Know about this? Rate It!
Coba has the second largest pyramid in the peninsula. Coba is definitely a nice site with unique buildings among the Yucatan jungle. From the top of the huge pyramid one can see miles and miles of beautiful vegetation and ruins. Check my Coba page for more details.
- Hiking and Walking
- Jungle and Rain Forest
COBAOn the way to Coba we...
On the way to Coba we went into the jungle looking for Spider monkeys.This building was home to an elderly couple who lived simply with no running water or electric.
cobaIt took quite a long walk...
It took quite a long walk to get here, but it is simply 'AWESOME' Nohoch Mal Pyramid, the tallest on the pensinsula reaches 140 feet into the sky.It took quite a climb to get to the top and is very steep.
Coba was once home to as many as 40,000 mayans.
The Mayan ruins at Coba,...
The Mayan ruins at Coba, around 40 minutes inland from Tulum. Awesome.
It is a very large site, with the ruins still hidden among the jungle. We hired mountain bikes and saw all the main pyramids and temples in about 2 hours. We also saw humming birds and a tucan. You can climb the main pyramid and have a breathtaking view over the jungle at 42 metres high (equiv. to a 12th floor), with only the eagles above you. And the silence...
Watch out for wild crocodiles on your way back to the village. They live in the lake and the 'caretaker' will ask you for 5 pesos to take a picture of them.
Visit Coba. Many people visit...
Visit Coba. Many people visit Tulum, which are awesome ruins by the water, but few people visit Coba in the jungle. When we went, our tour group were the only people there.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Cancún Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Graterford Hotels
- Port Royal Hotels
- Salton Sea Beach Hotels
- Cap-de-la-Madeleine Hotels
- Michigan City
- Abu Dhabi
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path