Coco Bongo, Cancún

Know about this? Rate It!

by neverstoptravel
    by vera-s
    by vera-s
  • Mairo21's Profile Photo

Coco Bongo: Las Vegas meets Cancun

by Mairo21 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Dance till the sun comes up. Great music, live entertainers drop from the ceiling and perform on stages. Madonna, Michael Jackson, Spiderman, Beetlejuice, Lenny Kravitz include some of the impersonators that perform and lipsync to music while you dance. Great energy and packed with loads of people... You can dance on the bar or on the stage,anywhere your heart desires...There's hardly any tables in there, so everyone is standing up and dancing...while confetti flies from the ceiling...you need to see for yourself and experience it! Definitely recommended!

Dress Code: None that I noticed...wear whatever you want.

• Natalllya's Profile Photo

Coco Bongo: Coco Bongo

by Natalllya Updated Apr 4, 2011

Coco Bongo, Cancun

I looooved Coco Bongo!!!

The place is masssive, you will meet tons of people and you will have a blast!

There are live performances that will really amaze you. Everything from acrobats swinging from the ceiling to cabaret dancers, actors and singers! The energy is amazing and the place is well worth the money.

Read more Coco Bongo Reviews

Dress Code: Anything goes......I saw some pretty creative outfits there!

• Manxie2305's Profile Photo

Coco Bongo: FREE Discount Cards Available

by Manxie2305 Updated Mar 21, 2010

Cancun

Excellent Night Club with Las Vegas style Show. You'll find people dancing on the bars, chairs and any spare space they can find, because there is no dance floor.

Best thing though was we managed to get a FREE Discount card from a Company that deals with British Soldiers, although we were told that the card would be given to anybody who applies for it. The card was also good for Discounted rates in about 30 other locations around Cancun.

If your going to Cancun, you should definately apply for this card.... big money saver & Express Pass.

Have Fun Folks, it's wonderful down there.

Dress Code: Shirt with sleeves (can be a t-shirt) shorts, jeans or trousers with sneakers or shoes....

• Luxury Travel

• sarah1983's Profile Photo

Coco Bongo: Dancing on the bar!

by sarah1983 Written Feb 4, 2008

I wasn't a fan of Cancun in general but I loved Coco Bongos! Had a great night with my girlfriends - we all ended up dancing on the bar as it's encouraged! It's a pretty random mix of music though. When we were there, they had a Shania Twain impersonator performing and then next thing they were playing sleazy rap! Great fun though but not the kind of place I'd be going every night!

• onlinerep's Profile Photo

Coco Bongo: When the sun goes down.

by onlinerep Updated Sep 19, 2007

Let's party!

Cancun's most talked about nite spot (and from where the scenes of 'The Mask' were shot.) I had to go to see what all the fuss was about.

The atmosphere on a Saturday night is buzzing with people - locals and tourists alike. Everybody is seen dancing just about everywhere. Even on the bar! They play all types of music (pop, rock, latin) and even feature live band appearances and shows. It's a great night if you're not tired from lounging on the beach all day.

The club is open from 10pm until the early hours of the morning.

Dress Code: Casual. No bathing suits.

• Heavens-Mirror's Profile Photo

~ Coco Bongo's ~: ~ Clubbing, Stunt Shows & More ~

by Heavens-Mirror Updated May 12, 2007

~ Coco Bongo's ~

CocoBongo's is the place to be if you want some fun filled nights out on the town.

It has a huge multi level dancefloor to keep you going plus some great spectacular stunt shows throughout the night. Whether you want to dance the night away with one of Mexico's fab cocktails or just sit and watch the shows then this is the place to go.

Dress Code: Smart Casual... whatever you want to wear really

• happydance's Profile Photo

Coco Bongo: I loved Coco Bongo!

by happydance Written Jan 31, 2007

I loved Coco Bongo! Coco Bongo offers entertainment, dancing, and they encourage their guest’s to party like rock stars all night long. I loved it when they would do tributes to different music performers because they would play several of their songs in a row. They also played clips from the movie Cocktail and then the bartenders made a flaming drink just as Tom Cruise did in the movie. I loved dancing on the bar and considered it a double bonus when balloons and confetti fell from the ceiling. I had a lot to drink that night and the bright blue dress I wore made me a target for the camera operator and the bartenders alike, I know this because my friends told me that I was on the big screen all the time. A bartender picked me up and put me on the bar so a man dressed as The Mask could pour tequila directly into my mouth, then the little Mask took a turn giving me a drink. They ended up pouring tequila into my mouth four times and the liquid kept coming until it spilled out of my mouth and onto my chest. By the time I left I was covered with tequila and confetti, I had the time of my life!

Dress Code: I did not notice a dress code.

• Music

• patatina's Profile Photo

Coco Bongo: Fantastic Performances!

by patatina Written Jul 28, 2006

Front of Coco Bongo

Buy a ticket before 9PM to avoid an additional $5 charge. It was $40pp. Also, Tuesday is the special night at Coco Bongo (and apparently at many of the other clubs) and you can get in for half price or women get in for free, so check in with the salespeople who are always at a stall in front of the place to see when's the best time to come. Every day it looked like the place was packed, there was always a long line there at 10:15 which is when they start the line to get people in at 10:30pm. You wait for a bit, we got in at about 10:40pm but during the wait, there's a bartender giving out bottles of Dos Equis and what looked like pina colada.

Performances were great. There are about 40 of them every night. Mainly impersonators of like Beyonce, Madonna, Micheal Jackson, etc. There were also gymnasts that were doing stunts like Cirque de la Mer, etc around the center bar area so practically above the audience and were just outstanding to watch. The bartenders get into it as well with a great juggling type cocktail performance at one point that was just great. All helped to get the crowd going and there's always something coming up, very lively, exciting atmosphere.

They play all sorts of music - from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, to pop and whatnot. It got so crowded where we were dancing. It's a mix of a young crowd and an older, more subdued crowd. There are little bar tables to sit at but each and every one was reserved (might want to look into getting one reserved - there's no where else to sit but the steps!) when we got there.

Overall, it was great fun! If you have to choose one club to go to, which is what we did, definitely go to Coco Bongo! And get kamakazi shots!

Dress Code: Somewhat casual I guess you can say. Many men were wearing jeans or light slacks, while the women were wearing tank tops and skirts with sandals.

• Coco Bongo: Bar Crawl Extravaganza!

by hja531 Written May 20, 2006

Coco Bongo -great time. Dancing, shows, fun music- the perfect cheesy vacation party spot. The best way to get around Cancun's nightlife is with the bar crawl tours. Its about 60 bucks- covers 4 bars, cover charges, VIP areas and drinks are included. Beware of the shot girls though- they will give out shots and then charge you for them.

• kirstylm's Profile Photo

Coco Bongo: Best nightclub in the world!

by kirstylm Written Apr 28, 2006

This is such an awesome nightclub! We went on a Saturday night and was completely overwhelmed by the great atmosphere, the good music, and the amount of entertainment! It's not just a nightclub - they really put on a great show! There is some dancing on the bars in the centre of the dancefloor, and the whole club is shaped like an amphitheatre or stadium, so you get a great view! There isn't a long queue at the bars, and there are even some waiters that you can order from.

Definitely recommend this place for a fantastic night out!

• dilorenzodepaul's Profile Photo

Coco Bongo: Lame Place

by dilorenzodepaul Written Aug 22, 2005

We went on New Year's Eve, and paid $80 a person to get in. Open bar, which was poor, and then the "clubbin" starts. Popular dance music and many drunk people dancing. It was ok I guess. Too much money for what it was though.

Dress Code: Bad drinks-watered down. Cool set-up I guess. Double level with a stage type thing.

• Music

• wahine76's Profile Photo

Coco Bongo: Biggest Party in Cancun

by wahine76 Written Jul 22, 2005

Coco Bongo

Even if youre like me and you dont like clubs, you gotta go to Coco Bongo, a unique nightclub in the hotel zone of Cancun.

Its hard to describe what CoCoBongo is like...its like a big party or circus...with people literally dancing everywhere...with shows...its like the biggest new year celebration...you feel like youre in another world completely! its like studio 54 in Cancun!

Cover charge in USD$ - including or not alcohol.

Dress Code: Dress hot, sexy...wear little clothes as possible as it is HOT in there!

• Spa and Resort

• Moustique's Profile Photo

Coco Bongo: Crazy shows

by Moustique Updated Jul 14, 2005

This was our server.  He was the greatest!!!

I went to this bar a couple times when i was in Cancun and had a blast both times. The best time I had is when we got our own private table and our own server.

The shows are great.. you have from madonna to beetlejuice. I was there for Halloween and they had vampires swinging from the ceilings.

Really great time. definitely recommend getting the private table. You dont have to stay at it the whole time, but you have a place to put your stuff and personal service. We also order our alcohol by the bottle, sound crazy? it's actually pretty normal, much cheaper and no waiting in lines!

Dress Code: Fun warm vacation clothes

• Beer Tasting

• gipper84's Profile Photo

Coco Bongo: Cancun's Famous Nightclub

by gipper84 Updated Jun 28, 2005

Coco Bongo was probably the most impressive club in Cancun. It puts almost any American nightclub to shame. I absolutely enjoyed this club. The shows there are a must see. I mean they are absolutely out of this world, with high flying shows, and my favorite guest, the Mask. If any of you have seen the movie the Mask, you will no what I mean. The Jim Carey character is alive and well in Coco Bongo. Other wild shows include Michael Jackson's thriller, Spider-man, and Bettlejuice. It is also a great place to go and meet people. I met people from London, Spain, Brazil, and many from the states here. The only problem with this club is it is huge. It has 2 floors, but that does not compare to the hundreds of people who come. It can get crowded but overall it is awesome. David and our friends got there early and tried to stay relatively close to the bar. It is open til 3am, but try and get there early.

Dress Code: The dress code is a typical club dress. Most people wear polos and girls wear tanktops, and skirts or halter tops. Basically your typical clubbing clothes

• arkygirl's Profile Photo

Coco Bongo: Good Times

by arkygirl Written Jun 14, 2005

Went to Coco Bongo on the Party Hopper tour that we had booked through our hotel rep. We had a bunch of people from our hotel and were picked up right at our hotel. Coco Bongo was the last nightclub that we were at so by the time you get there you will be feeling pretty good! The show is amazing!! We had Beetlejuice, Spider Man and the Green Goblin, and Madonna to entertain us. After that we had Angels bouncing up and down from the ceiling while confetti and sparkles fell from the "sky". We stood in a VIP section and the beer was everflowing by our tour reps. We had an absolute blast at this bar! I would definitely recommend that you do this bar with your hotel entertainment staff or with a pub crawl so you do not have to wait in line to get in or for a drink. The place is so packed that it makes it hard (especially if you have had a few too many) to move around.

Dress Code: I saw people in all kinds of clothes but over all the clothes were comfortable-casual to very dressy. I do recommend wearing flats because you will be standing all night!

Instant Answers: Cancún