Places to eat in Cancún

• Restaurants

Most Viewed Restaurants in Cancún

Samurai: All-inclusive - A la carte

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Dec 30, 2013

Samurai is a traditional Tepanyaki grill showcasing the finest traditional and contemporary Japanese dishes. Visit the sushi bar, where masterful chefs will prepare an assortment of sushi specialties for your pleasure. They might even share a few of their secret recipes with you.
    Miso Soup.
    Fresh Tuna Salad
    Caribean Roll
    Tulip with Vanilla Ice Cream and Sweet Caramel
    Beer

Big Ben Restaurant: All-inclusive - A la carte

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Dec 30, 2013

A taste of London comes to Cancún at Big Ben Steakhouse. Savor the finest cuts of meat and seafood of uncompromising quality, with appetizers and side dishes carefully selected to complement your meal. House specialties include oriental spare ribs with five spices, honey, garlic & soy sauce, ribeye steak and oven baked chicken in an herb crust served with your choice of vegetables and potatoes.
    Vegetable Soup.
    Beef Fillet.
    Coconut Pie with vanilla sauce
    Red wine

Deli Manhattan Restaurant: All-inclusive - A la carte

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Dec 30, 2013

Visit this New York style deli located on the Via Veneto for lunch and late-night dinners. You’ll find all the traditional New York favorites here, highlighted by creative specialties like Smoked Salmon, Quail Liver Pate and Stuffed Mushrooms with Crab Meat and Hollandaise Sauce.
    My dishes:
    German beer pretzel with tuna salad, served with green salad.
    Matzeball chicken soup with fresh garden vegetables.
    Deep fried fish medallion with tartar sauce, green salad, alfalfa and avocado.
    Apple pie with vanilla ice cream.
    Orange juice, beer and black tea.

Lunch/Dinner hours: 3:00 PM -10:30 PM
    Snack hours: 11:00 PM - 06:00 AM

Portofino Restaurant: All-inclusive - A la carte

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Dec 30, 2013

Portofino serves up seasonal cuisine at its freshest and most unique, with menus printed daily. Select from a creatively inspired menu of appetizers, salads, soups, chops and seafood – all capped off by a decadent assortment of desserts.
    My dishes:
    Fish Carpaccio of the day with herbs lemon and extra virgen olive oil
    Seafood soup Liguria With fish dumpling
    Fish fillet with pesto
    fresh orange and vanilla ice cream

Magnus Restaurant: For breakfasts, lunches and 5 o'clocks

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Dec 30, 2013

I used this restaurant for my breakfasts, lunches and 5 o’clock.
    Savor breathtaking views from this oceanfront food court. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Magnus offers 12 cuisine stations to satisfy every palate, including Japanese, Mexican, Italian, seafood, vegetarian dishes, grilled specialties and fruits and salads – not to mention an extravagant desserts and cheese counter.
    Breakfast hours: 7:00 AM -11:30 AM
    Lunch/Dinner hours: 12:30 PM - 9:00 PM

You can watch my 2 min 19 sec Video Cancun Great Parnassus Hotel Lunch part 1 out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.

You can watch my 7 min 47 sec Video Cancun Great Parnassus Hotel Restaurant part 2 out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Local restaurants: Tikin xic - charbroiled fish

by DSwede Written Dec 7, 2011

Tikin xic is one of the best fish dishes I've had, and I must say, I've had a lot. Remember the alternative spellings too, because it may be see as "tikin xic", "tik-n-xic" and "tikik chick" or anything that is phonetically the same.

What is is loosely is charbroiled fish brushed with achiote sauce (a slightly spicy red sauce). What is is definitively is delicious. The size of the fish (typically snapper) depends on how many people you are and how hungry you are since you order by the portion or the kilo in most restaurants. A half kilo per person would be a sizable meal.

I went to this restaurant with my local friends since they had been going there for years. It was so good we went back again. I lost the address, but will say that it was about 15minutes north of the Resort Zone, along the waterfront. Locals would know this stretch of beach (not a swimming beach, but a fisherman's beach).

Favorite Dish: Tikin xic is the focus here. Lots of restaurants serve it, but ask locals for their recommendation on the best one.

• spgood301's Profile Photo

Pat O'Briens: Good Times at Pat's

by spgood301 Updated Apr 4, 2011

I really had a good time at Pat O'Briens. I sat right at the bar and was immediately greeted by one of the friendliest bartenders I'd met yet in Cancun. A huge plate of cajun chicken nachos later (and I mean HUGE), and I was in fine shape. Pat's is famous for it's hurricane - make it one before you go insane.

Pat O'Briens is a really huge place. It's got several TV's so you can watch sports from the US, Mexico and England. It's a family place in the early evening. I sat next to a fun family from New Jersey. We hung out together, even had our picture taken together while in sombreros (bet in five years they'll see picture and wonder just who I am). Pat's also has dancing and juggling waiters & bartenders, and much more. Later in the evening, it turns into a nightclub with live entertainment.

An all around good time at Pat O'Briens. I sure walked out smiling. Next time I'm in Cancun, I'll certainly spend more time here.

Favorite Dish: Cajun chicken nachos. Mmmmm...

• happydance's Profile Photo

Lorenzillo’s: Don't Miss The Fresh Seafood!

by happydance Updated Apr 4, 2011

Lorenzillo’s was a wonderful dinning experience. While fresh lobster is their specialty, they had a wide verity of other dishes to choose from. The nautical atmosphere was charming and the wait staff treated me like a princess. I had the lobster and I even got to help pick it out.

• patatina's Profile Photo

Cambalache: The BIG Steakhouse

by patatina Updated Apr 4, 2011

This Argentinian steakhouse is a wonderful place either for a dinner for two or with a group. They have a selection of meats that are about US $20+. It's a nice place; they have a selection of wines from Argentina, Mexico, Chile, and Spain. They also have a great drink that's similar to sangria with fruit chunks in it, but I don't remember the name, I'm sorry. The waiter was kind enough to get me shot of it for a taste after I saw it on another table, and it was so fresh and light, wonderful.

This was our best dinner in Cancun. We ordered the tenderloin filet for two which was just amazing. You can ask to have it cooked unsliced, which took 30 minutes but just tasted wonderful. We also ordered grilled vegetables and french fries - the steak was also served with grilled onions, very very delicious and well done. We loved it!! Such a good dinner!

The service is great. They are very accommodating. At first, they kept approaching us to order, but when we asked to have a moment to enjoy the wine first, they waited patiently. Again, our server was so sweet to bring me a shot of the fruity drink, and overall was very prompt and helpful and kind. It's a very nice restaurant and the food was amazing.

Favorite Dish: Tenderloin filet for 2 with grilled vegetables, about US $60

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo

La Taberna: Nachos in downtown Cancun

by SWFC_Fan Updated Apr 4, 2011

La Taberna is a Mexican bar and restaurant located on Avenida Yaxchilan in downtown Cancun.

The large interior contains a number of pool tables, large TV screens and posters advertising the forthcoming Mexican football games that are to be screened live. Perhaps not surprisingly, the clientele were largely male.

As well as the large interior, there are also a handful of tables outside. This is where I chose to sit on my only visit to La Taberna.

The extensive menu includes a number of traditional Mexican dishes, including nachos, fajitas, tortillas, tacos and a number of meat (particularly chicken, beef and pork) and seafood dishes. A selection of soups, salads and sandwiches are also offered.

The drinks menu is equally as extensive with a large selection of cocktails and local spirits, as well as soft drinks and Mexican bottled beers (Sol, Corona and XX). In common with many bars and restaurants at the time of my visit to Cancun, La Taberna offered "2 for 1" on all its drinks during all its open hours (1pm til 5am).

Internet access is also available here.

Favorite Dish: I opted for:

Nachos con Pollo (nachos with chicken) - Cost: 46 Pesos

A huge plate of nachos covered in refried beans, melted cheese, green chilli peppers and pieces of chicken. Very tasty, very filling and excellent value.

2 bottles of Mexican XX beer - Cost: 34 Pesos

I ordered "beer on tap", but was presented with a couple of bottled beers instead. This was part of the "2 for 1" offer - but it is worth noting that in bars that didn't have "2 for 1" offers running, the bottled beers generally cost about 20 Pesos, as opposed to 34 as here.

Good value, filling Mexican fare. A good place to watch the football or shoot some pool.

• Beer Tasting

• kimod74's Profile Photo

Trattoria Balzano: Good food, entertainment and Service!

by kimod74 Updated Apr 4, 2011

We enjoyed our meal, the service and the atmosphere at the Trattoria Balzano restaurant. Only complaint - it was very very hot and muggy inside the restaurant! The heat from the kitchen really wafted out into the dining area, they need to install some ceiling fans or something. The Mariachi band plays and they usually go from table to table singing to people as they eat.

Favorite Dish: We had pasta alfredo, wine and some other italian dishes that were very very good. Plenty of food to eat. Our waiter was very nice and the service was great!!

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo

La Habichuela: Downtown Dining

by Etoile2B Updated Apr 4, 2011

We have friends who own a condo in Cancun and therefore spend a lot of time down here. This restaurant was at the top of their list... and now it's at the top of mine. Located downtown, it's still easy to reach from the Hotel Zone. Set back from the main streets, this beautiful restaurant features authentic Yucatan fare, specializing in seafood. When making a reservation I suggest asking to be seated in the garden. Dining Al Fresco was the perfect addition to this wonderful meal. The restaurant is romantic and warm. The waitstaff is knowledgeable and friendly. The meals were satisfying and unique. Talk to your hotel concierge when making a reservation and usually they can get you a coupon for a "welcome drink". I would go back on any trip to Cancun.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed the seafood in garlic sauce as an appetizer - spicy! My entree wasn't as spectacular as everyone else's - the tuna. It wasn't great. But what I tasted of my friends entrees was excellent! Overall a wonderful dining experience.

• Business Travel

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo

La Fisheria: Mall Dining

by Etoile2B Updated Apr 4, 2011

La Fisheria seems like any other restaurant in the hotel zone from the outside - but it's actually in a mall. It's definitely a step above food court dining, but you lose the ambience we expected. They specialize in, you guessed it, seafood. The menu changes often but they feature a few house specialties that are always available. The service was fine, if not a little slow. The drinks were good but not very potent. They had a live singer with a guitar playing popular (if not old) American music and who we mistook for a karaoke singer at one point when a table downstairs decide to join in the song. At various times throughout the evening the waiters come through and place flags from your home country on your table. The food was fine, but nothing to write home about. I think I'd try something else before returning to La Fisheria.

Favorite Dish: I tried the tikin xik, the house specialty. It's fish baked in a Mayan achiote sauce. Very different, pretty good.

• School Holidays

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville: Wasting away in Margaritaville

by ATXtraveler Updated Apr 4, 2011

I noticed that Cancun has become very commercialized. I did not really realize this the last time I went there, but driving around, you really would not know you were not in a beach community in the US. Along with this, you were reminded many times by seeing American restaurants. One of which was Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville. I could tell this was a popular hangout for the Spring Break crowd, as evidenced by all the US dollar bills stapled to the bar behind me in the picture. Sarah and I were really there just to have a drink, as she loves her diet coke! I had the Raspberry Margarita, and we split some guacamole. It was all delicious!

• Radiomom's Profile Photo

La Habichueula: Most Romantic Place in Cancun

by Radiomom Updated Apr 4, 2011

I can't believe I didn't put this tip on here! We liked this restaurant so much, I've always recommended it to people we know who are headed to Cancun. EVERYONE has come back saying it was the best place they dined!

Gorgeous, romantic setting -- eat in the garden. There are lovely high-backed white wrought iron chairs --candles everywhere and lots of lovely tropical plants and trees.

Favorite Dish: Once I ordered their "special" which is shrimp and lobster in a curry sauce served in a cocoanut...but the best has been the simplest -- catch of the day, grilled. Usually it's grouper or red snapper. You can not go wrong!

Cancún Hotels

Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas
Sunset Royal Cancun Resort
Marriott CasaMagna Cancun Resort

Instant Answers: Cancún

Comments

Cancún Restaurants

aznaphrodite's Profile Photo

Reviews and photos of Cancún restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cancún sightseeing.

Map of Cancún