Swimming, Cancún

Know about this? Rate It!

Kerry taking a dip in the ocean
    by TinKan
  • Etoile2B's Profile Photo

Caribbean bathtub

by Etoile2B Updated Feb 8, 2005

The crystal blue Caribbean waters gently call out from every hotel in the hotel zone. I hope you packed your swim suit! Leave your troubles behind and hop in. Year round the ocean temperatures are warm an inviting... think bathtub. At our beach the sandbar extends out relatively far and we were protected from the rough surf. The result was nearly glass and always serene. If you're feeling adventurous swim out past the buoys where the water starts to get deeper, just watch out for wave runners and boats. Tell me, can you think of a better way to waste away your day?

Equipment: Just your favorite bathing suit!

Kerry taking a dip in the ocean
    • Beaches

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo

Hanging out in the Hotel Pool

by Etoile2B Updated Feb 8, 2005

If you feel like escaping from the sun and the saltwater cool off by taking a little dip in your hotel pool. Our hotel had two pools and the main pool features a swim-up bar. They always had a volleyball net set up at one end of the main pool so people could start up a game. And the main pool was big enough that even when people were playing there was room to swim undisturbed.

Equipment: Just a bathing suit - and a pool volleyball if you're up for a friendly match.

With Julie in the hotel pool
    • Water Sports
    • Spa and Resort

• gipper84's Profile Photo

Swimming with the dolphins

by gipper84 Written Jun 28, 2005

Swimming with the dolphins at Xel Ha was so much fun. I think I got the biggest laugh from watching David's mom freak out as the dolphins picked her up. I like it because the dolphins came up and kissed me on the cheek, and they swam over my stomach, and allowed me to rub them. The neatest thing and one I recommend wholeheartly is to let them pick you up and push you through the water. At first I got really scared as they pushed up on my feet, but in the end I was screaming with joy and had the best time, anyone could ever imagine. It was so much fun. Sorry this is another generic photo until I get my photo from David's dad.

Equipment: No equipment necessary

• TinKan's Profile Photo

Swimming

by TinKan Updated Mar 22, 2003

The pool at the hotel provided a chance to get some swimming in. Each morning the pool is closed to the kids so that the adults can do a morning swim.

hotel pool