Nightclubs and bars in Cancún

Most Viewed Nightlife in Cancún

• solopes's Profile Photo

Isla Mujeres: Great show

by solopes Updated Dec 14, 2013

Isla Mujeres allowed two programs - one by day, mainly consisting in snorkeling or diving -, and the one that we made.

Leaving by sunset, the party started in the boat and continued upon arrival, with a common dinner and a very good dance show. I don't remember what we payed, but I would do it again.

Isla Mujeres - Mexico Isla Mujeres - Mexico
    • Beaches

• solopes's Profile Photo

Hotel animation: Live music

by solopes Updated Sep 2, 2012

One thing that I appreciated in Mexico was the presence of music and dancing everywhere. Of course we were tourists, in the touristy circuits, and music is something easy to sell to tourists, but, I think that it's possible to feel the difference between dancing for commercial purposes and dancing with pleasure, even in a professional context.
    I felt it in Mexico, real pleasure in the permanent music and dancing, and a high level of quality. The shows in our Hotel, Kristal, were really great

Folklore at Kristal - Cancun

• alyf1961's Profile Photo

CAPTAIN HOOK'S GALLEON: PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN

by alyf1961 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Captain hook’s pirate ship on the Caribbean was a fantastic night out. We set off from Playa Linda in Cancun at 7pm. We sailed in a replica of an 18th century Spanish galleon.
    From the minute we were on board we were well looked after. We were served drinks throughout the adventure and the entertainment was brilliant. There was dancing and singing. At one point we were attacked by another pirate ship and a battle took place on board with the pirates sword fighting.
    The food was exceptional; I had lobster and steak with jacket potato and salad. The drinks kept coming, I do not know what dessert was as I could not eat anymore.
    The prices were $82 usd each but it was well worth it.

Dress Code: The dress code was casual but a jacket was needed, as it got a bit chilly out in the sea. Some people were dressed as pirates. Children loved it and you could purchase a pirate set on board [headscarf, eye patch and plastic sword]

CAPTAIN JACK

• Natalllya's Profile Photo

Margaritaville: Margaritaville

by Natalllya Updated Apr 4, 2011

Good drinks, fun times.

This is more of a sit down, drinking type of a place but it does have a dance floor and the employees will have you up and dancing, doing the conga line and other hot dances.

Make sure to try their margaritas and Dos Equis Beer

Dress Code: Anything goes

Margaritaville, Cancun, Mexico
    • School Holidays

• Natalllya's Profile Photo

Pat O'Brian: Pat O'Brian

by Natalllya Updated Apr 4, 2011

An Irish bar in Mexico.....hmmm....interesting!!

Its a pretty cool place. Its pretty spacious, has plenty of seating and a small dance floor. Plenty of drinks and a cool atmosphere. The deck also stretches around the back of the club and over the water. You can do all your dancing and drinking there if you would like.

Don't jump in the water, there's aligators in there lol

Oh yeah, when I was there they added to the Irish ambience by having a Mexican midget dress as a leprechaun.

This place is known for its waiters carrying crazy amounts of drinks on their heads.

Dress Code: Anythng goes

Pat O'Brien's, Cancun, Mexico
    • School Holidays

• Lady_Disdain's Profile Photo

Nightlife galore

by Lady_Disdain Written Nov 18, 2007

There are a lot of nightclubs in Cancún! It's no wonder this is such a favourite place for spring break...

From more sophisticated lounges to wild dancing, there are spots for all tastes. They all target the tourist crowd, however, and it shows. These are not the places to meet local people or see a new culture. They are ideally suited to dinking a lot however (many charge an entrance fee and have unlimited drinks inside).

This is pretty much a token tip: the clubs are impossible to ignore in Cancún, however I throughly dislike the ambiance, so I skipped them. There are, however, many pages in VT covering all of them, so just look around a bit!

• wandabendik's Profile Photo

Cancun jazz festival.: Nighttime Serenades.

by wandabendik Updated Aug 26, 2007

The Cancun Jazz Festival began in 1991 and has been successfully drawing crowds of jazz and sun lovers ever since. Boasting all types of jazz - from traditional to contemporary, Afro-Latin to Cuban - its following is mostly African-American; however it does attract a huge selection of people from around the world and of all ages. If you're a jazz fan, Cancun is the place to go during the month of May. Whether you want to club hop and be seen, or mellow out to jazzy tunes played by some of the best, Cancun is the place! Day and night the streets are packed, and the party is where ever you are: from the club district to the beach.

Dress Code: Smart but casual dress.

Manhatten transfer, Cancun Jazz festival

• spgood301's Profile Photo

Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville: Fun place or clip joint?

by spgood301 Updated Aug 23, 2007

I've been trying to figure out what to say about Margaritaville since I left Cancun. There are so many good things about it. I had an absolute ball there. The first time I walked in, on a Sunday afternoon, there was a sword juggler on stage - he was brilliant. You can hear live bands, and most of the entertainment is interactive. At some point, they'll get you up to dance. Hey, they got me!

Now, I just adore the "shot girls". They walk around selling $3 USD shots of (mostly watered down) booze. They're really a lot of fun - in fact, I had a great time with them. They got me up dancing, having a great time. But, they don't listen when you ask them to stop feeding you booze, and it looks to me like they may pad the bill too. Maybe taking shots for themselves, maybe taking extra for the tip, I don't know. If you go, have fun with them but don't be afraid to walk away from them. I did when I felt like I was in a clip joint. I think I may have been ripped off a bit.

Margarataville is a great place to bring the family. You'll get up dancing, your kids will get up dancing. It's really a great time. I love it there, and will certainly go back. But do be a little careful there. I wish I was.

Dress Code: Totally casual, but pants are (probably) required.

• thyrkas's Profile Photo

My Place: Karaoke Fun!

by thyrkas Written Jul 11, 2007

My Place is a bar just off the beaten path in Cancun. After a friend and I had stopped off at Senor Frogs - and been very disappointed - we walked a bit and ended up here. My Place served Mexican and International Food, as well as provides a place to sing karaoke, play pool, play Texas Hold Em and watch sporting events. We liked that the bar has karaoke every night - great drinks, and it wasn't overwhelmed with the 18 - 25 year old crowd. A little breathing room was nice.
    It is located just off the water and has a nice stage where the karaoke lovers can perform. In the back of the bar is a pool table. The owner (Joe) is a great guy and may sing a song if you ask!

Dress Code: Casual dress

• Beaches

• keida84's Profile Photo

The Foyer of the Royal in Cancun: Stop and let the world go by

by keida84 Written Jun 12, 2007

This is a very nice place to sit down in some fancy chairs and let the world pass you by. Located in the foyer of the Royal is a baby grand piano which turns out to be a player piano and some really cool double chaise type chairs. Covered in fine leather these double chairs can accomdate you and your sweetie. No need to rush or hurry here, just settle yourself in and relax. It is a great people watching spot and there is even live entertainment at the Lobby Bar which spills over but not obtrusively. When the bands are not playing the baby grand player piano takes over to provide a musical interlude to watch the world go by.

Dress Code: There is no dress code for sitting and enjoying the lobby and the grand foyer of the Royal in Cancun.

The comfy lobby chairs
    • Spa and Resort
    • Luxury Travel

• keida84's Profile Photo

The Lobby Bar at the Royal in Cancun: Swing into a little bit of nightlife

by keida84 Updated Jun 12, 2007

Just across the hotel foyer where the "comfy" double chairs are is a happening spot called "The Lobby Bar." It has some very cool suspended "swing type white leather cushioned seats" where folks can lie back and enjoy a drink or a nap whatever their needs are. The bar is crowded with people checking out the Wine bar or the ever popular Cigar and Tequilleria bar. On site there is a man who rolls the finest Cuban cigars, couple that with the Royal's finest tequilla tasting and you have a recipe for some very happy bar goer's. There is live music in the evenings with a mariachi band that plays on Saturday nights only. This bar was also a part of our all inclusive package. Not too shabby!

Dress Code: In the evening the Lobby Bar requires men to wear long pants and closed toed shoes. No shirt, no sandals and no shorts.

Check out the hanging beds Cigars? Cigarettes? Tequilla?
    • Spa and Resort

• madmary71's Profile Photo

Azucar: Authentic Mexican club

by madmary71 Written Apr 16, 2007

Nightclub Azucar, part of the hotel Dreams Cancun. It's open for public and offers a unique opportunity to enjoy Caribbean music and to dance to the tropical beats such as Samba, Merengue, and Salsa with a real live band! Real senoritas can really move those hips effortless. Plus I get to see the real locals having a blast and busting some moves in the dance floor.
    I love the fact that my girlfreind and I are a couple of oriental chicks and yet we were treated by the staff and clients with respect. We were even asked to dance by a couple of salsa afficionados. Whenever we get "shy", one of the bouncer will actually ask us to dance with them. It was too much fun! If you want to get away from the usual "North American" music or club scene, then this is the place for you to really immerse yourself in the Mexican culture.

Dress Code: No sneakers.

• HillBilly_Travel_Inc's Profile Photo

G-Spot and BullDogs: THE NIGHT LIFE OMG!

by HillBilly_Travel_Inc Written Jan 23, 2007

These two clubs were unbelievable, BullDogs had live music some of the night, but they band they had really done a good job, then came the party music and we all danced our asses off and drank until we could barely walk. G-Spot hot techno club for the younger crowd. Ladies wear all the white clothing you want because you will get wet in this club. Water showers down from the ceiling and shoots up from the floor, it was litterally the best club i have ever been to.. We rocked it out on our last night there. I also went to senoir frogs, but it was kind of a disappointment..

Dress Code: They dont really care if you go with you hotel group, how that worked is we paid about 35 dollars a piece and they would take us there on a bus, then let us in free VIP and give us an open bar pass, and they bring you drinks all night long, when you leave they give you a tee-*** and a pat on the back for surviving..

• alirocks21's Profile Photo

Bar Hopping: Party Hopper

by alirocks21 Written Oct 29, 2006

If you are interested in the best party ever....do the Party Hopper. It was $65 for 7 hours of partying (on a Friday) which includes open bar, cover & the "express pass" (vip treatment). The company picks you up at the hotel in a nice bus with all the other "hoppers". The Party Hopper company has employees that stay with the group all nite. They take you to 4 different hot spots throughout the 7 hours. You start at Pat O'Briens & get a chance to meet the other hoppers (on our trip there were about 120), then you head to Dady Rock, then Congo & then Coco Bongo (best club I've ever seen!!). The only thing you are responsible for is getting the cab home on the way home....but rest assured, the cabs are lined up outside Coco Bongo starting at about 3am.

Dress Code: comfy & cool....remember - it is Mexico...2 of the clubs are outside.

brochure

• motorcitykitty's Profile Photo

Bubba Shrimp: Stupid is what stupid does

by motorcitykitty Written Oct 22, 2006

We are not big fans of chain restaurants, but a Lady at our Hotel kept bragging about the Shrimp at Bubba's so we had our conciegre make reservation (he slipped us a free drink each coupon too) for that evening. What a suprise. The food and service were fantastic. It was a shrimp fest. We got 6 diff. kinds of shrimp and threw down. I would highly recommend this place to everyone. Next door is Pat O'Brians and it was rocking the house. Music and beer drinking tourist. A sight to see.

Dress Code: Anything, just cover up though. The Mexican people are very reserved and don't embarras them by letting your kid or woman wear something inappropiate.

Awww shucks how cute My husband said You gonna that? Honey you look better than the Shrimp. Thanks Babe

Cancún Hotels

Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas
Sunset Royal Cancun Resort
Piramides Cancun Beach Resort

Instant Answers: Cancún

Comments

Cancún Nightlife

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Cancún locals.
Map of Cancún