places that offers nightly mariachi music. Out of the center, but just a 20 Peso taxi ride from the center. Reasonable prices for the entertainment and atmosphere. Waiters and management speak English.

Favorite Dish: I had the "ram," believe it or not, but it was superb, must have been slow roasted all day, cooked Mexican style.

• Music

• San Miguelito: For a night of romance and fine food don't miss

Interior - San Miguelito

The setting can't be beat. It is in the newly renovated house of 5 patios, completely restored and adorned with museum quality pieces including art work, buffets, chairs, etc. Truly elegent!! Reservations are definitly needed on weekends. We were there on a night of some kind of a culminating dinner for a large group (about 60) of US college students. Entertainment included live music, mainly singers, but more as background music, so you could still enjoy conversation. They serve enormous margaritas, so what out for them! My one night eating non-Mexican was here as they offered choose your own addins for pasta and it looked great. I wasn't disappointed. It was wonderful and only 75 pesos. My husband got a Mexican beef dish (forgot the name), but he was very pleased. They serve a good selection of mexican dishes, as well as steaks, seafood and pasta. Our appetizer was also wonderful. With 2 margaritas, 3 beers, and appetizer and 2 main dishes, our bill was 505 Pesos, or $45. We couldn't have eaten at a place like this in the US for double the amount. The service was excellent despite the fact that most of the waiters were waiting on the group and our waiter had about 7 tables. Our only complaint was having to wait 90 minutes for the bill. Literally! Many customers got up and stormed out after the same frustration intrying to get a bill. We spoke to the management about it afterward and he explained that the group had insisted upon individual bills for all which really overwhelmed them, especially since only one employee is allowed to make out the bills on the computer. Although my husband still fumes about it, I'd give them another try considering what they have to offer. They have a truly magical bar area, which has to be seen to be believed, but they do charge a cover, I think 60 pesos to gete in.

• Architecture

• biljah's Profile Photo

Fogao: All the meat you can eat!

by biljah Written Jul 2, 2004

All you can eat for 100 pesos or just under 10 American Dollars. They give you every type of freshly cut meat you can imagine, and a sald bar that would satisfy an non carnivorous appitite. I personaly am a carnivore! I love all of the meat expecially the Arrachera.

• Aelena23's Profile Photo

Ibis: Salchichas. Agua fresca del día. Bring appetite.

by Aelena23 Written Jun 16, 2004

Ibis is a restaurant and also a natural foods/goods store. But it is primarily a restaurant, dimly lit, cool, deep, and full of relaxed people having sorta upscale vegetarian cuisine. Not haughty upscale, just good stuff. The menu is extensive, and the service is very polite. Which means, a little annoyed with too many questions, but certainly willing to help. Next time I will bring a dictionary.

Favorite Dish: Pretty much anything here can be had with fake meat...and it's pretty good. Also, here's a theme that seems to run through my restaurant tips: it's cheap.

Lakshmi: Ooh, hamburguesa, Mexican-style

by Aelena23 Written Jun 16, 2004

Lakshmi is a natural foods store mixed with a restaurant and bakery; it feels like a deli. Everything is fresh and vegetarian, and if you're early enough, you can get the comida corrida. I still have not managed to do this, but that's okay...the veggie burgers rock.

Favorite Dish: Hamburger! YOU try being a vegetarian in Mexico. A good veggie burger is indispensable. Lakshmi offers all kinds of good things in addition, including yogurt, juices, bakery items, some desserts...along with mindboggling "health" products. Man, I just want to buy shampoo without rendered cows in it...instead, my options are placenta hair wash and something else I couldn't translate. Hello, Procter & Gamble.

• Aelena23's Profile Photo

Nachos: Got a buck fifty?

by Aelena23 Written Jun 16, 2004

Go on in. You can be an out-of-place girl from away clutching a copy of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. They'll still treat you right. The guys at the bar watching raunchy MTV videos? They won't bother you. The women dining together on the other side? They won't, either. Nachos is across the street from where I live, right outside my bedroom window, and mariachis sing me to sleep at least twice a week.

Favorite Dish: State apologetically, "Soy vegetariana. ¿Hay algo que puedo comer?" Your server will probably look at you strangely and suggest a salad. Get it con queso! And a Corona...if you are asked something after ordering this last thing, it probably means, bottle or draft? I would have preferred the draft, but I got the bottle. Still, both items together were 15 pesos. Great peoplewatching. Good salad. Yum, aguacate. I can't identify the cheese, though. It's like a mix between panela y oaxaca.

• pauly_queretaro's Profile Photo

La Jaiba Loca: Mejor Mariscos de Queretaro

by pauly_queretaro Written Mar 19, 2004

This restaurant was just opened in 2000 and it was one of the nicest restaurants in Quertaro at the time. I have heard from in-laws that it is till very popular. This restaurant (the crazy crab in english) has a very tropical look with a thatch style roof and palm trees outside and beautiful colorful decoration inside. This is where my wife and I had our first date and I have very fond memories of this place. They serve the best shrimp cocktail in all of Queretaro. Be sure to check out this place if visiting this beautiful city!

• School Holidays
    • Study Abroad

Instant Answers: Querétaro

Comments

Querétaro Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Querétaro restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Querétaro sightseeing.