Booze, Cancún

Know about this? Rate It!

• Booze
    by taryn_treloar
  • gipper84's Profile Photo

Swing bars

by gipper84 Written Jun 28, 2005

This picture is from the website

Favorite thing: One of my most fondest memories of Cancun was the swing bars. They were really neat because you actually go up and sit and a swing and are waited on for drinks. It is also a really neat place to meet people. People at the bars are always willing to chat with ya. I met a girl named Jitka from the Czech Republic there. She was telling me about her husband and her getting married and how people from their country and other parts of Europe like to come and get married in Cancun. We had a quite interesting conversation while her husband was in the restroom. This is a good place to come and relax, meet new people, and enjoy a good drink. It is also a fondest memory of mine. Sorry this is a generic photo because I did not get one while on the resort.

• gipper84's Profile Photo

Mini bar in room

by gipper84 Written Jun 28, 2005

Favorite thing: One of the neatest things about the Moon palace rooms was the fact that they provided you with you very own mini bar in the actual room, and they filled it daily. David and I rarely used our drinks, but when we all got together in his parents room with the dining room and all we used the mini bar for a few shots of scotch which went well with our supper. I just thought I would add this, because it really adds alittle bit more to the already outstanding rooms offered at the Moon Palace, and I thought it was neat.

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo

Relax in Paradise

by Etoile2B Updated Feb 8, 2005

Mai Tais on the beach with the girlies

Favorite thing: When in Cancun do as the Spring Breakers do! That seems to be the motto around here. Most people come to Cancun to relax, lay in the sun and party. So while you're here don't forget to grab a beach chair on the sparkling white sand, order a margarita and take the time to enjoy the most gorgeous waters that surround you. Relax with your amigas, forget your troubles and leave the rest of the world behind you for the brief moments you're in this party paradise.

Fondest memory: Enjoying the sun and scenery with my girlfriends. I don't get to see them on a daily basis any longer so it was nice to have a little unadulterated "us" time with the "girlies".

• Spa and Resort
    • Singles
    • Beaches

• taryn_treloar's Profile Photo

Do it up!

by taryn_treloar Written Dec 12, 2003

Rachel and Me

Favorite thing: I loved the clubs (and the fact that I got in free everytime) I just had a way of convincing the bouncers that I really needed to dance and by my enthusiasm others would follow. (which they obviously did!)

Drink every night, take it easy during the day....that's the way to go in my point of view (unless you're in Cancun for an extended period of time)

Rachel and I followed by those guidlines!

10 shots of tequila later....yum yum yum!

Fondest memory: EVERYTHING!

I met some pretty interesting and amazing people as well. I think about them often still. I was there for two weeks, a week longer than most, and it still wasn't enough time.

I will go back, and I bet I'll love it even more.

TEQUILA, MACARENA AND...

Favorite thing: TEQUILA, MACARENA AND MARRIACHIS

The group of musician in the left picture was performing live in the street. I had to stop to listen at what they were playing. A song I've heard in the 70s' and many times after but couldn't recall the name!

So I asked those guys and even if they didn't understand english they knew exactly my question and answered all together very loudly and laughing TEQUILA !

Another strange musical encounter was one day at the pool where a bunch of tourists in bathing suits was performing a strange dance ritual under the supervision of the pool-play-master.

It looked so silly but the music was very catchy. That was my first time when I heard the soon-to-be popular dance MACARENA.

The next day I found myself in a music store trying to buy those two songs.

Tequila was easy but I couldn't find Macarena. I decided to ask the store's 2 girls which didn't speak english but after a while and me even humming the music (heh, heh) they suddenly jumped from behind the desk and shouted all together MACARENA and started to dance it at my stupefaction! That was the weirdest shopping experience I've had so far but fun to remember afterwards!!

...and here are the lyrics of MACARENA in Spanish and English and a version for MACARENA Haters (LOL)!

SpanishEnglish

Dale a tu cuerpo alegria Macarena
    Que tu cuerpo es pa' darle alegria y cosa buena
    Dale a tu cuerpo alegria Macarena
    Ehhhh, Macarena

Macarena tiene un novio que se llama
    Que se llama de apellido Vitorino
    Y en la jura de bandera del muchacho
    Se la dio con dos amigos
    Macarena, Macarena, Macarena

Que le gusta los veranos de Marbella
    Macarena, Macarena, Macarena

Que le gusta la movida guerrilera
    Macarena suena con el Corte Ingles
    Y se compra los mnodelos mas modernos
    Le gustaria vivir en Nueva York
    Y ligar un novio nuevo

Give your body pleasure, Macarena
    Because your body is for giving it pleasure and good things
    Give your body pleasure, Macarena
    Ehhhh, Macarena

Macarena has a boyfriend whose name is
    Whose last name is Vitorino
    And during his military swearing in
    She got together with two of his friends
    Macarena, Macarena, Macarena

Who likes the summers of Marbella
    Macarena, Macarena, Macarena

Who likes the guerrila lifestyle
    Macarena dreams of the Corte Inglesi§
    And she likes the most recent fashions
    She'd like to live in New York
    And trap a new boyfriend

There's only one way to prepare macaroni.

You need a little bit of spam and a lot of baloney.

I don't want no ziti or lame rigatoni

I wantttt macaroniiiiiii!!!!!

I guess you met my boyfriend

The one they call Boy-AR-dee

I don't want him

I can't stand him

He can't me satisfy no more

He tried to please me with his beefaroni

And he is a whiz with stuffed canelloni

But everything he makes is just too phony

It aiiiiiiin't macaroniiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!

MACARENA DANCEMEANING OF MACARENA

...and here the steps, not as complicated as it might seem at first glance:

COME ON, IT IS EASY

Step 1: Right arm out palm down.

Step 2: Left arm out palm down.

Step 3: Right arm out palm up.

Step 4: Left arm out palm up.

Step 5: Right hand grabs inside of the left arm.

Step 6: Left hand grabs inside of the right arm.

Step 7: Right hand grabs behind right back of NECK.

Step 8: Left hand grabs behind left back of NECK.

Step 9: Right hand on left front pants pocket.

Step 10: Left hand on right front pants pocket.

Step 11: Right hand on right back pants pocket.

Step 12: Left hand on left back pants pocket.

Step 13: Move your butt to the left.

Step 14: Move your butt to the right.

Step 15: Move your butt to the left.

Step 16: Clap and turn 90 degrees to the right.

REPEAT until you collapse!

LOLOLOL ....

The basic meaning of Macarena is *Let's enjoy dancing*. The content of the lyrics is also *Give your body pleasure, Macarena*.

At the same time, Macarena is the name of a vain girl whom the duet singers have loved.

However, the origin of the name is a little far from the meanings shown above. Macarena is the Saint Virgin Macarena, who protects the Spanish Bull-fighters against the dead and the evil.

In Seville, the home town of Los del Rio, there is a street named Macarena.

In the streets and the churches, there are lots of pictures and status of Macarena with the bundles of flower and lightened candles to pray their wishes.

• LysDor's Profile Photo

COCKTAILS FROM HEAVENEven if...

Favorite thing: COCKTAILS FROM HEAVEN

Even if frozen Margaritas are not 'real' Margaritas but a spin-off of the Daiquiri, I had my first one at the hotel's happy hour and fell in extasy about the heavenly smooth taste and cooling effect!

This is a basic recipe that involves of course the national elixir: TEQUILA.

FROZEN STRAWBERRY MARGARITA for ONE or MORE

For ONE serving: start with a blender and add...

1 Oz (3cl) of Tequila

Juice of half a lime

1/2 Oz (1,5cl) of Strawberry Liqueur

a few fresh strawberries

Blend with crushed ice and pour into glass unstrained. Serve with a straw.

OR

For FOUR servings:

6 Oz (18cl)tequila

2 Oz (6cl) triple sec

8 Oz (24cl)fresh strawberries

4 Oz (12cl)frozen limeade concentrate

6 cups ice

Place the ice in a blender and crush for 15 to 20 seconds. Add fresh strawberries, tequila, triple sec, and frozen limeade. Blend until smooth.

Holà, Amigo/Amiga many thanks for your visit

• LysDor's Profile Photo

MEXICAN DINNERS AND...I had...

by LysDor Written Sep 12, 2002

Favorite thing: MEXICAN DINNERS AND...

I had several enjoyable dinners in local restaurants with mexican music players and full of colored flags!!

...but if a group of musiciens was playing - be prepared that they will soon come to your table, playing a serenade -just for you- but expecting some money in return of their mariachis performance!!

Anyway, the food was most of the time great as I love spicy food!

I also had to go to a local Hard Rock Café (this was the custom * at that time * - sort of tradition - going to as many HRC restaurants as possible - World wide!- silly!!)

The HRC in Cancun had a special kind of mexican menu which was new discovery for me.

I fell in love with their *stuffed jalapenos* really STRONGLY HOT and the sizzling hot spicy beef/ chicken/ vegetables/ or mixed platter FAJITAS served on an iron-board!!

Remember: NEVER take the first tortillas and once you've picked-up your stuffed & rolled tortilla NEVER put it back onto your plate :-)!!

Another interesting restaurant called: SEÑOR FROGS'(Click the logo) served nice mexican cuisine but in a rural setting with wooden floor covered with hay!

On each wooden table there was pretty big buckets full of pop-corn, all drinks & cocktails were served in a *chevalier* glass (check out pics on their web-site) and at some point of the evening everyone start throwing pop-corn around - shoked at first but happily I started to do it as well...lol!
    Soon a queue of people formed, dancing on a mexican air and going between tables and inviting everyone to join (You Can't Avoid It!!). When the music stopped and the person who was at that moment under a waiter standing on two tables, had to open its mouth while some tequila was poured in by him - reward...or punishment? Go see yourself :-)!

I had a very funny, different and full of unexpected action evening instead of a quiet dinner...LOL!!

Address: Blvd. Kukulcán Fte Playa Chacmool Km. 9.5 Zona Hotelera Cancun, Q. Roo. C.P. 77500

Pls note: Señor Frog’s also in Playa del Carmen

• queencreekfreak's Profile Photo

Grande Pina Colada please!

by queencreekfreak Written Sep 4, 2005

Favorite thing: I really just wanted to add this photo of one of the bartenders at the Sun Palace.

All inclusive means nice cold drinks all day by the pool.... ahhhhhh!

Fondest memory: One of my favorite memories is walking to the point and feeding some wild iguanas. Save some fruit from breakfast. Wild iguanas love it!

• Lys-Noir's Profile Photo

The Meaning of MACARENAThe...

Favorite thing: The Meaning of MACARENA

In Seville, the home town of Los del Rio, there is a street named Macarena.

COCKTAILS FROM...

by Lys-Noir Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: COCKTAILS FROM HEAVEN...

This is a basic recipe that involves of course the national elixir: TEQUILA.

...FROZEN STRAWBERRY MARGARITA...

by Lys-Noir Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: ...FROZEN STRAWBERRY MARGARITA for ONE or MORE...

For ONE serving: start with a blender and add...

1 Oz (3cl) of Tequila
    Juice of half a lime
    1/2 Oz (1,5cl) of Strawberry Liqueur
    a few fresh strawberries

Blend with crushed ice and pour into glass unstrained. Serve with a straw.

OR

For FOUR servings:

6 Oz (18cl)tequila
    2 Oz (6cl) triple sec
    8 Oz (24cl)fresh strawberries
    4 Oz (12cl)frozen limeade concentrate
    6 cups ice

• Lys-Noir's Profile Photo

Tequila was easy to find but...

by Lys-Noir Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: Tequila was easy to find but not Macarena. I decided to ask the store's 2 girls which didn't speak english but after a while and me even humming the music (heh, heh) they suddenly jumped from behind the desk and shouted all together MACARENA and started to dance it at my stupefaction! That was the weirdest shopping experience I've had so far but fun to remember afterwards!!

Instant Answers: Cancún