La Boom (now closed), Cancún

Know about this? Rate It!

TULUM BEACH WAS MY FAVOURITE
  • Natalllya's Profile Photo

La Boom: La Boom

by Natalllya Updated Apr 4, 2011

At La Boom in Cancun, Mexico

This is a fairly big nightclub.

It has 2 big rooms. Each room has a massive dance floor, seating, bar and stages. I went there twice and had a blast each time.

Ladies be careful when you go here, this place is rumoured to have bartenders slip things into girls' drinks.

Dress Code: Anything goes.

• taryn_treloar's Profile Photo

La Boom & Tequila Boom: My Cancun Home

by taryn_treloar Updated Dec 17, 2003

La Boom!

Seeing as La Boom was right across the street from my Hotel I went to it pretty often. In the two week I was in Cancun I went probably went about 7 times.

It was basically a guaranteed great night. It was funny actually, the very first night that Rachel and I went to La Boom Rachel declared that she was not about to pay cover. So we arrived at the front door around 10:00 pm (already drunk haha) and asked to go into the club and not pay anything. (yes I know it was far fetched but it worked) They let us in and started feeding us drinks. By the time people started coming in Rachel and I were already in full dancing mode up on the bar. We got to know a lot of the staff that night actually, they came up and danced with us on the bar. Every night after that we went to La Boom we entered for free. I did a little dance preformance with this bartender named carlos infront of everyone. It was pretty good entertainment I think! The managers of the club knew our names by the end of the two weeks.

Dress Code: Well, according to the manager of the club, the way Rachel and I dressed far surpassed the other people in the club. We were 'classy and sexy' unlike all the other girls. YEAHH.

-no sneakers

• gabriellefox's Profile Photo

La Boom: Banging!

by gabriellefox Updated Apr 4, 2011

Night Out

If you are serious about music and dancing you will love this place. If you are serious about drinking and enjoy bikini competitions you will love this club!

We paid for an inlusive night out which included transport to and from the club, entry to the club, no queing, and all drinks. It was great value and we had a fantastic night out together.

Dress Code: Dress to Impress.

Have a look at their website to get a better idea of what I mean. Different DJs spin sets in several different rooms including R & B, House, Ambient and Techno.

• remosito's Profile Photo

La Boom (or was it La Boum): La Boom (or was it La Boum)

by remosito Written Aug 26, 2002

two floors adjacent to each other.
    Free drinks (except tips for the bartenders)
    all night for 250 pesos (I think)

Dress Code: They let me in...

rather on the nice side of things though...
    depends on the night as well I guess

• La Boom: An amazing club no more

by Riello Written Mar 27, 2008

Just an update on "La Boom"...Unfortunately, one of the best clubs if not the best club in Cancun no longer exist....La Boom sustained heavy damage after hurricane Wilma hit Cancun in October of 2005..it has not re-opened since and will probably be knocked down to make way for some hotel or condo complex...I have personally been to Cancun several times over the years and I can tell you that La Boom was amazing!! It had two different sections that were both gigantic...smoke machines, blast of cold air from the dance floor, incredible light shows and some of the worlds best visiting D.J.s made La Boom the premier club in Cancun...no shortage of beautiful girls (and guys chasing them).... those that were lucky enough to have visited will surely miss it...

• ajwalks's Profile Photo

La Boom: La Blows

by ajwalks Updated Apr 4, 2011

I thought this place was kind of weak, and it took the DJ about an hour to realize nobody in the place wanted to hear trance/house. When he made the switch to hip hop, the place started jumping.

Dress Code: Come as you are, although they may get picky if it is crowded.

• Singles
    • School Holidays

• There are a lot of discos in...

by scooter3 Written Sep 2, 2002

There are a lot of discos in Cancun... One of the ones that we went to was really big with really loud music (La Boom) and we also went to a smaller one somewhat near the downtown shopping village. (I don't remember the name) It's pretty difficult not to find a place to go at night.. just search around and you'll find something...

Dress Code: Well, many of the girls were wearing hardly anything.. I don't think it really matters, unless you want to cause unwanted attention to yourself... A lot of people made really unnecessary scenes in the clubs, but I guess they're probably used to it there..

• melissamn1's Profile Photo

The night life in Cancun is...

by melissamn1 Written Aug 25, 2002

The night life in Cancun is unreal! I believe it is all about the night life especially during Spring Break! They are open all night long so you can go at any time of the night to party it up!
    The music is the best! Especailly at La Boom!! It's a hard techno which you can dance to all night long if you wish! It's a huge club that fits many people in it! It was nice because it has privat balcony's that you can get for a group of people. We had one and it was great.

Dress Code: Dress code is pretty much what you want to wear! It gets pretty skimpy!

• rachel_sun's Profile Photo

Night time can be spent at your hotel

by rachel_sun Updated Sep 11, 2002

TULUM BEACH WAS MY FAVOURITE

Night time can be spent at your hotel or you could go to one of the 25 shopping centres or one of the 350 restaurants around Cancun.There are also 22 cinemas.I spent most nights at my hotel because they had great entertainment everynight.One night i went to some shopping malls and another night i went to La Boom night club which was about 1 min from my hotel.Buses run 24 hours so can get around easy.

Dress Code: Classification: People Watching , Family Spot , Adult Spot , Shopping , Eating and Drinking , Dancing , Clubbing , Live Music , Place to Meet New People , Photography

• kelly3153's Profile Photo

La Boom: Awesome club!

by kelly3153 Written Jul 6, 2003

La boom was the best club in cancun!!! It was so much fun and it wasnt as crowded as all the other clubs......it actually played good music too! La boom has 2 different rooms they have a hip hop room and a techno room. It was soo much fun!

Dress Code: what ever u want to wear!!

• La Boom: La Boom

by marcmalano Updated Feb 27, 2004

Easily spotted by the Red London bus outside and Olde English telephone box this club lies a little outside.

Instant Answers: Cancún