Stores, Malls or Markets in Cancún

by brkilbourne

Most Viewed Shopping in Cancún

• Mall near Margaritaville: Shop 'til You Drop

by karenp6171 Written Jan 23, 2003

Lots of T-Shirts - they were on sale. Jimmy Buffett's shop was quite expensive, but well worth it. Then I found T-shirts 2 for $5.00 USD. I like everything I bought.

What to buy: Another time I would look for a dress. I would probably buy the same types of things because I give them away as gifts later.

What to pay: Half of what they ask. Except at Jimmy Buffett's. Pay full price

• Umfufu's Profile Photo

Just at the airport: Shop till you......have no more money

by Umfufu Updated Apr 4, 2011

When you fly longdistance you are allowed to buy tax free (till a certain amount of items and products). All you wanna have that is expensive is a (little) cheaper at an airport.
    But in Cancun its good shopping....take a look at the special webpage about it.

What to buy: Just what you like...for me its parfume! I think i always buy about 4 bottles, two for me and two for Frans. And sometimes when we have forgotten something we buy it lastminute. Or when they have a bargian (battery for the digital camera).

What to pay: Depends on the product that you wanna have / buy.

Shoppingarea at the airport
    • Luxury Travel

• taryn_treloar's Profile Photo

Markets/Jewelry stands: Wait a couple of days before you buy

by taryn_treloar Written Dec 12, 2003

What to buy: Jewelry!

I made the mistake of buying a necklace in the first few days that I arrived in Cancun. It was way over priced as I learned later. So be careful.

I went into downtown Cancun and shopped at the local stores. I found the most beautiful jewelry set that was a decent cost. If you're going to buy jewelry, buy it in the stores so that it is 100% real.

What to pay: Don't pay more than 5 dollars American for Wooden or shell necklaces.....

I bought a bracelet with the same stones - pink

• Walmart / Chedraui: Shopping for Tequila? Stocking up on soft drinks?

by drxym Written Sep 9, 2004

Don't buy tequila or other consumables from any of the tourist shops along the hotel zone.

There is a huge Walmart and a fair size Chedraui in downtown Cancun both a short walk away from the R2 bus route.

These are every day supermarkets used by the locals and the prices reflect that.

What to buy: A bottle of tequila can be had for half the price as you'll find elsewhere. And there is a massive selection of brands too..

The same goes for bottled water, beer, soft drinks etc. Everything here is much, much cheaper than in the zone where most of the prices are double or more.

What to pay: A bottle of tequila can be had for $5 upwards.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Isla Mujeres Downtown

by Bwana_Brown Updated Aug 24, 2004

We had a chance to wander the downtown area of Isla Mujeres for about 2 hours. There are many small shops and narrow streets but we enjoyed just taking in the sights on this particular day.

Downtown Isla Mujeres

Latest: Jul 21, 2013
Dos Playas Hotel

Instant Answers: Cancún

• Dec 3, 2012 at 1:47 PM

MONOMALO: It is a store on Hildago Ave that sells t-shirts, postcards, etc. Unfortunately after purchasing a very nice t-shirt from the shop, I got home and discovered that the shirt was far too small after washing in cold water and not drying it. I requested from the owners that I would pay for shipping to/from and even compensate them a bit for the exchange. Despite never drying or wearing the t-shirt the owners would not even consider an exchange. I was very disappointed and would not recommend purchasing anything from MONOMALO.

Cancún Shopping

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Cancún locals.
Map of Cancún